Sunday, August 6, 2023

Outta There!!!

On Friday, I mastered sideways on the ladder exercise, no injury, by not raising knees and jumping, but just stepping from rung to rung in a marching manner.

Not what Trainer would like to see, but worked for me.

Returning from the Cave, I ran into the resident of the Bad Energy Unit.

He greeted me. I, in return, said, "Hi" and then, as we passed each other added, "Quiet up there isn’t it?"

I guess he’s experiencing no difficulties from whatever entity was detrimental to other residents of that unit (except that I noticed his belly has grown by a lot) because in response to "quiet up there isn’t it", he rolled his eyes, let out an exasperated breath and said yesssss, like he’s bored.

"You should come to Tuesday’s End of Summer Luncheon, meet some of the other neighbors", said I.

"I’ll try".

I don’t think he will, but busy little man that he appears to be, always coming/going (maybe still employed), he’s bored.

And when I say his belly has grown by a lot, I mean protruding, like pregnant in the short time he’s been living here.

Bored and overeating or it’s like in the sci fi movies where the entity has entered and is residing in the human form — in this case, residing in his belly.

Fed up with the financial institution I’ve been with for 40+ years, after researching banks last few days, I took steps on Saturday to check out the one I was interested in moving my account to.

Didn’t like the location so, decided to do further research during the week and set about other errands.

The Craft Store was full of customer, but only one staff person and he was working the register.

I was third in line at the yardage station waiting for service and, as the line got longer, the young man working the register responded to the bell and looked flustered.

As he began handling our yardage requests, he kept looking up, over, around and seemed stressed — appropriately so.

When the phone began to ring and he couldn’t answer it and take care of our needs as well, he looked really worried, so I said, "Yep, looks like it’s only you working today".

"I keep looking around, wondering where did everyone go", said he.

"You know what's gonna happen ... as soon as you take care of all us customers, the others will show up. Right now, they’re probably having a lunch party and didn’t invite you", said I.

Everyone in line laughed, the laughter caused him to relax a bit and, as he continued to soldier on he said, "You know … it's interesting you said that, because we do have a member leaving. This is her last day and they’re probably all in the back room having a celebration".

"WOW!" said I. "I was dead on … I should go get a lottery ticket".

I made a mental note of his name (Joel) so that if my ticket won I’d look him up and give him a taste, only I didn’t stop my travels to purchase a ticket.

From the craft store, I ended up at Sprouts. Looking around at a new complex being built in the area, all the new shops and stores going up, I heard myself say to myself, "This would be a great location for a bank" (near the craft store I frequent, near the new Jeep dealership and Costco. Nail salon next door).

I kid you not ... I looked over and saw a financial institution I’d not previously noticed or even considered.

And just like that, I opened an account and began the process of getting out of the troubled bank.

Looks like just in time because later that evening (yesterday) I saw that troubled bank in the news yet again — fraudulent bank accounts to meet a sales quota and customers reporting missing deposits.

That last one hit me because I recently noticed a direct deposit that looks like it has never been credited to my account. It showed up as in there, but the daily total didn’t include it.

Had me all confused, like maybe I’m not understanding what I’m looking at correctly, but now I know others are missing deposits as well.

I’m outta there!!!, and looks like I’m getting out just in time.

12 comments:

  1. The Universe was working with you to find that new and convenient bank!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! and not just the bank as I'm seeing signs leading me to that area in other ways.

      Delete
  2. Overeating here nut not bored. It's just fun.

    Good luck with the new financial institution. I can't believe about your direct deposit. If any check is going to be good, it's a direct deposit from another company or financial institution.

    I wish someone would win the Mega Millions. I'm getting tired of wasting money on it. 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One would think direct deposit being the way to go and, until recently, it was. I don't know if it's a system failure or theft from within. I'm done chasing the big ones. I buy my regular weekly numbers and let the chips fall where they may, but I volunteer if the Universe is looking for someone to accept the Millions.

      Delete
  3. Is this the big stagecoach institution !?! Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, but looks like the stagecoach is being robbed from within, so I'm out.

      Delete
  4. What a bit of magic. You made Joel's day better (probably calmed everyone else in line) and then found your new bank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about it later that no one in line got huffy puffy all Karen and took the wait out on the kid. After I got my fabric, as I walked away, I told him "The least they (the missing coworkers) can do is save you a piece of cake". "Yeah, right" said I. All ego aside, I think I did make his day better.

      Delete
  5. Just a thought on your tenet in the troubled unit. He may have a worsening medical condition causing his pregnant-looking belly. It's sometimes a result from liver failure, usually from too much booze, and some types of cancer, or fluid retention with some types of heart failure. The collecting fluid is frequently drained off (yep, with a big needle) to relieve pressure and provide comfort. If the whites of his eyes begin to appear yellowish, it's a medical problem. That's a fast gain if it's food intake. Sounds like your new retail area will be jolly! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may be. He's always coming/going, so not as inactive as those of us that did gain weight after moving in, so may be medical. And the more I think about it I'm remembering it does look like what I've seen with people with liver conditions. I've managed to lose the weight I gained since moving in when I was inactive, no medical reason, and was fortunate that it did not settle in one location but was proportionately distributed.

      Delete