Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Star War Day


Nothing special going on to commemorate the day, at least not around here.

There was something special going on yesterday, but us residents didn't find out about it until after the fact.

Activity Director had arranged for a Mother’s Day Social — lunch and gift bags, 11:30 – 12:45. ONLY us residents didn’t find out about it until the Activity Calendar was posted to our doors 3:30.

Consequently, if anyone showed up it would have been dumb luck that brought them to the Community Room OR they went down for the weekly Pizza Day (donated pizzas from Pizza Hut) and lucked up on the Mother's Day thing.

Oh well but, second time in a row, I can imagine Activity Director is at the point of pulling out her hair that she prepares the calendar in advance, but No. 9 can’t get it distributed on time.

They tack on $50 as punishment for submitting rent checks late. There should be some kind of penalty for posting the calendar late.

Other than that, there's nothing else on the calendar, except Activity Director's short bingo session, which I see is not weekly, but once a month.

I suppose the hours long weekly bingo session being run by the residents is still going on, but Activity Director isn't promoting it on her calendar.

Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo, which used to be huge around here .... tons of tamales, but looks to be just another nothing day.

On another note, there was an interesting message left on my phone yesterday.

It was the office manager from the dental practice I left in my rear view wanting to talk to me about the note I attached to that supplemental payment asking to be removed from their patient list.

What's to talk about?

You can't tell me the dentists are not lying to patients, encouraging expensive unnecessary dental work, because I've not only read about it but experienced it for myself. So nope, don't hold your breath waiting for a return call from me.

Read the Yelp and Google reviews. If that doesn't clear things up, then there's nothing more I can say that wasn't included in the note to make it any clearer.

The new CAPTCHA algorism that’s sending non-spam comment to spam in Blogger has hit Instagram. My Instagram account has been suspended until I appeal and prove I’m over 13 years of age.

Oh well, one less social media platform distraction, more time for needlepoint.

6 comments:

  1. How long do you have to wait until you’re over 13?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I find out, I'll let you know but, for now, I'm enjoying being mistaken for a kid :-)

      Delete
  2. Tell Instagram you do needlepoint -- that will prove you're over 13 years of age, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice try, but I don't think they'll buy it since there are needlepoint kits for kids. :-)

      Delete
  3. Social media is a distraction. That is true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just have to do one of those face-changing photos and pick a young kid and put your face on it, and send it to them. They'll probably think you're over 13 even with that! Do you know any Russians or Nazis? Did they ban you from the site? What a bizarre world. Happy Mom's Day (ok, Sunday,) from those of us that love your concerns about us! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete