Friday, August 4, 2023

Thoughts and Prayers

This was posted to FB last night.

The request did not go as the poster expected.

Let’s start with the obvious.

  • Uhm....he's not the president.
  • That’s FORMER President Dump.

From there was no love for Dumpledorf .....

  • That's all he's got, a prayer.
  • Lets pray he gets 20 to life.
  • I pray he gets sentenced to prison.
  • I pray to God they hurry up and lock him up.
  • I pray for a swift conviction.

Here's one many are hoping and praying for .....

  • I pray he doesn't become president.

This one is a classic .....


But wait, there's more ......

  • I pray he receives the Justice he’s been avoiding.
  • Prayers for him to get what he deserves! And the sentence that he deserves!
  • Praying that he goes to prison
  • and Big Bubba wants him to be his special friend for years and years.
  • I’m praying he doesn’t last long enough to go to prison.
  • I'll be praying for him ... To get the maximum sentencing.
  • I always pray for Trump using Psalm 109:8
  • I had to look that last one up in my King James ... and yes, I have a bible. Two actually. A Red-Letter King James and a New Testament King James.

    Why?

    I don't know, except maybe tradition — we always had a bible in the home when I was a child.

    So, anyway 109.8 says "Let his days be few; and let another take his office".

    If that isn't the perfect prayer for No. 45, I don't know what is.

    I guess whoever posted the request for prayers didn't realize a prayer can be backhanded.



    24 comments:

    1. Those prayers are gold, PURE GOLD! Plus I stole that meme for future use, lol!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That'll teach the poster to be careful what he asks for, LOL.

        Delete
    2. Absolutely gold, as Debra said.

      ReplyDelete
    3. This post really made my day! I'm so happy you shared it here. I pray justice is served swiftly and harshly.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hopefully your prayer, and the others, will come true. Either cause him to be put away or end him.

        Delete
    4. Ah, yes, for once I'm sending thoughts and prayers!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I had to go to a funeral today, connected with the home health person I take care of: The old deceased guy had a "Let's Go Brandon" ball cap on. I don't think there's truly a way to get folks to think. Not sure he's gonna rest in peace. Linda in Kansas

      ReplyDelete
    6. He never seems to go away, let'S hope

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. After making terrorist threats yesterday, he needs to be committed.

        Delete
    7. Replies
      1. No. 45 gives me and others a lot of opportunities to poke fun at him.

        Delete
    8. I Pray for all of what everyone else said... his Bad Karma coming back on him is his own doing. I just want the Criminal Justice System to not seem as Two Tiered for the powerful and affluent... towards him having any more Favor as he's already enjoyed... I know that it is a glaringly Two Tiered System since I worked in Criminal Law many, many years.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's difficult to understand how these sell outs that lie/cheat to win, stay in power, oppress others, sell their souls to be part of the in-crowd, can live with themselves.

        Delete
      2. The answers might be found by reading deeply about psychopaths vs sociopaths, amorality vs immorality. And of course narcissism.

        Delete
      3. No need to tell me this commenter's name. Sound like it's coming from the very wise Paranormal John.

        Delete
      4. It was me, old lady in DC who isn't that wise but did work for the National Institute of Mental Health for many years.!

        Delete
      5. Seems you and Paranormal John had somewhat similar careers.

        Delete
    9. That haiku! Classic. Since I'm in the camp that says he'll never be behind bars, I console myself with this thought. He will, probably, have to sit at a defense table surrounded by his lawyers for days and days listening to a trial, staring at the jurors and prosecutors (Jack Smith, Letitia James, Alvin Bragg) and he won't be able to say a word or move or drink his precious diet cokes. This could go on for months. Remember how OJ had to sit for months -- silent, expressionless, docile? That will be DJT next year or the next. It alone could kill him. He will suffer! That may be the only justice he faces but it could be worth it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Though I'd like to see him imprisoned, treated just like every other criminal, I'm resigned to it never happening. That, like you said, the only justice we will ever see are the indictments/arraignments. But it's fun to watch and hope for a miracle.

        Delete