Saturday, June 4, 2022

Rockstar

I was a rockstar in the Pain Cave yesterday. I handled the hill training like a champ, sweated a lot but energy level was high and nothing hurt at end of session.

This morning’s booster shot has left me feeling a little lightheaded, a little slow, the arm feels heavy, so we’ll see how Monday’s training session goes.

Bingo that afternoon was pure torture, because the Baker made cake and pies for the break.

There was fresh baked Chocolate Cake, Apple Pie, Coconut Crème Pie and, my favorite ... Cherry Pie.



I didn’t have time for lunch between leaving the Pain Cave, making it down to the Community Room for Bingo, so I brought lunch with me to eat at the break.

So, while everyone was feasting on fresh baked pastries, I had to content myself with …………


Life just isn’t fair.

It was beginning to look like I’d not win a game this time around, but I got Bingo at Game 7 and opted for the Bling Nail Kit from the prize table.


One resident was using buttons to mark her cards.


Some very unique buttons in that jar of hers— it's a treasure, and I can already see Management tossing the jar in the trash when her time comes and they go in to clear her unit.

Now that high heels tight pants Manager No. 9 is gone and Corporate has sent one of their people to cover for the time being (let's call her 9-1/2), we’re getting our Monthly Activity Calendar on a timely basis.

I see Activity Director is hosting bingo this coming Tuesday.

That’s a free day for me, so I might go just to see how many show up.

Activity Director has also scheduled a "Welcome Summer Social" and a "Summer Craft" event .

So, with bingo on Friday and these other events, looks like we’re at long last getting back to somewhat normal up in here.

14 comments:

  1. SOOO glad you got your shot. You might be a bit dehydrated. Congrats on getting through your workout, and eating "cold hot dogs," (the carrots.) Different color buttons would drive me nuts on a bingo card. I need them the same, to better see if I have a winning pattern. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Cold hot dogs" ...LOL. I'll give you two points and a jump shot for that one.

      Delete
  2. The baker made all those treats herself to share? She is very generous and industrious, it must have cost her quite a bit in time and money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do the bingo cards get reused and that's why people don't use ink daubers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Cards have some kind of sealant on them and are reused.

      Delete
  4. 9-1/2 sounds like she knows what she is supposed to do. I used to play bingo. There was a bingo hall not far from my neighborhood. I think I'll look to see if there is a place near me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When someone from the head office (Corporate) is around staff gets nervous, things get done :-)

      Delete
  5. Sorry you had to miss out on the baked goods, but at least you got a prize for your efforts.
    " it's a treasure, and I can already see Management tossing the jar in the trash when her time comes..." - I chuckled a bit when I read this, but it's actually sad to notice things like that. Sad but true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me think twice about the items I'm holding onto. What seems precious to me will end up trash to dispose of, so I'm constantly trying to clear out, let go of things.

      Delete
  6. The buttons for Bingo markers is cute. Don't they notify relatives to clear out apartments when someone's time comes? A shame they just throw all possessions away like trash. Glad the Activities resumed... and no, Life ain't Fair or Bras wouldn't come in sizes. So, tho' you and I cannot partake of the baked goodies, we got the goods when it came to having bodacious tatas. *winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on who's in charge at the time someone dies. I think you might have missed the post that explains how some deaths have been handled (Twice Told Tale). If I'd been given the choice, I'd have settled on being flat chested in exchange for being able to eat what I want when I want :-)

      Delete
  7. Anyone who dines on carrots and olives DESERVES a piece of that wonderful looking Cherry Pie! For breakfast today I had a piece of Apple Crisp with whipped cream. I think when you get to be our age you can eat whatever you like whenever you like. Thems my views and I'm stickin' to 'em! :D

    ReplyDelete