Monday, December 27, 2021

And Just Like That … We’re Back

My three-day hiatus from the world flew by. Here I am at another Monday, very much relating to what a recent new commenter posted on her blog — that Every morning my 2 year old sits up in her bed and yells "HELP, I WOKE UP".

I may adopt that phrase as my tagline for future Mondays — "HELP, I WOKE UP AND IT’S MONDAY".

At any rate, it’s back to my usual weekly routine, except for back-to-back workouts this week, because Friday is New Year’s Eve.

Talk about silent night, holy night, I don’t know how holy things were on the complex, but the silence late Christmas Eve/early Christmas morning was eery.

Not a creature was stirring — no voices of residents, no doors opening/closing, no dogs barking, no street traffic, no nothing. It was like the first few days of the Quarantine. You could have heard a pin drop.

There was a break in the rainstorm Christmas Day, so sights and sounds returned to the area, and the sun actually showed up for a few hours on Sunday, so I ventured out to take trash to the dumpster.

Other than those few minutes on Sunday, I did not step foot outside the front door.

Did I get what I wanted for Christmas, you ask.

There was an anxious moment every single time I got a ring or a ping on the phone, whereupon I’d send up a prayer, "Please God, don’t let it be one of them" (Them being Twin 1, Twin 2, Granddaughter) and I was relieved to find it was notification of an email, something from a Facebook friend, or a call listed as "potential spam".

So, did I get what I wanted for Christmas or not. The answer is mostly, nearly, kinda sorta.

Nothing from Twin 1, Twin 2, but I had an oh crap moment when, on Christmas morning, granddaughter’s name popped up in a ping.

Fortunately, it wasn't anything too too heavy, just a message wishing me a Merry Christmas — which was sweet of her except it morphed into a discussion of Omicron when she mentioned she and hubby were staying in because she's worried about catching Omicron and how it would affect her unborn son.

All of a sudden, I found myself having to reassure her that, though it’s being said everyone will eventually catch Omicron, that because she is young, healthy, has no underlying conditions, she and her baby probably won’t suffer ill effects.

I’m not Fauci, so I don’t know any of that to be true but, evidently, it was what she needed to hear, said "That’s a good point", and went away somewhat reassured.

Granddaughter is somewhat of a drama queen so, if it wasn't Omicron and pregnant, it would have been something else. Consequently, I learned a long time ago to remain detached, not get caught up in whatever worry, concern, drama she's manufactured, so I came away unbothered/unworried from that interaction.

THEN, when there was a ping the following day (Sunday) and granddaughter’s name popped up again it was like fukkkkkkkkk, until I saw it was just a photo.


Much like Kathy, over at Second Half of My Life, and I did back in 2015, someone was performing Random Acts of Christmas Cheer in granddaughter's neighborhood park.

After that message, I was home free.

So, all in all, it was an okay holiday for me — time spent catching up on recorded television programs, scrapbooking, needlepoint, lots of naps and swapping my face on the Reface app.


11 comments:

  1. The Queen!!!!!!!!!!!!! bwahahahahahahaha Did I create a monster! It's addictive right?

    For reasons you state, it's why Christmas Eve is always one of my favorite days. It seems like it is literally all is calm all is bright. I always think it is a very quiet day and I love it.

    Now that being said, I'm not out in the last minute frenzy either....

    That little tree gives me a great idea for next year. I would love to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe you have created a monster. That reface makes me wonder, if I live to 95, will I look like that (but with a better uplifting bra). On the other hand, the royal family has Queen Charlotte's black blood and is this how the Queen would look had that blood taken hold and shown up? LOL. I can't wait to see what you're going to do with Random Acts of Christmas Cheer.

      Delete
    2. You make a wonderful light-skinned Black queen :-)

      Delete
  2. Glad you survived! But to be Queen you must accept the droopiness, but need that little 1950s purse. I wanna know what's in the Queen's purse! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Accept the droopiness" ... Never, when there are so many wirefree sagging options.

      Delete
  3. Not only is it "HELP, I WOKE UP". But also "NO, YOU CAN"T MAKE ME GO TO BED!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you 'mostly' got your Christmas wish :).
    And you look good as Queen! That reface app trying to tell you something?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bow to Your Majesty! You should have called this post "The Queen's Message," LOL! That's the best face swap yet

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture is the funniest thing I've seen. It's New Year's Even here and what a laugh to send me into the New Year. Thanks, I needed that.

    ReplyDelete