Friday, June 3, 2022

I Love a Parade

Today started off well.

After a day of rest yesterday, I woke up this morning back to feeling fit and ready to seize the day.

Tuning into Good Morning America, I see the Queen’s Jubilee is getting good coverage and it’s nice to see Harry and Megan have been invited to the party.

Now that’s something I bet you readers across the pond never expected to see — Prince Harry and Megan in, Prince Andrew conspicuously absent.

A lot happening with Pride and the Queen’s Jubilee simultaneously going on.

No parades or festivities of any kind for any reason occurring anywhere near me, and I do love a parade, so I’ve plans to spend a few days in Long Beach, attend the Pride festivities and parade.

That’s a long way to go for a parade you might think, and I agree except the Mayor has asked Twin 1 — due to her, a hometown girl, being awarded CNN’s Hero of the Year, to be the Grand Marshall.


Because so few are wearing masks these days, with that event coming up — where I’m expecting to be surrounded by thousands, I figured I’d better get that last booster, so that’s on my schedule for tomorrow, which will give me time to recuperate if there’s a bad reaction.

Since I’m physically back up to snuff, I expect Trainer will have me on incline this morning.

I hope it doesn’t wear me out like it did on Monday because I want to be able to make it to this afternoon’s bingo session — not for purposes of reconnaissance, not for info gathering, but because I’m actually beginning to enjoy the camaraderie.

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Twin 1 Grand Marshall! I'd say that's worth the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your daughter- a well earned recognition. Enjoy the parade and fingers crossed you have no reaction to the booster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping for no reaction tomorrow or the days after.

      Delete
  3. Congrats to your daughter Twin 1 on being CNN's Hero of the Year and on being Grand Marshall of Grand Beach's Pride Parade! Both are well deserved, judging from the online reporting about her stellar contributions to the homeless community!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She went into this work with no expectations, so I'm happy for her that she's being rewarded thusly. It does, however, increase my anxiety level because it's not safe work to begin with and being so visible now makes it even more not safe.

      Delete
  4. Yay for your Lovely Daughter being the Grand Marshall of the Parade and I'm glad you're attending... and getting all Boosted Up in order to be safest while doing it. I think Harry and Meghan did best for themselves and their precious Children and regardless of how anyone feels about it, I'm Happy for them doing what they felt was best for themselves and the protection of their Children from what they were going to have to endure. I don't think being Royalty is probably an easy Life, a privileged one to be sure, but certainly with restrictions most of us would want to not have to deal with for a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking back on all the difficulties Princess Diana and Fergie had with that system, no doubt it was worse for Megan being as how she's half Black. She pretty much had to get out, in order to survive, take her husband with her.

      Delete
  5. OMG! Camaderie at Bingo! Now I think you're getting old BaB. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you get to ride in the car with Twin 1? Glad you're getting your next booster; that's good for everyone. Pretty sure Andrew didn't catch covid; maybe something else though. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Andrew .. maybe something else" had me rolling. I get all access, but told her I'd hang with her a little, but mostly wanted to be with the regular folks watching the parade so I can get pics of her and others.

      Delete
  7. I've never been interested in the royals, the queen or any of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been fascinated by the royals ever since I read about Edward giving up his throne for Wallis Simpson "The Woman he Loved".

      Delete