Wednesday, June 30, 2021

2 Lies/1 Truth Part 2

Thanks to those who played. No one guessed correctly — No. 3.

JanF and Country Cottage got it partially right, I have not done the Fox Trot. I think that dance was before my time. However, oddly enough, I’ve also not done any Swing dancing, which was during my time. Probably have not because it’s a dance that requires a partner, as does Fox Trot.

Looking at the list, it appears my preference has been dances that allow distance from a partner.

It appears I’ve always wanted to be a loner, detached from others, even while dancing. LOL.

Yesterday was a wild ride—from previously receiving Excessive Heat warnings, it went to Severe Thunderstorm warnings.

I never saw signs of rain, thunder, lightning but, just in case signs were to appear later in the day, I headed out early morning to pick up the microwave testing kit.

The microwave tested as “minor radiation”, which would not account for continuing to run when off and door is opened. It may be, as dkzody commented “microwave may have a problem with the sensor in the door”.

I can live with a ghost in the sensor, and “minor radiation” doesn’t alarm me because, for years and years and years, I held off purchasing a microwave, believing that some level of radiation was always being emitted.

I’d be really upset with myself if I did run out, purchase new, tested it and got the same reading “minor radiation”. So I won’t be looking to replace until testing at a later date moves minor up to extremely dangerous status.

On the way out to pick up the testing card yesterday morning, I spied a new rock.


It called out "Take Me", so I did.

Then there were three


Inasmuch as this rock speaks as a racing theme, Jan should have made “Go The Distance” instead, but “Go The Mile” is close enough.

The day before yesterday, I saw The Talker (resident who parks next to me) and her little granddaughter heading down the walkway. One of the rocks must have spoken to the little girl, because she reached over and took one as a souvenir.

I’m guessing a happy face.

And btw, two weeks ago, I noticed my car has been nicked — there’s a black mark that wasn’t there the day before, when I washed it.


I knew right away, it was a situation of Talker's granddaughter, jumping out of the driver's side back seat of her grandma's black car, swinging the door wide.

You know how kids do.

I can't imagine Talker is not aware, but I’m not going to bring it up because it’s just a mark, not a dent. I’ve tried and can’t rub it out but looks like it can easily be buffed out with the proper tool, so no worries.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, close on the dance guess - I was thinking foxtrot was too old but the rest sound like fun dances and you strike me as a fun, outgoing person.

    No sun here, just more cloud and rain which is par for the course when Wimbledon is on.

    Love the to rock collection. Viv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good logic, foxtrot was too old. I like to keep up with current fun things, thus I learned the Floss Dance and currently am trying to learn some of the TikToc Dances, with modifications for my senior body. LOL.

      Delete
  2. The way I guessed was to try to imagine you doing each dance!
    Missed on the swing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missed because you could probably see me doing the swing. I could see myself doing it as well. Just never got around to it.

      Delete
  3. The dance i didn't think you did was the fox trot....but then I got it wrong anyhow. I always loved when Anne Marie did these. It's a great way to get to know a person more without doing a whole post on something.

    And I love the basket of inspiration rocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed AM's segment as well and have thought about following suit long before I did this one. Problem is, I'm an open book. Could not think of things readers don't already know about me, until now. LOL.

      Delete
  4. Pre-pandemic, rock painting was really big here. In fact, there is a Facebook group in my city about it, and they put stickers on the bottoms of the rock, and tell people to post photos of the rock once they take it home, on the Facebook group page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stickers on the bottom are a great idea. Jan is going to leave rocks around the city, so I'll pass the sticker idea along. Also, something commenter PamJ might want to do when she leaves her painted rocks out and about.

      Delete
  5. Loving those inspiration rocks and trying to get caught up with everyone's Posts. Now that Princess T is out of School I'm trying to just sleep in and relax... the Family is usually chomping at the bit to go do something and with this heat I'm just wanting down time for a few days. And, to hopefully ignore the 4th of July as much as I can get away with.

    ReplyDelete