Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Patio Wars

The Tyrant’s little patio competition has turned into an all-out war, with what looks to me like residents actively trying to outdo one another.

More and more decorated patios are popping up, some with quite elaborate displays.

I don’t know how the Tyrant is going to decide on just three and in what ranking.

With so much stiff competition, I may not win after all, especially since mine is the same same residents are accustomed to seeing on my patio for the last nine years.

I won't care if I don't win, because I'm not in it for the competition, except my petty plan to ignore the Tyrant's call to say I'm a winner would be foiled.

Looking out the window last night, I saw downstairs patio corner unit across the quad (resident who'd set up the red-light district Christmas window) has added a lot more stuff.

Her patio now looks like Santa and a Snowman are rocking it out at a 70’s disco club.


Only thing missing is a stripper pole in the center of the display, with an Elf working the pole.

Big Linda, the Navy Vet who tries to control everyone, everything, and the neighborhood, has added to the lone deer I saw on her patio last week.


The little lady, on the back side of my building, a few days ago put up what looked to me like a praying angel.


Coming around that corner yesterday, heading for the mail center, I see the angel has deflated.


A fallen angel perhaps.

My former friend, The Seer, has snowflakes on her patio.


Thing is ... I gave her those snowflakes.

They used to be a part of the display I put up before I moved here.

Setting up a display the first year I lived here, deciding to go gift boxes, no longer needing the snowflakes, I passed them on to her.

Ha! The lights lasted longer than our friendship and serve as a reminder to her of how poorly she treated me, and others, after hooking up with her Shadow.

The two of them are now splitsville as well, and the old friends she dissed are not interested in a reconciliation.

I sometimes see her standing out on her patio, alone, looking out, stewing in her own soup.

I don’t know who lives in this unit, but I thought the idea of Christmas Stockings was super cute.


I made it around to the resident that won Halloween, with her skeleton, creepy doll, etc.


Not bad.

Curious to see if she’d decorated her boyfriend’s patio for Christmas, as she'd done for Halloween (which won him 3rd Place), I took the long way around when driving back into the gate after yesterday’s trip to reset the monitor.

Couldn’t take a photo, because she was actually out on his patio, in the process of decorating.

I’ll have to walk over that way later today or tomorrow, to snap a photo of the boyfriend’s patio, and the Baker’s patio, which I spied decorations on as I drove by.

Resetting the tire monitor was a ridiculously easy fix. Unfortunately, I can’t take credit because it wasn’t fixed by me.

Not able to find the button under the steering wheel, instead of heading for the mall, I drove the opposite direction to a dealership. 

Took all of 5 seconds for an agent to show me where the button was, and then he quickly pointed out other features I’ve not bothered to learn how to use in the three years I’ve owned the jeep.

It was too much information coming at me. My mind doesn’t absorb those kinds of fancy automotive bells and whistles, especially when the how to is coming at me fast. So, I left the dealership happy to have the monitor fixed, but with a headache.

Having lost interest in driving to the mall to replenish makeup items, check out Christmas displays, pop into See's Candies, I decided to have the needed items delivered, and instead headed for the big craft store in the area of that mall. After which, there was a quick stop to pick up lunch.


The usual Older Ladies of See's, normally seen behind the counter, had been replaced with two young guys.

Didn't hurt having candy for the sugar cravings and candy for the eyes.

Voting for Twin 1 is a done deal.

HUGE THANKS to everyone who voted.

Results are to be announced on CNN, Sunday, December 12, 8PM.


You readers will probably know the results before I will, because I’ll be taping the CNN Special for fast forwarding though at a later time, as I'll be watching the Food Network’s Christmas Baking competition.

14 comments:

  1. "automotive bells and whistles"
    I know what you mean. Cars are more complicated than a computer these days. And we just got a new TV. Again, more complicated than a computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya. They need to give on-line or in person classes on all the features of cars and televisions, work us through slowly, over time.

      Delete
  2. Gosh, a 5 second fix is better than a flat tire! I loved easy-to-repair VWs, until they put a stupid computer part under the back seat.

    It appears "Red-light District" is really gonna win: Lights are twinkling on the porch ceiling. But Tyrant may be prone to seizures from such lights, which would cancel the win chances. Have fun! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely better than a flat tire, and it was more like a split second rather than 5. LOL. I've decided "Red-Light District" is how I'll identify that resident in the blog and, for sure, she's in it to win it and probably will.

      Delete
  3. Wow! People go all out decorating their balconies there! Some people here put up lights. I put up nothing. Guess I'm just a Scrooge that way, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always do a display because it reminds me of Christmas when I was a kid and mom would take us downtown to see displays in store windows. Other residents generally don't go all out. Instead, they come look at mine. LOL. This year, however, there's a patio decorating contest. That spurred more decorated patios then I've ever seen since moving in 9 years ago.

      Delete
  4. Boy...the neighborhood has gone plum nuts with decorating!!!!!

    I hope both you and your daughter come out victors!!! Im off the vote again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With no activities, patio decorating has become it. LOL. You have good intentions with heading off to vote, but voting ended yesterday. It's all about the results now.

      Delete
  5. I love the patios. Some of y'all go all out.

    Glad you found the "button," and that it was so simple. I hate it when cars are smarter than me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are not alone. Smart cars, smart televisions are a pain in the arse for many over the age of 21. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving all the patio displays. Why is it that the tyrant has the only vote?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's far too lazy to walk around (and too afraid to be seen outside because residents approach, complain about lack of service; whereupon he lies, then walks away fast), checking out patios. My guess is the maintenance guys probably tell him where THEY saw something worth his looking at, then he goes to check those few out, takes photos, decides which. I'm not sure, but he may show his Assistant Manager the photos he's taken of the ones being considered, ask her opinion, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

      Delete
  8. I didn't decorate the patio this year but feel satisfied with the small amount I placed inside for decoration. It feels jolly enough for me. I think it is lovely that so many have jumped on the contest bandwagon. I think it is fun to see, probably left over from the days of driving around to look at Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS nice to see so many making an effort at jollying things up.

      Delete