Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Making Hay

I popped into the corner market after yesterday’s workout. They had plenty of eggs and news report of a price increase was no joke. I paid a whopping $7.99 for an 18-egg carton of England’s Best Organics.

The sun showed up this morning, so I decided to make hay while it was shining, take care of out of the area business that had been placed on hold because of blistery weather last few days.

Before heading out, I got a call from Red Light saying she’d gotten a call from the Activity Director that a craft class was scheduled for noon and she (Activity Director) had just been informed us residents weren’t advised.

Evidently she (Activity Director) had prepared April’s Activity Calendar well in advance, but No. 9 (the new Community Director whom I’ve still not yet seen) failed to have it posted to our doors.

March ended so quickly, April came so soon that I myself hadn’t noticed we’d not received a calendar, that No. 9 screwed up.

Oh well, I had more important things to do, as did Red Light said she did, so my guess is few if any likely showed up for today’s Easter Craft class.

There are a few things on the calendar that give me pause, like a class entitled "Wow Them with Applications, Cover Letters and Resumes" and "Jump on Board for Success (J.O.B.S) — Skill Matcher".

Those classes might have been helpful when we were in the workforce, but the majority of us are retired or being funded by SSI Disability.

The handful or so still working (and I know of only four, and two are part time) won’t be attending the 11:30 — 12:00 sessions because they’ll be at work.

I don’t get how Activity Director thinks we’d be interested in wowing a future employer or getting our skills matched.

At any rate, Activity Director must have pitched a fit over No. 9’s failure because, by the time I arrived back, Calendars were posted to our doors.

I see Bingo is starting up again, and these old folks LOVE bingo, so that should get residents out of their units.

I am not a bingo person but, with Red Light and Talker listed as the hosts, it’s something I’d like to see … at least once. Problem is, it’s from 12:00 to 12:45 on a workout day, so no can do.

I wonder if Karen is a bingo person ... if she’ll come out to play with Talker, mingle with other residents.

Speaking of Karen, I had the bright idea last night to move a lamp from next to the nightstand to in front of the bedroom window because it’s a lamp that might fool Karen into thinking it’s what she saw in the window that day, instead of a person.


I think she’ll buy it.

It also gives me cover so I can continue surveillance.


16 comments:

  1. ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! That video cracked me up!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a good game of bingo every once in awhile. Using daubers is fun! (Clearly, I need to get out more.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Ok, you REALLY slimmed down even more with that lamp-shaped figure! At 44 cents an egg, maybe some will have 2 yolks. Ouch!
    Maybe some tenets will have to go back to work with the price of groceries and gas, thus the rationale for the resume skills sessions. Be careful: bingo gatherings could be sneaky covid parties.
    Next step, you'll have to shine a big spot light through your window onto the defenseless olive tree! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked hard for that lamp shade figure, LOL, and I shudder to think any of us, myself included, is ever forced by prices to return to the workforce. That would be too cruel.

      Delete
  4. Your Surveillance disguise cracks me up! I buy expensive Eggs too, I just Love the Blue/Brown Eggs from Happy Egg, the Yolks are so Rich and Orange, I swear they taste way better and they had them Two Bucks a Dozen Off recently and so I bought 3 Dozen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eggs weren't all that expensive a few days ago. They blew up literally overnight.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. How do you get emojis in your comment. I'm still doing it the old colon, dash, parenthesis way.

      Delete
  6. You're very sneaky!
    Activities Director does seem a bit confused about her target audience.

    ReplyDelete