Thursday, December 9, 2021

Do You See What I See

Waking up yesterday morning, wanting to go to the market to hunt for the elf after working out, but needing an excuse, I was happy to see I was out of tomatoes and down to my last red bell pepper.

I guess the market has not returned to employees manning the door because, when I walked in, there was a security guard on duty. Fortunately, it wasn’t the one I avoid — and I’ve got a blog name for that guy … Spider.

Why “spider”?

Trainer said, one time when he popped into the market to pick up a sandwich from the deli, Spider had his sleeve rolled up and he saw a tattoo of a "rather large" black widow spider.

It’s my understanding that Black Widow Spiders are deadly, so I said to Trainer, "What does THAT tell you about the guy. He’s practically advertising, warning others that he’s trouble".

At any rate, I began looking for the Elf the minute I stepped inside the door, because you never know if the elf is hidden near or far.

After making sure, she wasn’t hanging around the entrance, or directly in front of the entrance, I made a right into the Bakery/Deli section. Checked the walls, the counters, inside the glass display cases (because one year she was hidden inside the sushi case and I missed seeing it).

From there, I hung a left. Looked along the meat section, continued down to eggs then, hanging another left to Dairy, looking eye-level left/right, up and there she was.



Do you see what I see?

Such a tiny thing, she’s easy to miss, but I spotted her up there getting drunk on eggnog.


So that’s one successful hunt.

Trainer followed through on moving me up to barbells.

I managed to get the bar beyond the waist level and over my head without the grunting groaning grimacing of his younger client, and without hurting anything ......... yet.


Plan today was to walk around the complex, take more pics of patio decorations, but it’s raining.

Pivot!

I love that word "pivot", which creators on tik tok use to indicate a change in direction.

So instead of going outside today, it’s back to working on the baby quilt … Number 2 because, upon completion of Quilt 1, I scrapped it and began again.

Knocking out baby quilts, which I gifted to coworkers at their showers, was my thing back in the day. However, as near as I can recall, the last baby quilt I made was in 2002.

Now rusty on what to do, how to do it, Quilt 1 was riddled with mistakes, but served to refresh my skills.

I reordered the top fabric, ordered a different back fabric, and have begun again.

So far construction is going much smoother.

18 comments:

  1. I think spider is a good name for him then.
    I love that they have an elf for you to find. How fun is that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun. So much so that I look forward to every year and, as far as I know, ALL Stater Bros are running the Find Your Hometown Elf this time of year, for last three/four years. The prize for finding is a small candy cane. I don't collect the candy, I just like to hunt and find :-)

      Delete
  2. Even tipsy that elf is smart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor bored elf, having to stay still for hours on end. Eggnog is a big help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Good point. I remember once I couldn't find her and the little girl of a friend posted she'd found the Elf in the Liquor Department. The Elf should not have been in liquor, nor should the little girl be there. I don't drink, so of course, I didn't find it, but I always check liquor now.

      Delete
  4. Very nice barbell work! Is the gym really named the Pain Cave? I thought that was your nickname for it due to your love/hate relationship with it.
    Eggnog is a dairy product... Elf is getting healthy! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's the name of the studio and it's aptly named because sometimes there are aches and pain. LOL. I thought eggnog had liquor in it ??? I've never tried it because it looks disgusting.

      Delete
  5. You have got an EAGLE EYE for spotting that grocery store elf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of practice, but sometimes, no matter how hard I try, can't find it, but so fun to hunt.

      Delete
  6. Good Eye, do you get any Prize for spotting the Elf? That would really be an incentive to spot it, but I do think, even if you don't, it's a Fun thing that Market is doing and staging the Elf to be doing something humorous, like getting drunk on the Egg Nog. Spider reminds me of a Tattoo a very proper Bank Executive I once knew told me her Husband had a Tattoo of and WHERE... TMI and after that, every time I saw him, and he was a Bank Exec too, that's all I could think of and I'm sure he wouldn't have appreciated his Wife sharing that intimate information of his growing Spider. *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prize is a tiny candy cane which I never collect, but the kids who find the elf seem to enjoy getting as a reward. There's only one place on the male body that I can envision a spider tattoo GROWING. So, I'm assuming sometimes the spider is limp? But that begs the question of HOW it could have been accomplished and by whom. ROFLMAO!

      Delete
  7. Lifting weights! Wow. Good for you, but be careful and don't pull a giblet. My husband loves eggnog. I buy it for him during the holiday season (the only time it's available) and he adds a bit of brandy for his after dinner dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't know eggnog was only available during holiday season. Learn something every day. I saw eggnog in the family as I was growing up, took one look at it, decided not something I EVER wanted to put in my mouth. That, along with fruitcake. :-)

      Delete
    2. Damn. I need to be lifting weights like that. I have no strength in my arms or any other part actually.

      Delete
    3. That was my problem when I started ... no upper body strength. None at all.

      Delete
  8. I forgot to say I would never have thought to look up at the Dairy sign. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years of hunting. I know where to look but sometimes they get tricky with hiding and there's just no finding Cindy.

      Delete