Sunday, May 6, 2018

Making it Right

Despite my weekend flow being interrupted by heading down to the non-existent exercise class, the weekend was productive.
At the craft store on Friday, I’d managed to find 64 of the 65 floss colors needed for the Black Panther needlepoint project and, by late Saturday night, I had the colors organized and ready to go.


On the way back to the complex, after the craft store, I saw that construction in the formerly vacant field adjacent to Sprouts was mostly completed, some shops and stores were open, including a new Stater Bros Market. So, I popped in for groceries, even located a new pokéstop a few doors down and alerted Facebook friends, who also shop at Stater’s and may also be disappointed in how the quality of fruits and veggies have gone down in the neighborhood store, that there’s a new option a few miles away.
I titled that post “If they build it, we will come ... and shop for groceries”.


In addition to organizing floss colors on Saturday, I took apart the needlepoint pillow I’d put together in a make-it-work moment back in early April.
Even though no one but I knew the corners on the decorative pillow were wonky from making the wrong product work, it bothered the perfectionist in me. I cringed every time I looked at the pillow. So, when at the craft store on Friday, seeing a wall of ribbons and cords, I looked through and found rope with a sewing edge to replace the rope with no sewing edge.


Having taken the pillow apart on Saturday, took me to time to put it back together this Sunday morning.

Before ... Wonky Corners

After ... Nice Rounded Corners

Then it was off to the University to collect Pokéballs – in the heat.
I had no idea there was an “excessive heat” warning out, until I was out in it. But I didn’t stay long. I managed 1.6 miles around the campus, collected 92 Pokéballs, 62 Great Balls, 19 Ultra Balls and hatched an egg.
Tomorrow I’m treating myself to a spa manicure/pedicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment