Monday, May 21, 2018

That Preacher Tho

Home sweet home.
Leaving the complex for anything other than grab a water bottle, run a few local errands, hunt for Pokémon, is soooooo much trouble. Preparations taken to get to the Great Donut Run were no exception.


Not a road sign one sees every day. In fact, this is my first time having to keep an eye out for deer.
I made it to the hotel, no deer in sight – which residence type inn, except for no Starbucks and no daily maid service, turned out great.
The Great Donut Run was all flat land and the weather was a cool 62, conditions perfect for a successful race.
Successful it was, I finished feeling still energetic and strong in 1 hour 5 minutes.



This while simultaneously hunting Pokémon and stopping for photos.







Team Cops Love Donuts



Winner of Costume Contest

Homer Simpson Costume

Female Side of Family

So the Great Donut Run is off my bucket list.
Will I do it again?
Probably.
Will I do it again with family?
Probably not. We don’t seem to enjoy the same interests.
As for the Royal Wedding, I needn’t have worried about setting the DVR because there was so much coverage that I got to view the event multiple times during my stay. The wedding was magical, the dress fabulous and even though Harry, to my dismay and Margaret's approval, did not shave off the beard, I was all caught up in the magic. That is until that long-winded show-boating episcopal preacher from L.A. showed up and snapped me out of it.
It took flipping channels, until I saw he was done grandstanding and it was the choir bringing the magic back, for me to get back into the fantasy.
So 5K done, Royal Wedding done, it on to Memorial Day and what else ...... another potluck here at the complex.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I loved Bishop Curry. Loved his sermon enough to share it on various social media sites. More love, less anger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't stand watching his mannerisms long enough to listen, hear and get through the message.

      Delete
  2. Ah but Bishop Curry was da bomb!! I loved him and absolutely wanted to smack the rolled eyes of some of the royals. They all seem to have a stick up their arses. I found them rude while he spoke. I love that Meghan brought her flair to this.
    Great job on the run!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have wanted to smack me because I not only rolled my eyes, but began cursing at the screen for him to "Shut the F___ Up". Though I flipped channels without getting into what he was preaching about, I found the preaching thing to be inappropriate.

      Delete
  3. My doctor said with my bad knee, no running or jogging. I said not a problem.

    Sometimes you just have to holler at what's going on on the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun times, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete