Tuesday, December 7, 2021

The Saga Continues and Update

Tire Pressure Monitor indicated the rear problem tire was so low that, heading to the Pain Cave for Monday’s workout, I thought I was going to have to stop at the gas station, pump air, in order to make it to the tire place after.

THEN, back in the car after working out, I surmised there was just enough air to drive to the tire place, without stopping at the gas station, so I headed in that direction.

Along the way, I observed the monitor change tires from low psi to high to normal, back to high psi. That’s when it dawned on me …. Problem is not the tires, but the car’s monitor. So, I called the tire place, cancelled the appointment and, since I was in the area, I pivoted to Sprouts.

Once back at the complex, I check the car's manual and learned the monitor was to have fixed itself 20 minutes after the kid at the tire place had inserted air.

It didn't, so thinking the fix is something minor and quick, my next thought was to pop into the dealership sometime today, ask them to handle it.

After seeing Country Cottage's comment last night, it occurred to me to research the car's monitor on the internet. I think I found a solution, but it's going to take locating a particular button, then driving 20 minutes, which gives me an excuse to head for the mall today — replenish makeup items, check out Christmas displays, pop into See's Candies.

While at Sprouts, I picked up a lil somethin somethin for Saturday — National Gingerbread Decorating Day (Note: One publication says Saturday the 11th , another Sunday the 12th).


The house is pre-built. All I have to do is decorate, which is right up my alley, because the build part has always been my Achilles Heel.

The young cashier said the Nike Store in Pasadena was giving this self-same kit "away for free, but you have to buy something, which makes it not exactly free".

Nice, if you're a Nike wearing fan, there in-store to make a purchase.

Because my injection site was a little puffy yesterday, Trainer took it easy on me with just working out with resistance bands.

However, he said he’s moving me up to the barbells on Wednesday — the long poles that have circular weights on both ends.

That should be interesting AND challenging.

Trainer said his reason for doing so is not just because he thinks I’m ready, but because he has a younger client that puts on a dramatic show when working out on the barbell. He said she only lifts halfway and grunts/groans/grimaces while doing so.

He wants to videotape me lifting, so he can shame her — say, “If Shirley can do this so can you”.

I said, “What if I find it so hard that I grunt/groan/grimace too?”

Without skipping a beat, Trainer said “You’d better shut that sh!t down until after I get done taking the video”. LOL.

I’ll see if I can get a copy of his video, so you can see how I do.

Update to the post on Veteran’s Day that one of our vets was missing — a nice old guy that I’d usually see out and about walking his German Shepherd.

Running into the Baker yesterday, I mentioned I'd not seen him in a long time and learned he’d been evicted.

Not because he’d done anything wrong or couldn’t pay rent, but because the invalid woman he lived with — whom we all thought was his wife, was not his wife.

The two were not married and, when she passed away (which I didn’t know she’d passed) with her name being the only named qualifier on the lease, he was asked to move.

So sad, such a nice guy, sorry to hear that happened to him AND, as for why he was not able to remain by getting a lease qualified in his own name, I do not know.

Moral of this story is … He shoulda put a ring on it.

Absolute very last chance. Voting ends 7PM this evening.


10 comments:

  1. I had a similar problem with my second Mazada. The tire gauge light would come on. Once air was inserted it was to go off but did, but then with a one it would be back on again. The dealership lte found it is was just a faulty monitor, no worries but not worth relacing money wise. Every time I was in for service, they always put air in anymore and my tires were always good. And one can see if they look low.

    I did a ginerhouse once. They are fun, Can't wait to see yours.

    I wonder how you daughter is doing? I try to remember to vote daily and have told several friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get your expectations too high on my gingerbread house because, though I've tried to make one annually last few years, they don't come out newsworthy. That's so sweet that you told several friends to vote. Thank YOU and thank THEM.

      Delete
  2. Yes, some Common Law Arrangements don't work out well when one Partner passes, because Legally it can and often does get complicated. I do worry about that with my Brother, he and his Lady have been together almost as long as The Man and I but never Married. Mostly because of his Medical Bills being prohibitive and he would not have Qualified for what he needs if her Income had been considered and it would have surely Bankrupted her, which had to be considered too. But, their Home and everything is Legally hers and if she were to go first, he'd be like that Old Vet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Medical bills, and her qualifying for whatever assistance she received by virtue of her being an invalid, was probably why they didn't marry, but tough consequences. I can understand why some people hide the body and keep going as normal.

      Delete
    2. LOL, jeepers: if your gingerbread house comes with a gingerbread man, please don't hide it and keep going as normal.....

      I was just given a nicer car from my son. The buttons, bells, and whistles are overwhelming. I read how to add air to the tires with their fancy monitoring valve caps. I must study it. Car on, off, put air in until I hear a chime. Wait. or Restart. That's too complicated for a simple task. No wonder a kid may not have added air correctly. For now, I'll monitor with my eyeballs, and feel of the road. Voted when I woke up this morning. (Tried again, but it wouldn't let me....) Linda in Kansas

      Delete
    3. "just given a nicer car from my son" ... WOW. Nice son to have. It's wonderful how Twin 1 is getting votes from all over the country thanks to my little blog :-)

      Delete
  3. Hey, have fun with that gingerbread house! I'm looking forward to seeing the end result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, LOL, because I've no idea what I'm gonna do. Won't equal the creative houses I've seen on your blog.

      Delete
  4. Still haven't gotten my Booster. With my car on the blink, I didn't figure I would chance driving across town. Then I would have two pains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the car. Hopefully, it's fixed soon so you can get that booster.

      Delete