Monday, December 6, 2021

Monday Funday

It’s Monday again, but that’s okay this time around, because I need it to be Monday.

On Saturday, while driving to the booster shot location, I got an alert on the car that ALL tires were low, especially the rear driver side one.


Surprising, since I recently had the car serviced.

I suspect the mechanics did not rotate and check tires as requested.

Does no one do their job any longer?

Does no one these days care about work ethics?

I’m going to put fingernail polish on one of the tires so I can double-check they’ve been rotated next time, and have the tire pressure checked elsewhere to double check that as well.

So, anyway, the tire place was a hop skip jump from the vaccine location, so I pulled into the Air Check Section — hoping that’s all I needed … just air, and there wasn’t a slow leak problem in the rear driver side tire.

The kid pumping air said, "It’s probably just the cold weather".

"I’ll find out soon enough", said I. Thanked him for the service of bringing ALL tires up to 36 psi and said "Hopefully, I won’t be back soon".

No such luck because, after getting the booster, driving home, the car began telling me that left rear tire was already losing air.


Arriving back at the complex, I got online to set up an appointment to have the tire checked on Sunday, only to learn the place was closed Sunday. Which meant, I had to worry all the rest of the weekend that I’d have enough air in that tire to make it to this morning’s workout and the appointment I’d made at the tire place this afternoon.

For the first time, Monday couldn’t get here fast enough.

Going downstairs, checking the tire on Sunday, it was still at 35, so I was comfortable I’d make it to the tire place today. However, the car indicated the front driver side was also losing air.


How is this possible? Do I have two slow leaks?

I’ll find out as soon as I get to the tire place today.

Though I had stopped at the tire place on the way to the booster shot, I made it to the location right on the button 11:00 AM. Did not get my booster until 11:30, because it was a complete sh!t show, with a crush of people showing up for boosters. Some with appointments, some not.

And there was paperwork to be filled out because, even though paperwork had been submitted online, they’d been too busy to pull it up for those of us who had appointments.

Annoyed, I managed to remain cool calm collected in the midst of all the chaos, because I spent the time chatting with a Golden Retriever named Jonathan.


Jonathan was one of those who did not have an appointment, just showed up and was allowed to sign in. Jonathan also opted to pay out-of-pocket, which I overheard as $170.

WOW!

I had no idea these shots were costing that much.

Jonathan opted to pay because, as he put it — even though he has Medicare, he didn’t want to use it. That every time we use that card, instead of cash, we’re giving out information. That the government and other agencies track that information — learn what we like, where we go, what we do.

I said I didn’t mind that because all the government would see is me at home, working on my laptop, watching TV or crafting. LOL.

Jonathan said, wherever possible, he pays cash and keeps all his important information on his cell phone, including a digital vaccine record — which he showed me and instructed on how to get mine, so I don't have to rely on the paper version.

I made a joke that, if all his important information is on the phone, he’d better not lose that phone; but I’m pretty sure data on a phone can be tracked just as easily as a card.

Am I wrong?

I gathered Jonathan is financially comfortable, well off, because he said he’d opted to pay $400 cash for another procedure (I can’t remember which), instead of using his card.

When I expressed $400 was a lot of money, when he could have gotten the service free with his card, he brushed 400 off as "nothing", which is why I deduced he’s well off.

I know what you’re thinking ... that Jonathan was trying to impress or come onto me, but I didn’t get that at all. He was just this nerdy little Golden Retriever who seemed to sense I was open, he could talk to me, and I’d not think him weird or be judgmental of what he had to say.

What did strike me as strange is that he’s being super careful, to avoid being tracked, by not leaving footprints — doesn’t want what he does, where he goes out there in the open for prying governmental eyes. But then, he revealed to me, a complete stranger that could have been a spy, where he goes, what he does. 

His job is “fixing computers”, work that has him travelling all over the country. He doesn’t trust air travel, so he drives everywhere — his next stop being Hilton Head. He recently had a diabetes count of something like 170, which frightened him into changing his eating habits. He no longer eats bread, starchy foods, is mostly vegan and measured that day at 80.

He has an implant in his right arm, that allowed him to take out some little device, hold it to his arm, and check his level.

At any rate, it was an interesting chat while waiting for the booster.

Unlike Moderna 1 and 2, which shots made me weak, I've had no adverse reaction to the booster, other than itching and puffiness at the injection site. So, no problem working out this morning, then driving back to the tire company.

Last chance. Voting ends tomorrow.


Speaking of CNN and not leaving footprints ... how stupid was Chris Cuomo to leave a trail of emails that indicate he used his connections to gather information against his brother's accusers.

He's a news personality, or was until yesterday's firing, and thus, of ALL people, should have been aware of the past scandals discovered because email was used to transmit this that the other.

Every time his handsome face pops up on the news, with word of his firing, I shake my head.

Unbelievably Stupid!

16 comments:

  1. I'll stick with Cuomo because I like him but this thing he did was ridiculously stupid, so, yeah, he had to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I concur with liking him, but I'm having a hard time processing the stupidity of emails. What was he thinking!!!

      Delete
  2. What an interesting interaction with Jonathan. I know a few people who don't like to "leave any trail" for whatever reason. But, like you noticed, in that case, why does Jonathan have everything on a smartphone?? ... assuming it's a smartphone.

    Glad you got your booster, and I hope your weird tire pressure is just temperature related.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe it was a smartphone, a tracking device. In addition to which the implant in his arm I figured was also a tracking device. As DrumMajor said, there's no way around it.

      Delete
  3. Golden Retriever is an idiot, no matter how wealthy. He needs psych meds but doesn't have an imbedded monitor for that. At least he's a community cooperative idiot by agreeing to take the vaccines, but afraid of it enough to rationalize private pay. Probably an untruth that he's an IT guy. His Medicare number is as trackable and permanent as a Holocaust tat, along with his cell, which coordinates with his imbedded diabetes monitor, all working together to help warn any vaccine sites that he's coming, and to open their cash box for a fool to fill it up! (The scary government is required to track vaccines given, lot # of vial used, into which people. Cash won't delete THAT tracking.)
    Okay, so I've heard that really bizarre thing about vaccines and I'm cranky anyway.
    Maybe your tires have diabetes. LOVE the fingernail polish idea to check the mechanic. Nope, most service guys aren't honest. When I find an non-dealer, non-national-commercial-company mechanic, I stick with them for years. (Private repair shop.) I've had ones that tell me I DON'T need something when I think I do... I've stayed with my beloved mechanics longer than I've stayed with my husbands. Find ya such a guy.
    You may have bad valves, not leaking tires. Or a bad monitor. Yep, the pressures are lower in any weather when the car sits. As you drive, especially zooming down a highway, they heat up and the pressure increases. Varying either way 4-5 pounds isn't a big deal. Ask an old man with an old well-running car where his mechanic is. Of course, most of them stay current with all the bells and whistles of today's vehicles.
    Got my vote in! It's been fun doing something nice! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your assessment of Golden Retriever tickled me. And yes, the phone, the thing in his arm, there's no way he can't be tracked, but it was fun talking to him. There's an old guy here at the complex that works on cars. It was his side business in the garage UNTIL one night the garage caught fire. I'll try to catch up with him and ask his advice on the car. Thanks again for the votes! I don't usually put my daughter's work on blast, but it was important to do so this time to help her with votes.

      Delete
  4. Uh, might want to ask the fire-sparking mechanic for his reference for another guy. You don't want to burn your tires and fancy electronic features.
    Good Mama, helping good daughter, for a good cause, makes for good votes. You should be proud of everyone's survival of life's adventures. Cheers, Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. He's a good guy. The fire was just one of those things. He'd been inside the garage, working on a car earlier in the day and, 9PM that night something sparked and caused a garage fire. Of course, he shouldn't have been using the garage here as a mechanics shop, and I don't know if management charged him for the damage, but he's still here, but no longer using the rebuilt garage. I lucked up and got a lifetime warranty on the Jeep, just as lifetime warranties were about to be no longer offered, so I’d ask the old guy’s advice on little things, but it’s in my best interest to not muck about, take the car to the dealer.

      Delete
  5. Wait. Someone took $170 from your chatty friend? The shots are free....."FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccines are distributed for free by states and local communities. You cannot buy COVID-19 vaccines online. You do not need to pay any out-of-pocket costs to get an authorized COVID-19 vaccine — not before, during, or after your appointment.Nov 19, 2021, FDA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. Since they charged him $170, and they did, I saw it, makes me now wonder how many others paid cash, and if the location is back billing my provider or medicare.

      Delete
  6. Wow! Didn't know they had forever warranties! Cool! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought my jeep in 2018, at which time I was advised Jeep would no longer be offering lifetime.

      Delete
  7. The tire pressure system is a pain - do you need to reset the system after inflating? I had the same thing in my car, inflated the tires but the system kept showing as low, when I checked the manual it mentioned resetting the system, which I did and it sorted the problem. (Just a thought😏) Viv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomorrow's post will be about coming to that same conclusion. My manual is not helping, but I did see something online that might be a solution. Stay tuned.

      Delete
  8. Jonathan is a little delusional about what he's already being Tracked with and that his Information is already out there, it amuses me, but some people are convinced about some things and ignorant about others that pose the same perceived Threat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was rather humorous that he couldn't see the whole picture.

      Delete