Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Holiday Cookies

That was some rain storm we had yesterday. Today, the sun was shining, it was dry outside. It was almost as that all day, half the night rain never happened.

I for one was happy it happened on a non-training day, so I didn’t have to swim to the Pain Cave.

Heading out for this morning’s workout, I saw gone was the paper the resident I've dubbed Red Light District (RLD) had wrapped around the two patio doors to resemble Christmas packages.

Inasmuch as paper and water doesn't mix, it was probably necessary to remove the watered-down mess after the storm, but she’s soooo obsessive. Always fiddling around with the decorations on the patio.

With so many interesting patios for the Tyrant to choose winners from, RLD hasn’t a prayer of winning, so all this obsessing is a waste of energy.

Driving out of the complex, taking the long way around to see if the patio with the Christmas Tree has been unveiled, I saw it’s still covered with tarp. Which begs the question … why bother?

You go to the trouble of hauling all that stuff out, but then don’t get to look at and enjoy your handiwork, nor do you allow others to enjoy.

The contest ends in two days on the 17th, so my guess is the display will be unveiled just for the purpose of the Tyrant seeing and judging on that day.

Warm and cozy inside yesterday, I got started on the pre-built ready-to-decorate gingerbread house.

I worked on it a little before I headed out to the Pain Cave this morning, and completed when I returned.

Front and Side

Back

I’m happy with the results.

It’s an improvement over my past attempts at decorating gingerbread.

That done, it being chilly inside, I thought it would be nice to warm the place up this afternoon by baking some gluten-free cookies — and you can thank Mistress Maddie for how that turned out.

Mistress Maddie was the one that got me hooked on Reface, where I spend time swapping my face — like the time I made myself, to name a few ……….


Mona Lisa

Girl with the Pearl Earring

Nefertiti

Medusa

AND .... 


This time, Mistress Maddie got me hooked by the hilarious photo of a snow person called a “frostitute”.

So, I challenged myself to recreate that in cookie form.

So far so good, except that one cookie on the left looks like her implant surgery went a little off center.


Cooled and decorated (Decorated poorly. Would have been easier to decorate had I flattened them a bit).



It’s a good thing we’re not back to having Cookie Swaps yet, because I’d have gotten myself banned from the Community Room.

15 comments:

  1. LOL LOL! You're pretty good with that thin icing tip. The light blue icicles are cool. How can you go from the sweet grandma making all of those quilts and blankets to the rowdy baker producing racy cookies? Well, not all of us have an even, perfectly matched pair. Reminds me of a cake I made once...Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd be surprised at how many sides there are to me. Tell me about that cake.

      Delete
    2. Popular in the '80s: woman's torso cake for rowdy hubby's birthday, anatomically correct hourglass cake, with lovely breasts, navel and toasted coconut "triangle" a tad lower....above the thighs; set with candles in the "triangle." Makes a fire! Linda in flaming Kansas

      Delete
  2. I love the cookies! Your humorous side is showing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on the gingerbread house! Maybe a few Frostitutes should hang out around front though -- that would get some double-takes!

    And your Reface photos are great! I especially like your Mona Lisa. And you make a cool 007!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too thought I made a cool 007, but Twin 1 and granddaughter were quick to give me thumbs down on that one. At any rate, I'm available to take Craig's place in the next installment. Having a pre-built house made decorating more enjoyable for me AND I'm already thinking about how to make better Frostitutes for next Christmas. LOL.

      Delete
  4. OMG. I did know about Reface. I'll have to try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked Mads Frostitute too, your Frostitute Cookies are hilarious! Princess T also loves doing Gingerbread Creations, that's her fav part of the Holidays and this year she made Isaac buy the Gingerbread House they made together and they did a great job even tho' he ate most of the Icing. *LOL* Those face swaps turned out good, you as 007 looked particularly Fierce... you make a good Action Hero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling my baking frostitutes is going to be a tradition, only a better more refined bake. After seeing a hack where gingerbread houses are assembled with sugar glue, instead of frosting, I may try building one from the ground up next time instead of pre-built. It just goes to show I'm not to listen to family because I liked me as 007 and, so far, you readers do as well. :-)

      Delete
  6. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bwahahahahahahahahahhaha!!!!!Shirley!!!!!! You had me shoot wine out my nose with those frostutite cookies!!!!! And the gingerbread house looks great! Mine I did in the past never looked that good.

    As for the Reface...they are all good, I don't think I have a favorite, but I must say you made a fabulous Nefertiti.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finally getting a handle on how to use a pastry bag. Those cookies have put me on the naughty list right along with you. LOL.

      Delete
    2. No worries, I feel we will be in a lot of good company.

      Delete