Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Stilettos in the Snow

I’ve been happily doing my own mani pedi since the nail salon screwed up my appointment back in March. They’d failed to book a manicurist, which left the pedicurist to do both. She did the usual bang-up job on the pedi but, bless her heart, manicures are not her thing. So, the job she did on my nails wasn’t up to snuff.

I wasn’t planning another spa day until a few days before a meditation retreat I’m booked to attend next month. In fact, Twin 2 had called on Sunday, suggested a spa day for Mother’s Day, and I’d said no — but only because I’m not feeling Mother’s Day this year. I don’t want to do anything, don’t want to go anywhere, just want to be left alone.

So, anyway, though I was not planning a spa day, had just turned down one, pain on the bottom of my feet dictated otherwise.

Returning from yesterday’s workout, kicking off my workout shoes, I found myself limping because my bare feet touching the floor was painful.

I dealt with it for a few hours but then decided I’d better call the spa before they closed for the evening, book an appointment for today.

I made sure the receptionist understood I was booking a manicurist AND my usual pedicurist, did not feel comfortable she’d gotten it right and was ready to be pissed this morning arriving to find they’d gotten it wrong again.

Woo Hoo! she'd gotten it right.

Pedicurist said pain on the balls of the feet is caused by the dry weather and suggested Eucerin Advanced Repair Foot Cream to keep the feet moisturized. So, I’ll pop into the drug store after tomorrow’s workout.

I was drawn to red polish today and seeing one called Stilettos in the Snow could not resist the color or the name.


Stilettos in the Snow is bold, sassy, makes me feel like doing something wild.



12 comments:

  1. Well! Your latest face swap video is just too TOO much! Love it, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooooooo Stilettos in the Snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to order a bottle. Stick with this color because it does feel like me.

      Delete
  3. You wear Stilettos in the Snow well my Friend. *winks* As for Mother's Day, we never Celebrate it anymore, Mom is no longer with us and for The G-Kid Force, both Mother's Day and Father's Day are rough since they were not Raised by their Parents... so we just ignore it... unless the Young Prince wants to do something with his Dad, who is Local and they're trying to form a better bond now that he's Grown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both comments showed up, so I deleted the follow up one. There's just so much dissention in the family that just the thought of Mother's Day makes me depressed and weepy. Every time a MD commercial comes on TV, I change the channel. I'm over it.

      Delete
  4. Don’t stop those workouts. From the looks of the video, Stilettos in the Snow did the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your appointment went as planned this time. And you have a solution for your foot pain. Lookin' bold and sassy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The solution is a lot cheaper than having to go to the nail salon every month.

      Delete
  6. Love the nail color. SO glad your story wasn't about finding stilettos in the depth of your closet and walking on plush carpet, then hurting your ankle. You must continue with that nail color until your foot ache is completely cured! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My actual stiletto days are long over. Except for stiletto nail color, I'm all about Birkenstocks and Athletic shoes.

      Delete