Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Mixed Bag

I took a stroll outside yesterday, to check the area where I'd seen wild mushrooms growing and found them gone.

Don’t know if Karen got to them or another resident or the landscapers but fortunately, when first spotted, I’d taken photos.



The plan, after this morning’s workout, was to head to the dentist for removal of that temporary crown.

However, the dental office called yesterday to reschedule to 10:00 Friday.

It’s already been four weeks, when it should have been only two, so "What’s the holdup" I asked.

Something to do with the permanent crown not yet being delivered by the lab.

The lab must be on Pluto, thought I, as I reluctantly agreed to give up Friday’s workout so I can get the work done and over with.

I am so over dentists that I’ll not be having any further preventive work done. I’ll wait until something goes wrong and I have no choice — from proactive to reactive.

It was a mixed bag the night I checked Twitter to see how Spring Baking Championship (SBC) fans were reacting to Carolyn being brought back.

Unlike Instagram, where the show’s media team can and do delete unfavorable comments, they can’t control Twitter and, though two or three were supportive of Carolyn coming back, the majority called the fairness of it into question, and universally voiced their displeasure of the new host.

"Not loving this season SBC where one mistake can send you home until they randomly change the rules" … "How is bringing Carolyn back fair? I'm out. This season is terrible" … "It’s horribly unfair that she gets another chance" … "SBC just out here making up their own rules. Eliminate someone too early. Bring them back. I mean, why bother having any rules anyway?" … "No way Carolyn should have come back. If they were going to have that be a new element in the show it should have been announced in the beginning. I'll finish watching this season but I hope Molly isn't here for any other Baking Championship" … "They had no business bringing Carolyn back. Done with this bullshit show" … "Molly Yeh makes me want to rip my eyes out and shove them in my ears" … "Molly should go back to the farm" …"If Carolyn wins, it’ll seem like favoritism" … and so on and so on and so on.

Newsflash …. Carolyn IS going to win and it IS favoritism.

I guess the show's Instagram page received so much flack that they got tired of deleting comments — like they promptly deleted my comment calling them out on being sketchy, and solved the issue by deleting the entire post, which was a photo of the remaining contestants.

If I were Carolyn, I’d be embarrassed and want no part of being called back to ultimately win under such circumstances.

I’m equating it to someone who recently won an Oscar — so you win your Oscar, you win Spring Baking Championship, but it’s a tainted victory that, even though you go on to enjoy fame and fortune, the wrongness of it will weigh on you.

It's bad Juju for everyone involved.

In other news ... and don't get mad my UK friends at this but I'm just wondering that, since Harry and Megan got such lovely comments about their attendance at the Invictus Games and PDA, if Kate and William will come up with something comparable since they do tend to compete for the lion's share of attention.

Just sayin.

11 comments:

  1. Good to know I'm not the only Molly non-fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't watch the show, never did, didn't know it existed. I used to work at a 7th Day Adventist hospital; the folks who like vegetarian foods. They had these wonderful meatballs made from ground nuts in a sauce. I happened to see Drew Barrymore's daytime show with that chef's recipe, and it was just like the hospital ones I remembered. It's "Chef Molly Yeh's and My Ex-Boyfriend's Meatless Balls" at www.thedrewbarrymoreshow.com. My son loves them too with spaghetti and sauce. They're made with almonds or walnuts. You won't need the yard mushrooms. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked up the YouTube version. A dish I could get behind, but for the icky cheese. I don't eat cheese, never liked it, can't even stand the smell. Molly on YouTube was a lot easier to take than Molly on Food Network. Must have been filmed a long time ago, before Food Network turned her into the fixed smiling cupie doll on speed she now is.

      Delete
    2. Oops; forgot about the cheese in it. Maybe you can shred one of your hot dog carrots instead of cheese? Hmmmm. Linda in Kansas

      Delete
  3. I'll take Harry and Negan any day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't watch that show but I love that about Twitter. There's nothing a show can do about your comments except block you which some will do. It still doesn't stop people from making comments and tagging the show or company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right. One would think they'd actually care what fans have to say and act accordingly. I don't see how they can ignore how irate the fans on Twitter are, not to mention I checked Facebook and there's even more bashing of their bringing Carolyn back and Molly not working out as host.

      Delete
  5. William and Kate do loads - just doesn't get reported so much on your side of the ocean I guess. 😏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets reported here. It's just that they come across as so stiff and formal, business like; while Megan and Harry seem so normal, loving, always holding hands/public displays of affection. That aspect of their relationship being so duly noted at the Games, I'm expecting William and Kate to do something similar in public to compete with that loving aspect.

      Delete