Friday, April 1, 2022

April Fool

Where did the month of March go? It’s April already and why did I just hear "March Madness" coming from a sports broadcast, when it’s April already.

I wasn’t going to post today, because I had nothing to fit the topic of April Fool’s Day; but then, the Universe gave me a fool to talk about when I spotted the "I'm sick I need peace and quiet" Karen out in the wild early this morning.


I eventually did see the cat was there and, during the video, you’ll hear me repeat the refrain of a particular song, only I changed a word to "cat".

A gold star and mad respect to the first person who can name that tune.

Though I still would like to see Will Smith’s punishment as loss of his Oscar and future roles, a commentator has me viewing the incident in a different light.

It was said Smith's behavior is not an aberration. That his behavior was so extreme as to indicate it wasn’t unusual, but is a pattern not previously known by the public. The commentator cautioned that we are not to be surprised if previous incidents begin to surface, be talked about, exposed.

Sure enough, that old vid of Smith mocking a bald man resurfaced and now, a prominent actor on the Mohamed Ali set spoke on how cruel, mean, destructive to the career of that actor Smith had been. Not because of anything the actor did, but because someone else pissed Smith off and instead of confronting that person, he instead turned on the actor.

Sound like the same thing Smith did in the slapping incident. He chose Chris’ mild joke as an excuse to assault Chris rather than address all the horrific things others have said about Jada.

I believe it’s called "Projection".

At any rate, I’m now seeing the whole thing as a necessary Times Up for Smith — the Karma train coming around to bite him in the butt, expose who he is, what he's gotten away with.

As a Contemplative, I’m taught and trained to not get caught up in the optics, but to always look for the deeper meaning.

Sadly, I did get caught up in the optics at first, because the optics were so shocking, but now that I’m back to center I can see the deeper meaning.

It’s like the saying I apply to my life when things seem to go wrong — that there’s a cosmic reason for everything. The deeper reason here is the Universe exposing Smith for who he really is. His Times Up moment, Karma Train returning to the station. Stop him from getting worse, as he surely would have, thinking he was now completely invincible because of the Oscar win.

I’m just sorry Chris Rock and the Oscar Ceremony were used as the instruments for Smith's reckoning.

20 comments:

  1. I found it telling that Chris Rock, after he left the stage that night, apologized to Wanda Sykes because now all the talk would be the slap and not the show.
    Will Smith didn't apologize to Sikes.
    'nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! The days are just going by fast. So many things going on right now. And wow, just when you thought Hollywood could not go any weirder and crazier. I hope you have a wonderful month ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lux. Here's hoping April is good for you as well.

      Delete
  3. That would be 'who let the dogs out' - haven't heard that in awhile.

    I hope the academy does take a hard line with Will Smith - there's enough violence on the streets without having to view it in real life on what should be a enjoyable evening. Pleased you found a dentist you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am impressed. You're over in the UK, is that correct and you know that song. It is indeed "Who Let the Dogs Out". A gold star and mad respect for being so hip :-)

      Delete
    2. Thank you ๐Ÿ˜ it was the 4th biggest selling single of 2000 - you couldn't really escape from it. - and now I've gut it stuck in my head again ๐Ÿ˜

      Delete
  4. That Karma Train runs on its own schedule though, doesn't it? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy April to you! Insightful thoughts regarding Will Smith. I wonder what other deeds are out there that we don't know about. Even if he gets to keep his Oscar, he might (should) have a hard time finding work now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw that he resigned from the Academy. It's a start towards wiping that smug look off his face, Jada's face and their son's "how we do it" face. What's done in the dark ultimately comes to the light, so I'm sure I'll hear more about what deeds brought him to this point of reckoning.

      Delete
  6. Happy April! Mess up Karen and sprinkle some big jelly beans or double yolk Easter eggs out in the olive laden grass. Maybe she's making martinis. Never seen a cat that has to be watched like a dog to go outside. It's an odd upbringing. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Jellybeans is such a great idea. I'm down for it. I'll have to first buy jellybeans then figure out how to drop them on the lawn without being seen by any of the residents. Probably have to arrange for a nighttime caper. Stay tuned, LOL.

      Delete
  7. Cris Rock, to my great surprise, has been a rock in this. I'm not sure what the future will hold but so far he has been an exemplary gentleman caught up in a bizarre situation. I hope he will hold to that.

    As for the Karen, she needs help, obviously, and I hope that someone in authority there will finally realize that and do something about it.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I were he, I'd need therapy because this is a lot.

      Delete
  8. Don't get arrested for prowling. Maybe place about 10 in a pile, then another pile a few feet away; after maintenance mows. Stick an olive on top of each pile. I have a night time camper headlamp. I'll come help! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just gonna take the trash to the dumpster late one night, walk back by that spot, quickly toss jellybeans and hope to be lucky enough to see when she finds them.

      Delete
  9. Oh now I want to know when you drop Jelly Beans out there and if she'll pick them up. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's almost always deeper meaning behind bad behavior and yes, a lot of Projection going on.

    ReplyDelete