Sunday, December 12, 2021

Patio Wars, Part 2

Heading for the Pain Cave on Friday, I saw Red-Light District had added decorative bows to her railing, to go with all the other stuff she has in her disco display that I’d posted a video of on Wednesday.


Red Light District (RLD) is the blog name I’ve assigned to the resident downstairs across the quad corner unit.

Though I realize that she probably added the bows to enhance her display for daytime viewing, because the full glory of the light show doesn't translate until after dark, I still thought to myself, Girl! You need to stop.

She appears to be obsessing on out decorating her neighbors.

Though I've not experienced the side of her that others have said is "difficult", I have a sense she's the type of person that's going to be angry if she doesn't win.

I wish her luck with it, because it appears the Universe has other plans.

Heading outside yesterday, this is how the display looked.


It appears Santa and Company had a little too much of whatever was served at the disco, and are now all out of air, passed out flat on their faces.

After Friday’s workout, I headed out of the area to pick up a replacement iron for the reliable, had for a long time, Black and Decker steam iron I’d killed the evening before.

How did I kill an iron, you ask?

I’d previously mention there’s a lot of switching things around to make room for sewing, and all the steps involved.

In the process of doing just that, switching out what was needed when it was needed — sewing machine, fabric, cutting boards, measuring rulers, ironing board in a small space already filled with a laptop, makeup mirror and makeup, I’d momentarily placed the iron on top of the refrigerator, forgot to be careful, caught a foot on the cord, and crashing down she came.

Fortunately, she wasn't still hot, had cooled off, and missed my foot, but I couldn't get her to power up after that, and had to resign myself to replacing. 

When I returned to the complex from that errand, I walked over to see if 1st Place Halloween had finished decorating her 3rd Place boyfriend’s patio.

She had.

His


Hers

A few doors down from boyfriend’s patio, is a patio with a Christmas tree.


The tree looks alive, but I can't be sure.

As you can see, whatever else is there was hidden under tarps that day, and the tree is not yet decorated.

When I walked over yesterday to see the full display, everything else was STILL hidden under tarps, and the tree was still bare.

I've no idea what's going on with that patio. Perhaps there's to be some kind of big reveal.

The Baker is not in the mood for Christmas, because her husband is not doing well, but she made an effort.


Two others I walked up on ...




17 comments:

  1. Yes....That's the trick. When I judge house on a house contest years ago in Harrisburg...the house had to have daytime appeal as much as nighttime appeal. I don't think many think of that. I liked that tinsel star on the one balcony railing. Very vintage feeling.

    I'm on pins and needles to see how your daughter does, any word yet sweetcheeks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda liked that vintage one as well. No word. She's freaking out, worried she'll "disappoint the homeless community" but I told her she made it to top 10 out of 100, so that means she's already won, brought attention and donations to the homeless situation. That anything else is gravy.

      Delete
    2. Your right about that...not to mention even GET INTO the running for the hero of the year.

      Delete
  2. Now I'm itching to see The Big Reveal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I'm driving the long way out of the complex, so I can keep an eye out for when the tarps are removed.

      Delete
  3. You can one up everyone. Get an elf costume and put yourself on the balcony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe if the prize was no rent for a year, instead of a trophy. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Red Light District pull something like that. LOL.

      Delete
  4. I love that people are decorating and mot of them look nice. Not many people have even decorated their windows here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sad. Even if one is not feeling the season, it is a bit of a lift to see pretty decorations.

      Delete
  5. Shirley we JUST finished watching your Daughter Win her Hero Award, it moved me to Tears. I did not know about you losing the Grandbaby and her losing a Son, I cannot even Imagine that depth of Sorrow. I just Love what her Ministry work is, the difference that makes in the Lives of those on Skid Row to feel pampered, pretty, it is transformative. Our Prodigal Daughter, due to the severity of her Mental Illness and of coarse a prolonged Substance Abuse struggle that accompanied it, has been Homeless most of her Adult Life... she said the hardest part is staying Clean, feeling Attractive and even SEEN by Society and not Invisible. Self-esteem suffers so much when someone doesn't even have the basics and is looked down upon by the Society surrounding them. She looked so Pretty and I can tell that making others feel Pretty and Handsome brings her Joy and elevates their appearance to where they feel better for the transformation and having been pampered. Something Rare for those who cannot afford that kind of Treatment regularly, if at all. Congrats to her, it Moved The Man and I to see her Story and see her recognized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her "story" is one of taking the hard road through life, when I saw a different way through for her. But I guess her life had to go down the way it did in order for her to be out there on the Row, doing what she does.

      Delete
  6. Patio wars heatin' up! And your daughter truly is a hero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to see so many patio decorations this year. Not so many in the past.

      Delete
  7. We have some nice patios over here but your residents are killing it. I wish I had the energy and the space to store such cute decorations. I admire the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they'll keep it up if there's not a contest next year.

      Delete