Monday, May 28, 2018

Happy Memorial Day




Activity Director gave us seniors that chaotic Memorial Day Celebration last Tuesday, but the Residents Volunteer Activity Committee sent out smoke signals indicating show up today at 3:00 for a celebration on the date proper and bring a dish.
I so wanted to try gel dyed patriotic eggs that I agreed to put myself out there once again.


Red White and Blue Deviled Eggs

But if today goes south it will be three-strikes for the folks. First being I won’t return to exercise class again because of there being no class, after I’d arranged my schedule to attend. Second is I won’t be wasting my time with movie night again because it’s impossible to enjoy the film with residents chitchatting. If I don’t enjoy myself today, that will be three strikes and I’ll be benching myself to the couch in my unit, scrapbooking, needlepointing or out and about hunting Pokémon and participating in Virtual 5Ks, rather than hanging with the folks.
Shadow being such a pisser when Apache asked him to grill last week, has been bypassed and a female resident who manned the grill in the past for the committee will be handling the grill today.
Yesterday at the mall turned out okay. No crowds. I guess it depends on which mall one goes to.
The boutique lost the item I’d been charged for. That’s too bad because I was really looking forward to those skull print onesie pajamas and though the boutique reversed the charges, I probably won’t online ship to that location again.

No comments:

Post a Comment