Sunday, May 15, 2022

My Two Cents

Candy Crush Saga disappeared late Friday night. Facebook is no longer supporting the game on its platform. They dropped Alpha Betty Saga a few months ago, and now Candy Crush. Seems I’ll have a lot more time for reading books now.

PokémonGo has been a bust since September — no interesting new pokémon and a change that, in order to perform some of the functions in the game, the user has to give permission to link to the contacts in our phone — which of course I declined.

There’s still Tik Tok but, with no games with which to waste hours and hours, more time is now freed up for reflection and reading.

On Friday, Trainer and I were discussing the Depp-Heard trial.

He, like most, thinks Amber is a wackadoodle and Johnny is going to win.

I haven’t been watching the trial on Court TV because I just knew it would trigger my own past trauma but, what with clips of the trial on Tik Tok, Twitter and in the news, it’s hard to ignore the proceedings completely. So I'm familiar with some of the details, and Trainer turned me onto a tidbit I’d not come across — having to do with a text, read at trial, that Johnny wrote in response to a text from Amber that ended with his saying, "I have other uses for your throat which does not include injury".

Well, that peaked my curiosity so I researched the statement on TikTok and found women volunteering — shouting for Johnny to "Pick Me! Pick Me!".

Can’t say I blame them. Johnny is ruggedly handsome, charming, described by one news pendant as an "Aging Icon Idol" and better-looking IMO than his pretty boy 21 Jump Street Days.

At any rate, it didn’t take long for the words of that text to explode into a cottage industry offering of tee shirts, sweat shirts, drinking glasses.



Not to mention a coffee mug I’m tempted to purchase.


Only thing stopping me from purchasing is my distrust of the site offering it.

Last time I ordered an item off that site from a vendor in Missouri, two $1500 unauthorized charges showed up on my card from some fictitious company in, guess where ..... Missouri. So, much as I want that coffee mug, I’ll wait until it’s offered elsewhere.

As expected, what little of the trial I’d previously heard, plus other things I’d had on my mind, did trigger me. I took a trip down the rabbit hole for a while there into a blue funk, but I’m back from that place — without letting on to you guys I’d even gone there.

So now that I’ve processed what I had to process, my two cents is — Johnny is a bad boy, no doubt about it. A ruggedly handsome sexy charming bad boy. I was and still am a fan.

As for my thoughts on his being an abuser, I won’t say other than to speak from experience as to how charming and believable I know an abuser can be.

They are all skilled actors, these men who get off on abusing. They are skilled at playing whichever role the occasion requires when out in public, and with friends, coworkers, family members.

It’s just so easy for them to charm people into not seeing beyond whichever role they're presenting, which mask they're wearing at any given time.

Just sayin.

14 comments:

  1. Well, that will free you up for more ReFacing now!!!!

    You have had some good ones girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where at in Missouri? Maybe I can pay them a visit. Payback for the jerks in New Jersey that stole $100 from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go get 'em. Even though I wasn't charged for the fraud, somebody needs to hunt 'em down so they won't do it again.

      Delete
    2. I'm only Forty Bucks out on an Online Sales Scam for something I should have known was too good to be True... won't be Suckered again. Kept bugging them via E-Mails and oddly they kept responding as if they were still legit... never got what I ordered tho', never will, just messing with them at this point for my own devilish amusement.

      Delete
  3. I find them both to be terrible people who happened upon one another and now they want to blame everyone but themselves for their awful lack of humanity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What Shirley said... tho' I do feel for their Child having her Parents become such a Spectacle like this.

      Delete
  4. I'm with you about the Trial being too much of a Trigger, for me at least, but The Young Prince and his Partner are REALLY into it and are Team Johnny, thinking his Ex is a Psycho. My assessment mirrors yours, I'm a Fan of the ACTOR that he is and how Handsome and Charismatic a Persona he exudes to his Public/Adoring Fans. Yet, from what little I've heard/seen, beyond Bad Boy, he reminds me too much of my Ex in all the same ways... charismatic, Handsome, intelligent, talented and yet a dangerous person to be joined with in a relationship. That saying, tho' Trending, reveals much about him and his views on Women in general, feeling he can get away with much... and he probably will... what he read in Court when I watched just a smidgen of the Trial, was pretty disturbing from a standpoint of someone whose processed many a DV and Homicide File... I would not Trust him not to escalate to a very bad place and go the way of some other Celebs who eventually went too far... and we all know the infamous Cases now, whether they Won or Lost at Trial, someone ended up Dead and Justice wasn't always on the side of the Victims. His Ex may be a total Basket Case, it would still not excuse abusing her or threatening her in disturbing ways in order to shut her up. I think he's utilizing her Mental Instability in his favor, which personally, I know Court Systems and Public Opinion tend to not protect the Mentally Ill from being Victimized and that does piss me off and is a Trigger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the mere fact that this has become a big deal trial will deter escalation in future. He can deny deny deny but knows and realizes he can't risk DV charges coming up again.

      Delete
  5. PS: Have to add this... sadly, too many Women would say PICK ME PICK ME, until, it IS them. Be Careful for what they ask for, they may just get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantasizing is great. However, IMO, it rarely if ever turns out in real life to be as good as the fantasy ... if you know what I mean.

      Delete
  6. I don't like much of anything about Depp; haven't knowingly seen his movies. So, I'm actually really ignoring the newsy stuff about the trial. What pieces I've caught in news headlines, it seems like a bizarre marriage. Hang in there folks! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The news showed easily 100 people lined up outside the courthouse to get in, witness the trial in person. And people are lined up on the roadway, like parade formation, to wave and holler at him as he's being driven away from the courthouse. It's ridiculous.

      Delete