Thursday, April 7, 2022

A Hard Pass

Trainer was making good natured fun of me yesterday. Calling me a human pincushion for having taken the Covid vaccinations and continuing to go masked in the studio. This is something he often does because he’s an anti-masker/anti-vaxxer.

When I said I had an appointment for the 2nd Booster this Saturday, he rolled his eyes, called me an addict and told me the story of how the grandmother of one of his clients is now experiencing ailments she never had before being vaxxed.

Trainer’s taunts and anti-point of view doesn’t bother or worry me. It takes all kinds to make a universe so, just like I tolerate my buddy Apache’s support of No. 45 — because I enjoy Apache as a person, I tolerate Trainer’s views because I like him, and his training is worth the risk of being in his non-vaxxed non-masked presence.

I humor him, continue to wear a mask, wipe down with disinfectant wipes at the end of the sessions and, yesterday, I poo pooed that grandmother story.

THEN, catching up on blogs last night I saw where Catalyst, over at Oddball Observations, experienced neuropathy after his 2nd Booster — which he described as “Severe nerve pain, coming/going in his feet leading to prolonged moaning and occasional screaming and cursing”.

That’s twice in one day. First the grandmother story and then Catalyst’s story.

Taking them as signs, I cancelled Saturday’s appointment.

I’m taking a hard pass on this 2nd Booster and any future vaccine shots. I'll take my chances on coming down with one of the variants, which doesn't appear to be as severe as Covid or vaccine side effects.

Speaking of cosmic signs, I’ve been dreaming quite a lot lately. My subconscious is working overtime.

I think I know what the dreams are alluding to, how they relate to what I’m experiencing in daily and family life — like that dream/nightmare I had a week or so ago about the dentist.

I’d surmised it was the result of being traumatized by that lying dentist, fearful now of future dental visits.

Wanting to verify I’d interpreted it correctly, I attempted to dig my dream manuals out of patio storage but, seeing that particular container of books is buried deep behind Christmas decorations and other heavy containers, I decided it wasn’t feasible until December — when Christmas decorations are moved out of the way for display.

When out of the area on Tuesday, passing a Barnes and Noble, I popped in, purchased 12,000 Dreams Interpreted. The book interprets it thusly: "To dream of a dentist working on your teeth suggests that you will doubt the sincerity and honor of someone you have dealings with".

BAM!

Pretty much what I thought that, because of Dr. C, I now have trust issues with dentists.

Last night’s dream/nightmare was a doozie.

It involved waking up to find that lamp, mentioned in the last post, had been moved from the window to right next to my bed so that, when I awoke, I bumped it, and it fell across me. No harm to me, but placed as it was to let me know someone had been there during the night.

My queen bed in real life was twin beds in the dream, with the lamp placed nearest to the bed I was sleeping in.

The dream continued with my grabbing a weapon, in case the intruder was still in the unit as I cautiously made my way to the front door and outside. Banging on Next Door Neighbor’s door, I had her call the police. They searched the unit, the closet, found no intruder but did see the patio door had been breached and shoe prints indicating someone had exited the unit through that area.

Would you believe that out of 12,000 Dreams Interpreted not one covers the topic of "intruder".

Seems I’ll have to wait until December, dig out my other manuals to figure that one out.

I’m also still waiting to see if those lottery tickets I purchased on double egg yolk day will pay off.

I had a Power, Mega, Super Lotto, paid $5.00 and won a whopping $5.00 back on two of the three.

Breaking even, I rolled the $5 into a scratch ticket which yielded nothing, but has been entered into the Second Chance Draw. So, there's still a slim chance the double yolks may yet pay off.

No sign of that Karen character since the day she saw me see her. Don't know if this is because I've not been fortunate enough to catch her when she's out, or whether she's not been out.

Maybe she's embarrassed at being seen scrounging for tree droppings.

20 comments:

  1. I had the shot, and felt kinda flu-ish after, but that was all.
    I had the second and felt kinda flu-ish after, but that was all.
    I had the booster and felt kinda flu-ish after, but that was all.

    Same goes for Carlos.
    And yet we still wear masks. But it's kept me from getting a cold for the past two years so, yeah, there's that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No more covid vaccines for me. I will, however, be getting my annual flu shot in September whether Trainer teases me or not :-)

      Delete
  2. Ok. You really need a vacation to put different experiences in your brain. Then you can dream about different stuff. Not sure you can erase the bad dentist experience, but let the new one know so they'll take appropriate care of you. Sample case:
    (I had so many ear infections as a kid in the '50s/'60s, they lanced my eardrum at least 11 times over the years, with no pain relief to do it. This was before tubes were put in. Traumatized me enough that with the few infections I've had as an adult, the doc just puts me to sleep briefly in out-patient surgery. Yea, it's an easy pain-diminished office procedure these days, but not with this girl. The doc understands and doesn't want a bawling 67-year-old little girl on his hands.)
    Karen is pickling her collected olives. Pray for the cat that it gets more than olives to eat. "Tree droppings" sounds poopy. I used to call clothes and junk dropped around the house by my teenager son as "bird droppings" in order to get him to pick them up! Cheers, Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way ahead of you again. I'm taking a vacation in May to attend a 3-day Meditation Retreat. Clear my head. That's terrible about lancing eardrums with no pain relief.

      Delete
  3. My therapist tried to interpret my nightmares that I so often have back when I was seeing her and she had a heck of a time with me. lol

    I got the first Covid vaccine and had no side effects at all. Then at the beginning of the year I got Covid and was sick for a month. My daughter didn't get the vaccine and she was only sick when she got it for about 2 weeks. I decided not to get the booster. I can always change my mind and get it later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. We can always change our minds later. As for the dreams, tell me your next one and I'll see what I can do :-) I have an idea the twin beds and the lamp leaning on me has to do with Twin 2 and a worry I have about her. A worry that's somewhat wearing on me, weighting me down a little.

      Delete
  4. Well, if those dreams mean "you will doubt the sincerity and honor of someone you have dealings with," I'd be more inclined to think they point at Trainer and Catalyst spreading anti-vax BS. I'm not eligible for my 2nd booster yet but when I am -- I'll be there with bells on, rolling up my sleeve, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just to be clear, the Catalyst isn't anti-vax. He's had his shots and was just expressing that he'd had no side effects, except for the last. It is purely my choice, no outside influence, to opt out. Good luck with yours.

      Delete
  5. So a Covid booster is different than a yearly Flu shot (flu booster shot for that year)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Un huh, yes. Flu shot doesn't include Neuropathy.

      Delete
  6. I'm totally willing to get a second booster shot, but I think it might be wise to wait until this fall to do so. All these vaccines so close together seem kind of redundant to me. Plus, by the fall we'll know if any new variants are around and how they're playing out. I heard a great piece on NPR the other day about this very thing, waiting until the fall and seeing how things are going. Apparently continuing to get the same boosters so close together provides diminishing returns and it might be best to wait until (or if) another surge starts to see how things are playing out. But then, Covid rates are way, way down where I live. For the moment at least life is back to pre-pandemic normal, that's how low our numbers are. Local hospitals are reporting zero Covid patients for the first time since March 2020! :) So things may be different where you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds wise ... to wait, see how things are playing out. It may be the too close together that's causing the neuropathy.

      Delete
  7. There have been people who have had bad reactions to flu shots, but I've never been one. I've gotten them for decades. Same with the COVID vaccines. The second one did make me very sleepy the second day, but the other two were just fine. I'll get the 2nd booster in May, 6 months after the first. We each have to make our decisions, but working with children all these years, I know it's best to vaccinated.I even got a TB test this year, which I guess, if you don't work with children, isn't done for adults. I wanted to be safe. Same with all the vaccines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flu shot isn't really an option for me because I came down with the flu and sometimes bronchitis every single year until the shots became available.

      Delete
  8. I'm not afraid of any of the Vaccines, rarity if anyone gets complications from them but the complications from The Rona are pretty standard issue it seems. I still have long hauler symptoms from COVID, didn't have any long term effects from any Vaccine/Booster whatsoever. No matter what Variant, I never wanna experience The Rona again. The vax/booster kept me out of the Hospital and Morgue, but getting COVID was still brutal my Friend. I think you're being Wise. The Anti-Vax crowd are playing Russian Roulette and it's really odd someone whose really into Health would be so Anti-Science and preserving Health... but to each their own. This really did become a Pandemic of the Unvaccinated and they've suffered the worse case scenarios more than anyone Vaccinated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's odd how some of the unvaccinated are doing just fine while others with or without the vaccinations don't fare so well. At my age, I wasn't going to risk not getting vaxxed but, now that I am, just not so sure I need more than one booster. Time will tell.

      Delete
  9. I'm thinking covid vaccinations will eventually be like for the flu. Tweaked for the variant-of-the-day and offered annually. Who knows? I've had one booster, not in a rush for a second.
    Your lamp dream is intriguing. I think Karen was your intruder. Letting you know she's onto your lamp decoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an interesting take on the dream, but no. It's definitely family related.

      Delete
  10. Oh, dear. I did not mean to worry anyone off of taking the second booster shot. As I have told someone I have suffered from neuropathy for years. Sometimes it's bad, sometimes it's not. Whether the booster prompted an upsurge of it, I don't even know. And the next night all of that was gone (perhaps aided by a combo pill of acetominaphen and codeine) and I slept like a baby, pain-free. So please don't cancel your booster shots because of me. I've taken two and will take more if and when they are recommended by "The Science".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. Yours wasn't the only sign. I just don't feel right about this 2nd booster. At least not yet.

      Delete