Thursday, May 24, 2018

Dirty Trick

Already anxious for another 5K, because the weather is so perfect for one, I got all excited when I saw an email titled “Memorial Day Race Event hosted by Mark Christopher Auto Center”, figuring that if the auto center was hosting the event, it would be close by and a nice flat course on the streets of Ontario.
Opening up the email, this is what I found.


What a dirty trick. They’re selling cars.
At any rate, I’ve two virtuals coming up – The Running Dead and The Copper Bones Goonie 5K. That should quell my desire to stay active until another fun run comes along.
It took me more hours yesterday than it should have to get the new printer set up, but I managed it – all by myself and came away feeling quite the technical guru.
I ended up with the HP Envy 5055, and a toner replacement plan that doesn’t look like it will break the bank and for sure I’ll no longer have to run all over town looking for toner replacements in varying colors.
What now to do with the old printer. 
I saw a film on television the other night where a woman turned her printer into a flower pot.
I don’t have the space for that.
I can’t strap it to a rolling thing, get it downstairs and dump it by the dumpster, where items so left sometimes disappear rather quickly, sometimes do not and consequently piss off management, because management has recently put up cameras to catch those of us involved in “illegal dumping”.
So I guess I’ll have to hang onto it until the next “electronic recycling” event hits the area.
That still leaves me with $120 worth of toner in varying colors.
If management would allow the public to attend our rummage sales, I’m sure someone would snap them up and I could recoup some of the cost. But management says it’s a liability issue to allow the public in, so I don’t know, Salvation Army maybe?

2 comments:

  1. Does the community have a bulletin board where you could post information about the toner you want to get rid of? Or maybe post on Craigslist and meet the person at a public place for the transfer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have a bulletin board, but Craigslist sounds like a good idea.

      Delete