Friday, May 4, 2018

Happy Star Wars Day

And May the Fourth Be With You.
I'm the only nerd in the complex, so I doubt there will be any similar greetings making the rounds here today.
Yesterday, the third, was the day I finally got around to catching up on scrapbooking, and I was on a roll.
Creativity was flowing so that it took me no time to construct photos on the title page, minus the lettering. I then got last year’s Dinner/Dance and Halloween Costume Contest photos down on a couple pages, but hit a roadblock when I got to the many photos taken when I went to Long Beach for Thanksgiving. Problem was, I no longer liked the beach themed background paper purchased last year and had planned to use.
After considerable time looking at scrapbook paper online, I found a design that called my name, put in an order, but now I’m on hold until the 12th, which is when the paper arrives.
Hopefully I’m still in the mood for catching up on those photos by that time. Scrapbooking is that kind of craft. One has to be in the right frame of mind, go with the flow when layout ideas are clicking.
In the interim, it’s back to the needlepoint project, only I decided the new pattern is not challenging enough.
I’d been wondering for a while now if there might be a counted cross stitch pattern available based on the movie Black Panther, which movie I’ve not yet seen but plan to as soon as the DVD becomes available on May 8.
I Googled “Black Panther Cross Stitch Kit” and, lo and behold, this came up.


Now, this is what I call challenging.
Fortunately, it's a download, so I didn’t have to wait for a pattern to arrive. I’ve already printed it out, all 15 pages.



Whew! This looks to be a two-year project, maybe more. So, I'm off to the craft store today to pick up floss and get started ... that is as soon as the sun rises and the rest of the world catches up with me because, for some odd reason, I'm up at 3:15 in the morning, raring to get started on my day.
I’m feeling more positive that my buddy Apache will have a birthday party. It’s not going to be the huge event it should be, but for sure there will be cake and ice cream.
You will never guess who the woman who’d tried to palm the event off on me got to bake the cake ... Shadow.
He bakes?
I double checked with The Seer who assured me ... yes, he does. Among all the other things he "SAYS" he's done in the past, is to have a background in baking.
Inasmuch as Shadow is now involved, The Seer has suddenly become not "too busy" and has assured the woman that if Shadow reneighs, she’ll make sure a cake arrives – even if she has to purchase it herself.
I’m bringing ice cream.
Wish I knew what Apache’s favorite flavor is.
Maybe I’ll google the Orange Idiot in Chief’s favorite. Inasmuch as Apache likes everything about the guy, I’m sure Apache will like whatever flavor he likes as well. There is no such flavor as Liar Liar Pants on Fire, to depict all the lies the Orange Idiot keeps spouting. And from his wanting to put up a wall and his support of the Sheet People, I'm guessing the Orange Idiot prefers Vanilla, probably Cherry Vanilla to include his views on women. But I just had a thought -- Orange Ice Cream with Vanilla Swirl. Yes! That's the one. 

4 comments:

  1. I think you're pretty smitten with Apache. Special ice cream flavors? Oh, my.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Smitten" ... He Wishes. It's like a sister/brother thing between he and I, though I'm sure he'd prefer otherwise. I just like to give people what they like because, though I appreciate when someone does something for me, gives me a gift, if it's not what I want and they've not taken the time to learn what it is that I like, I feel let down.

      Delete
  2. My Son in law thinks May the Fourth should be national holiday. I said when you're retired every day in a holiday!

    ReplyDelete