Monday, February 5, 2024

Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head

Other than water nonstop pouring from the sky, not a lot going on around here.

The show must nevertheless go on, so this morning was the usual workout. However, because last few days’ warning to "Prepare now … California’s next storm may bring life-threatening flooding beginning Sunday", I switched marketing to yesterday, before the storm hit, so as not to a have to do so in today’s rain.

Yesterday was pretty much blue skies.


Which meant the organizers and participants of Sunday morning’s event at the airport were able to proceed without a hitch.

There’s always a few diehards who would have participated had not the coast been clear, had the rain started earlier, but it might have put a damper on the after events.

So though the event was a go, I’m still glad I didn’t register.

The predicted storm didn’t hit the area until late last night, raining cats and dogs ever since.

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I won’t have to head out again until Wednesday.

It’s predicted to still rain straight through until then, so if anyone is looking for me, I’ll be here — snug as a bug drinking coffee from my pink cup.

Not one of those Pink Stanley Cups in the news lately, the ones folks are going crazy for.

I personally don’t get this craze. They’re sold out at Target, going for $150 on Ebay and, believe it or not, $250 at Walmart.

I’m happy with my years old pink seasonal coffee cup ($10).


LATE BREAKING NEWS ... Red Light telephoned just as I was ending this post. She's talking about not wanting to live here any longer, looking for a place to live, has already requested return of her security deposit from management to facilitate said move.

No surprise, management said "NO".

Not that I'd like to see her go but, if she does go, bingo goes with her. I'll be free without having to put on those big girl panties.

As for why she wants to move, if she follows through and when, more on the details as this story develops.

13 comments:

  1. Red Light is looking to move? That's big news indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a problem in her unit she can't live with. I wouldn't be able to stomach it either and she says management isn't responding. No surprise there.

      Delete
  2. You'd better have your life preserver by the door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been watching your news. I think you've got more than raindrops. I was thinking about the old song that says "it never rains in California..." Stay safe, don't drive through big puddles of water. Maybe the agricultural and lettuce crops will be dandy?! And better grapes for the wine? Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  4. May Noah pick you up on his way out of town. It must be pretty bad if Red Light wants to move (and is acting on it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She rants and raves so much so often that it's hard to take her serious. However, the fact she asked for her security deposit back, so she can afford to move, sounds serious this time.

      Delete
  5. If the flood comes at least you are not at ground level 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another reason to be grateful to be positioned upstairs.

      Delete
  6. From the stories and photos shown on the news I would think you are all beginning to slide down mountains, and entering two by two onto an ark. The TV makes it look like the end is near. Yet you and my SIL say, ah, no big deal. She is in orange county so maybe too far inland I don't know. Another reason perhaps to not believe the broadcast news. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The devastation is mostly in the hills of Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Baldwin Hills. "Hills" being the operative word. Most that will happen here in this little brick and mortar area, is that parts of the sidewalks and streets will breakup, need repair. However, the folks in homes up on the hill behind us may be worried.

      Delete
  7. The Universe sometimes provides, if Red Light moves, BINGO can be a thing of the Past and you can remain Commando. *Winks* I was worried about everyone I know in Cali when I saw the News about the catastrophic Weather and life threatening Floods. Today is my Brother's Birthday and I wondered if Diamond Bar where he lives is underwater and he should ask for a Go Fund Me for an Ark?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diamond Bar is on the other side of Pomona, not all that far from here, but looking at the weather map it doesn't even appear to be raining all that much over there, while we're being water boarded.

      Delete