Monday, October 23, 2023

Hold My Beer, Part 2

Well well well … race photos began trickling in yesterday.

I love it when folks keep their word.

Also true to the organizers’ words, the photos — usually priced at $19 for one photo and plus plus plus dollars for packages, are free to all who participated.

I don’t know how they can do that inasmuch as participation in the 25k, the 10k and 5k totaled over 6,000 participants, and I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop as I’m suspect of their generosity but, in the interim, I’ll take em.

It’s not a lot, just one or two as I’m leaving the start line, one along the course (I never saw the photographer) and an awesome looking poster, which I’m using as my official race photo on the side bar.


Looks like I'm approaching the turnaround.
Still looking strong, not sweating

Inasmuch as no additional photos have rolled in, and there’s nothing showing the finish line, I’m guessing that’s the gotcha — the other shoe. If we want more than the three provided for free, we’ll have to pay the standard regular over-priced cost.

I’m satisfied with what’s been provided.

Also true to word, to keep the Black cat from crossing my path, I did indeed walk backwards to the car yesterday, when heading out for the morning’s workout.

Walking up to the trunk of the car, I stood there and banged on the car to make noise so the Black cat would know to move if in the area. Then I walked backwards around to the passenger side door to load my gear; then walked around the car to the driver side, walked backwards to that door and didn’t care if any neighbors happened to spot my new ritual.

If anyone observing is so bold as to ask, I'll say "You don't want to know".

7 comments:

  1. Anyone who can still do a 5K need have no fear of a black cat and need not walk backward. (I'd not heard of that preventative.) Sweetie-Pie says "meow".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be surprised if other superstitious people don't do the same ... turn backwards to keep the 🐈‍⬛ from crossing path. Tell Sweetie-Pie to keep his/her distance.

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of turning backwards for a black cat but I'm not superstitious at all either. While I've never had a cat as a pet, I've had plenty of black hamsters and rats. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If this turning backwards is not widely known, maybe I should patent it as my own preventative method 🤔.

      Delete
  3. Way! To! Go! What an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on another finish. Have you got a total of all the Ks you've done? 5 + 5 + ?

    ReplyDelete