Monday, October 30, 2023

T’was a Dark Cold and Windy Night

We dodged a bullet yesterday.

A high wind warning was in effect, which prompted the power company to issue a Public Safety Power Shutoff Alert that, to decrease risk of dangerous wildfires, they may have to shut off power.

The wind was so out-of-control last night, that I thought I’d awaken to find both Skelly and the patio rug blown halfway down the street.

Awoke to find, though Skelly managed to survive the onslaught — didn’t even lose his pirate hat and eye patch, the rug and cobwebs were seriously rearranged.

We made it through the evening and night without an outage; however, the high winds continue, so we’re still at risk of a shut off today and/or tomorrow.

My Little Stalker was true to her word promise threat and caught up with me yesterday afternoon.

She came in like the cops.

Hearing footsteps coming up the stairs, followed by knock knock knock, I opened the door whereupon she hugged me at the door, began looking around me, scanning the room. She then walked right past me and began looking around. Even walked down the hallway, peered into the bedroom.

Spotting the exercise ball, tucked under the kitchen table, she pulled it out and began rolling around on it, face down.

All the while, her GG the Talker was standing downstairs in the wind and cold, waiting for Little Stalker to say hello and come right back down.

Before she could get into anything else, I lured her out onto the patio ...... and no, not to push her over the railings, but to say hello to Skelly.


While she fiddled with and manhandled Skelly, GG Talker looked up and said Little Stalker had earlier attended a costume party dressed as, would you believe ……… Wednesday, and won a prize.

Obviously, folks at that party knew what time it was ─ were hip to what’s here and now.

Hearing her GG talking about her Wednesday costume, and having spotted my collection of Thing hands at some point during her initial cop search of the unit, Little Stalker ran back inside, grabbed one and struck a Wednesday pose.


Twin 2’s office party is either today or tomorrow and she too is dressing as Wednesday.

Great minds are thinking alike.

Inasmuch as Little Stalker appeared to be getting way too comfortable, no signs of leaving, I opened the bag of just-in-case I get a trick or treater candy I had on hand, put a handful in her hands and ushered her, seemingly against her will, out the door.

Whew! That visit was a lot.

Tomorrow is yet another bone management is tossing residents — Movie Night in the early afternoon.

Still no word on what the title of the movie is, but wouldn’t it be hilarious if it turns out to be Jenna Ortega’s Wednesday.

I won’t sit through whatever management is planning, but I will walk down to confirm what movie it is.

Lastly, I think I spotted the couple that might move into the vacant unit in my quad.

As we were having our Halloween party on Friday, I saw a couple filling out the paperwork in the lobby and later speaking with Assistant Manager.

Something just told me they were vying for evicted Smoker’s now vacant unit, so won’t be surprised to see it being they moving in soon.

18 comments:

  1. That little girl ...hmph, hmph, hmph. Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little now and looking to grow up to be somewhat of a terror.

      Delete
  2. Little Stalker is very cute and not very well trained. But I'm sure you're a lot more fun than her grandmother. Hold onto your broom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not trained at all .... period. She's totally spoiled and manipulative with her smiles and hugs.

      Delete
  3. I might have told the Little Stalker that the skeleton is all that remains of the last little girl who barged into my house. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that would have been a good way to handle her. Wish I were as quick thinking as you.

      Delete
  4. LOVE Bob's comment. Very good idea. Needs to be told and taught to ask to enter people's home and not go rummaging around! Just say "No" to that obnoxious kid. Well, it IS the end of the month, so most folks probably move around then. No scare the new neighbors too quickly! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love Bob's comment. I'll have to ask his advice as to how to stop Little Stalker from visiting at all, without getting on the bad side of her GG. Maybe I should post a sign to the door "Under Quarantine".

      Delete
  5. So funny that you, the Little Stalker and your daughter all chose to be Wednesday this Halloween! Great minds think alike indeed, as you said!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trainer's wife tells me she saw so many Wednesdays at parties she attended that she's over the character. Evidently, tons jumped on the bandwagon, but I bet I was the oldest Wednesday.

      Delete
  6. she looks like Wednesday from the most recent movie. I'll be by for some of that candy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably the only Wednesday she knows. Too young to have seen the original.

      Delete
  7. The wind was really bad here too. The pictures are really cute though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wind is still howling, but they just gave us the all clear insofar as an outage.

      Delete
  8. Lol about Little Stalkers visit...and not pushing her off the balcony 🤣 LMAO...she sure has taken a shine to you...Dawn the Bohemian

    ReplyDelete