Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Babies R’Us

This morning started off with a bang. We had yet another earthquake – 4.5 around 4:30.
Funny thing is, it didn’t disturb my sleep.
The rocking rolling rumbling woke me up for a second, my mind registered “Oh ... earthquake”, next thing I knew I was waking up around 7:00, with no memory of having been awakened by a quake until I saw it posted by friends on Facebook.
Later, in the Community Room checking out Pizza Tuesday, quite a few of the residents were completely unware we’d even had an earthquake – it didn’t wake them at all.
Earthquakes in California, unstoppable Lava Flow in Hawaii ... the Universe is expressing how angry it is about what’s going on in the world.
After checking in with the folks in the Community Room, plan was to work on the Black Panther needlepoint. However, stopping by the mailbox I found the scrapbook paper had arrived four days sooner than expected.
That’s some good customer service right there and, anxious to get started on the Thanksgiving layout, when family was all together in Long Beach, I put needlepoint aside and got started.
From This

To This

I’m going to label this page “Gang’s All Here”.
I wish I could say this particular layout was my brainchild, but it was an idea presented to me by the seller as a way to use the paper, and was a much better layout than was in my head.
While in the Community Room earlier, topic of conversation was not only the earthquake and the pit bull, but also that two women living on the property are pregnant.
Yes, you read that correctly. This is a senior complex, but two babies are expected ... and not for the first time.
Some time ago we had a woman living here who, though she didn’t meet the age requirement, lived with an gentleman who did meet the requirement. We were all wondering how management was going to handle that ... would the couple be allowed to continue living here with a baby but, just when she looked to be about ready to deliver, she wasn’t pregnant any longer.
Can’t say for sure, but we think she delivered and put the baby up for adoption, followed by her husband taking a tumble on the streets, resulting in his being placed in a care facility. With her husband not able to return to this community, she could no longer remain a resident and moved in with her brother.
Now it’s the wife of Head Maintenance Guy who is expecting.
He already has a four-year old, a two/three-year old, now here comes baby No. 3.
Management will likely allow his little family to continue to live here.
The other woman expecting is a young lady who moved in two years ago to care for her elderly grandmother, who is losing her sight.
I respected that she’d put her life on hold to care for her grandma, but when I this morning wondered out loud what she would do, how she would jump-start her life again, if anything happened to grandma and the young lady would no longer be able to live here. I was told, “She’s looking for a job now because, haven’t you noticed ... she’s pregnant.”
Judge Judy’s book comes to mind ... “Smart Women, Stupid Choices”.
You live on your grandma’s couch, you have nothing of your own except what little money you get as her caregiver, you’re trying to look for a job without a car, and you’ve decided to complicate your life further with a baby.
And how did she get pregnant in a senior complex?
The visiting son of her upstairs neighbor.
Inasmuch as Head Maintenance Guy’s wife is expecting, and that family will not be required to skedaddle, we think the young lady and her baby will also be allowed to stay.
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we didn’t have a baby shower for both ladies.

2 comments:

  1. I thought senior complexes were just a continuation of the free love era. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I'm seeing lately, you very well may be right

      Delete