Monday, April 18, 2022

I Blame Bingo

Slept the weekend away. Could not keep my eyes open. Kept falling asleep.

In between long naps, I did manage to get some needlepoint work done, viewed a few of the recorded Breaking Bad Marathon episodes, even stayed awake long enough to watch the United States of America vs. Whitey Bulger docudrama last night before falling into bed, sleeping through the night.

I blame bingo.

Engaging in that activity for 2-1/2 hours drained me; but all that sleeping was just what I needed to recharge and be ready to face another week.

That Whitey docudrama was enlightening. It brought out information not formerly disclosed.

From what I’ve gleaned about the life and times of Whitey Bulger over the years, he struck me as a straight shooter. A bad guy for sure, a cold blooded brutal psychopathic killer yes, but honest about who and what he was. So, it doesn't make a lot of sense he'd lie about being an informant. More likely, as the docudrama inferred, the accusation is a smoke screen to cover misconduct by those tasked to protect/serve.

Not that any of that matters in the grand scheme of things now, other than to demonstrate what people in high places, and people in general, will do to protect and serve their own self-interest.

So, anyway, during two of the moments I was awake over the weekend, I did see Karen out and about — once with her cat and once alone.

She was without her cane as she foraged in the grass AND she extended her foraging area to pretty much cover the entire grassy knoll.

She even walked down my walkway, out of sight, after which I lost interest in whatever she was up to.

A few days ago, I saw what looked like mushrooms growing on the property.

I’ll have to remember to check to see if they’re still there or if, when she walked out of sight, she spotted them and foraged them as well — though I can’t imagine they’re safe to eat.

Today was a workout, yet another nap, and carrot dogs for dinner — except instead of making myself a little queasy with gluten free bread, I wrapped them in a corn tortilla.

After adding catsup, mustard, salsa, slaw and tomatoes, the slightly warmed up tortilla held up very well.




I could have cut off those naughty looking ends poking out for the photo, but oh well.

If we ever go back to having barbeques here at the complex, this is what I’ll be bringing for myself and maybe a few extras carrots for those who want to try in their hot dog buns.

Are any of you watching Spring Baking Championship?

If so, what do you think of their bringing Carolyn back?

She was favored to win, but went home fair and square on a failed cookie salad.

Their bringing her back, saying the other bakers had no problem with it is bull crap — like what choice did the other bakers have but to swallow it and smile for the camera.

The whole thing is sketchy.

No surprise as to who’s going to win the competition.

Interesting enough, I posted a comment on their Instagram saying how sketch bringing Carolyn back is.

They removed it.

I wonder how many others have commented such and had their comment removed.

I’m off to see what Twitter has to say about it.

11 comments:

  1. I'm watching Spring Baking Championship too, but we must be a week behind in Canada because that episode hasn't aired yet. Probably next week. Yes, it sounds sketchy to bring Carolyn back -- on what possible basis could they do that?

    And while I'm bitching, I don't like Molly Yeh as host either. Her "little girl" persona and big phoney smile get on my nerves. A lot of her challenges suck too and they are all so self-centred. Everything is about her, her, her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! You are so right about Molly. I could never watch her own show because that permanent botox grin is too irritating. I can't figure out how she grins and talks at the same time, LOL. Her now as host of SBC is getting a lot of negative feedback on social media. She never stops grinning or talking or interrupting the bakers. Hopefully, Jessie will be back next season.

      Delete
    2. Yes, COME BACK, JESSE! I miss him too.

      Delete
  2. Good going on your post bingo marathon rest. I've yet to try the carrot dogs, but these look yummy. I don't watch Spring Baking Championship, but I've noticed some pages on social media having all happy happy comments. They must delete ones they don't like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right you are about deleting what they don't like. It appears they got so much negativity on Instagram that they not only deleted my comment but deleted the entire post that so offended us fans. But they can't control Twitter. I've yet to see what TikTok has to say.

      Delete
  3. Glad you got some rest. Your carrotacodog is cute. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute, Tasty and so Inexpensive that I may turn orange from eating a boatload of carrots to get my grocery bill down :-)

      Delete
  4. Those carrot dogs border on the obscene and I like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to cut those ends off before I expose to the seniors. Don't want Church Lady to have a heart attack :-)

      Delete
  5. I've taken to long naps lately too and seem exceedingly tired. The Carrot dogs made me Smile, they do look naughty.

    ReplyDelete