Wednesday, June 1, 2022

BLT Socks

So tired this morning that I came thisclose to calling in to call out of this morning’s workout.

Monday set the tone for how exhausting this week has been thus far.

In preparation for the 2022 Mission Inn 5K — the race with the rocky terrain and three/four steep hills, Trainer has me doing incline on the treadmill.

I have to be ready, it’s something I have to do, but OMG is it draining.

This hill training, now in its second week, wears me out every time but really really kicked my butt on Monday. I left the Pain Cave with lower back and knee pain, very much in need of a chiropractic reset.

After giving myself a full body stretch by lying spread eagle flat on my back on the floor, and an Epsom salt soak in the tub, I survived Monday.

Feeling I had insufficient juice in my body to face another tough one today, I pushed through the desire to cancel this morning's workout, kept my scheduled appointment and, when I told Trainer how close I’d come to calling off, he took pity on me and kept the lifts on low weights and the treadmill slow, no incline.

Came out feeling a lot better than when I walked in.

Trainer had me laughing when he said, "You’re wearing BLT socks".

I don’t know if I ever mentioned, but Trainer is dysleptic.

I don’t know if it’s his dysleptia talking or the fact that he’s a stubborn Taurus the Bull but, even though I’ve pointed out that BLT is a sandwich, he vocalizes LGBTQ as BLT — no disrespect intended I'm sure, it’s just how he phrases it.

At any rate, the BLT socks Trainer was referring to are anklets I recently purchased from the Bombas Pride Collection.


Got 'em just in time to celebrate Pride month with the LGBTQ community.

Bombas has several styles and designs. I chose two anklet designs from the collection.


So, anyway, tomorrow is a well-needed rest day and then, on Friday, hopefully I’ll be back up to incline training.

I managed last night to put in some time researching the two names detailed on the inside of Bonita’s album — Gabriel born January 16, 1998, and Seth, born March 11, 1999.

Figuring the boys, appearing to be brothers, would be in their early 20’s, I managed to locate a facebook page for a Seth and knew I was on the right trail when I saw his list of friends included a Gabriel — the other name on the album.

I sent a message to Seth, but don’t expect anything to come from it because his page hasn't been updated since 2013.

Further internet research led me to personal information about the two boys. I chose to stay along the trail of Seth. If nothing comes from that trail, I'll go back and research Gabriel.

Seth has a wedding site. He got married on May 28, 2021.

From there, I ended up with an address for him in Idaho.

No way of knowing whether the address is current but, thinking that if I sent a letter, the post office would forward to an updated address, I put a letter together last night, dropped in this morning's outgoing mail — my information, circumstances of the contact, photocopy of some of the pictures and asked his help in putting me in contact with a family member that would like the photos forwarded to them.

If Seth doesn’t respond or if the letter can’t be forwarded to his current address and is returned to me, I’ll backtrack, pick up Gabriel's trail, maybe Seth's new wife or someone else mentioned in the pile of photos and letters.

14 comments:

  1. I love those socks... after I got over my disappointment that they weren’t really of a BLT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have amazing perseverance and dedication to your exercise workouts and training. About a million times more than I would have! P.S. love your BLT socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I'm down, I always feel a little better after getting the blood flowing in a training session, so that motivates me to keep going. I love my BLT socks too, they make me smile.

      Delete
  3. You may be tired girl, but your always stylin' Love those socks too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last comment failed but trying again. I love that you are getting somewhere with this research!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Success. Your comment made it through. Wonder what's the problem with Blogger and yes, it appears I am getting somewhere.

      Delete
  5. I thought your socks would have some donut and salad photos. Cool BLT socks, how goofy Mr. Trainer is with his abbreviation. The photo album mystery continues! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a BLT but not on my feet, so I was happy to see The Rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BLT on your feet and animals would be nipping at your toes.

      Delete
  7. I saw your title and thought I'd see sandwich socks!
    "Came out feeling a lot better than when I walked in" - glad your persistence paid off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learned it's important to at least do some kind of movement, even when I don't want to move at all. Otherwise, I'd just wallow in my misery. Believe it or not, it never occurred to me the title would lead folks to expect lettuce, tomatoes, bacon or a facsimile thereof on my feet :-)

      Delete