Sunday, April 10, 2022

Think Fast

Didn’t make it to the Farmer’s Market on Saturday after all. Experiencing some trauma from the last two workouts, I ran what errands needed to be run, returned to the complex and lathered the sore areas with an ointment that would get me arrested at Disneyland, then chilled until the pain lessened.

I’m assuming you heard about the great grandma who was arrested at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, ordered to strip naked, bend over for a body cavity search, banned from returning to Disneyland, because she carried on her person an ointment her doctor had suggested she use to treat her osteoarthritic pain.

Since she obviously was using the ointment for pain relief, was not the Heisenberg she'd been profiled to be, she’s suing for $18 million.

Hope she wins, but don’t think she has a beggar’s chance of coming out on top against the mouse organization.

At any rate, the incident cautioned me about carrying pain relief with me or going anywhere after lathering it on my body, so I decided to stay inside reminder of the weekend.

Today, Sunday, I decided to give myself a Skittle Nails mani/pedi in colors to fit this week coming up on Easter.


I’m happy with the outcome, but think it looks — and correct me if you see differently, more like pre-Pride Week than pre-Easter.

Either way is fine by me because the mani/pedi is bright, cheery, pleases me.

Returning my nail kit to the bedroom closet, I looked over and who did I see out and about through the bedroom window but our Karen character.

Telling myself to Think Fast, I jumped into the closet, hid behind the closet door, peered out to observe without being seen.

Didn’t see her pick up any tree droppings — she might have already done so by the time I saw her. She just followed her cat around, looked up this way a time or two — seeing nothing, I’m certain, but that lamp and the sun bouncing off the window — because I was in the closet so to speak.

After a while, she grabbed the cat without luring it with tree droppings and went back inside.

Tomorrow it’s back to the start of another week and dueling Bingo Games.

Red Light tells me the Bingo Game indicated on the Activity Calendar is being run by Activity Director, 12-12:45 Tuesday the 19th. The one she and Talker are hosting is 1:00 April 14 and, mysteriously, is not included in the calendar of events, but is mentioned as a blurb on a back page.

Consequently, she and the talker are walking around, alerting us to Thursday’s event.

Sabotage?

Is Activity Director jealous?

Does she feel her position is being threatened?

I think Activity Director has been here too long.

She joined us during the tenure of Community Manager No. 2, has been here since and a couple times said or done something that made me think she’d become too comfortable, too sure of herself and her position.

Like that time she was so rude to the residents that did her job for her when she was late arriving on pizza distribution day. Upon arriving, instead of thanking the Baker, the Helpful Little Lady and one or two others who'd stepped up to the plate, did her job for her, she yelled at them saying, "No pizzas are to be distributed until I get here!"

Then, as I recall, still mad, she instructed those same residents to take over an event that immediately followed pizza distribution, while she spent the afternoon in the computer room.

I can't stand a bully so I'd suggested to the ladies that unless and until she apologized that they walk away, don't continue to help her.

Of course, they were nicer and more forgiving than I. Allowed Activity Director to get away with her bad behavior.

Just two/three days ago, I ran into D, the sex assault victim. She looked quite pretty, having dyed purple streaks into her hair.

I complimented her on the look, telling her it was flattering, very hip, very now.

She thanked me saying that Activity Director had made her feel bad about it saying, "Who are you trying to be".

Sounded like a bitchy put down to me and D took it that way.

Activity Director is early 30’s, dumpy, so I said "How would she know what’s a good look. You look great. Do you".

At any rate, I've nothing else to do on Thursday. So, even though Bingo is not my thing, I’ll be going just to stick it to Activity Director, support Red Light and the Talker. Hope they get a larger crowd than she.

I’m not worried about the event turning into a super spreader because I’m so tired of Covid, variants, vaccinations, being careful, and life in general, that I no longer even care.

15 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you had your second booster. I did a search and you have! I still have to get mine. I had no reaction to the first two shots but the booster gave me 4 out of the 7 reactions. Now I'm going for 7 out of 7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. I cancelled that appointment for 2nd booster.

      Delete
  2. Love your nails! And that's a beautiful cross-stitch in progress behind your hand -- your latest project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's my latest great works. Been working on that one since January of last year and not yet halfway through.

      Delete
  3. Please still consider getting the 2nd booster, and wearing a mask. Even protected and mask-wearing people are catching the latest variant.

    Glad your nails look lovely. A bit more pastel would make me think Easter. Aren't you missing purple in order to be pre-Pride? Maybe it's M&Ms more than Skittles, eh?
    Be sure and tell Karen you went into the closet because of her. Glad you came out. You need a damn mace cannon at your window.
    The complex has some really cranky people. I didn't know a bingo game could be done in 45 minutes. I remember days of huge halls with walls of smoke, and too serious of old ladies with their markers ready to kill. (I volunteered concessions to help raise money for my son's pre-school.) Maybe you should rent a fake smoke-cloud making machine for the game you want to attend. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd need a 6th finger to add in the purple color and that's a good point about 45-minute bingo. I don't think the Activity Director has her heart in it. Now's her chance to give it up if she wants.

      Delete
  4. Your nails always look great Shirley!

    The story is insane. This country is getting way out of control. Next thing you know, if you fart in public, they'll soon be giving out tickets because of the gas pressure change to the atmosphere.

    Dam I shouldn't have said that out loud, might give them ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope she is able to sue the pants off of them for what they did to her. That is completely ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be looking for news to see how it turns out for her.

      Delete
  6. The craziness is everywhere - here a 16 year old school girl was strip searched without an appropriate adult present. There was a big outcry (as there should be) the officers in charge are under review but still with the force (what the hell!). 😠 Your nails look lush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read about that. Some teacher felt it appropriate to call the cops because she thought the child's clothes smelled like weed. No such thing was found during that illegal search. I hope all involved are being sued and have lost their jobs. I can't imagine how traumatizing that was to the 16-year-old and the great grandma.

      Delete
  7. I did not hear about the old lady and Disneyland. Life never stops surprising me. That was ridiculous IMHO.

    ReplyDelete