Monday, May 2, 2022

Rigged from the Start

In deference to my readers across the pond — whom I’ve discovered won’t see tonight’s Spring Baking Championship Finale until next week, I won’t divulge any details, other than to say I’m shook and the whole season was rigged from the start … but not in the way us fans on Twitter, Reddit and Facebook had thought.

And yes, if after seeing this episode you're wondering, crossing chopsticks is considered bad luck.

This week started off with, once again, big changes at the Pain Cave.

Needing more space to accommodate his growing group classes, Trainer was talking about knocking down the wall to the room where us personal training clients do one-on-ones.

Sure enough, walking in this morning, I saw the wall had indeed come tumbling down.

The room previously ending at the wall has swallowed up the space behind where the wall used to be and is now larger, while the warmup station, i.e., the treadmill, has been moved back to a previous location — front room up against the feng shui Health wall, in the New Knowledge corner.


My face is to the wall, when the wall should be behind me, but since this is like the 8th or 9th time the treadmill has moved in the last three years and undoubtedly won’t be the last, I’m not gonna make an issue of it.

At least I know the next time the treadmill moves, it won't be returning to the back room, because there is no longer a room there.

I keep telling trainer that, if he wants to get rid of the treadmill, since I’m the only client that uses it, I can do other things in-between sets, to keep my heartrate up — like jump rope.

I can’t do the jump jump jump the younger folks do, but I can jump pause jump pause jump pause my way through. LOL.

No Activity Calendar posted to the door when I returned to the complex, so no idea what if any craft classes are arranged for us tomorrow.

I could just go to the Community Room to check tomorrow, but probably won’t leave the unit.

My buddy Apache was on the property this afternoon, and stopped by to fill me in on the latest.

He says Community Manager No. 9, whom I’ve still not seen nor met, is the little cutesy type. Wears high heels, tight pants, much like former manager Nurse Ratched did.

I imagine those aren’t his words, but what he’s being told by residents and explains a lot as to why we’re not getting calendars in a timely manner and why the lawns are allowed to go brown.

If she’s the type that thinks she’s cute, is full of herself like Nurse Ratched, we’re in for another bumpy ride.

Apache also informed me that the Helpful Little Lady is, as I expected, not happy living with her son and his family. Other residents had already informed me of as much, saying she calls old friends here on the property late at night/early mornings (2:30 a.m. even) saying she can’t sleep, misses everyone.

Those friends have encouraged her to move back, but she says her doctor won’t let her.

I can’t but wonder if her son has convinced the doctor to pay more attention to what he (the son) wants for her — so he can continue to collect caregiver money, rather than what she wants for herself.

As for what Apache had been up to, he said he was just dropping someone off after having taken her to get her driver’s license.

"WHAT!?" said I. "I’ve seen her driving for as long as I’ve lived here. Do you mean to tell me she was driving without a license?"

That was exactly what he was telling me and furthermore she was getting a license today because she’d had an accident ...... and fled.

"That’s hit and run" said I.

"The accident wasn’t her fault" said he. "No one was hurt, she didn’t have a license, so she fled".

"Still hit and run", said I. "She’s likely to get herself arrested".

"It’s been two weeks and nothing yet" said he.

WOW!

Just WOW!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the No Spoilers on the Spring Baking Championship! Now I'm even MORE curious about what the end result will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow indeed on the hit and run Granny! As for the Spring Baking Championships, I was saddened when a certain contestant walked out, I felt he could have taken the Prize. I think it's always touchy when they have contestants doing a Beloved Family Recipe and then become critical about it, since it's more than a Recipe, it's insulting to their Family and it's time honored and Beloved Tradition. Yes, the crossed chopsticks thing... I think I've heard that before and I never see an Asian person crossing theirs, so it was unusual that he did, not knowing the superstition. The Judges have been nitpicky about trifles, as if they have to find something wrong even if there's not much to pick apart, that always bothers me. I haven't seen the Finale here tho', just whose going on into it... so Thanks for no Spoiler alert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the judges being especially nitpicky this season was part of the plan. As was that over the top mmmms and ahhhhs over the chocolate cake. Fake!

      Delete