Saturday, June 12, 2021

Pop of Color

Opening up the blinds to sunshine yesterday, my eyes caught a pop of color in the drab landscape. It was in the area of walkway where painted rocks had been pilfered.


Later that morning, heading to the Pain Cave, I stopped to check the brightly colored item out and whatdoyaknow … it’s a brand new rock.


While I was photographing the rock, along comes Handsome Man wanting to know what I was doing.

He didn’t seem much interested in talking about the rocks, saying “Oh yea, I noticed some of those around”. Instead, he turned the conversation around to Apache, asking if I’d been in contact.

I had not.

Said he knew where Apache had moved to, he’d called him and the call did not go well — Apache yelled at him.

I can relate to that, because I myself have often wanted to yell at Handsome Man.

He’s rather pious, narrowminded, judgmental. So opinionated as to how others should live their lives. Thinks he’s smarter than he really is, so I myself try to keep our conversations in safe territory — no religion, politics, current events, even the fact I'd not had the Covid shots, when last he asked, had turned into a bone of contention. 

I guess he approves now that I've been vaccinated.

So, anyway, actually no topic is safe to discuss with Handsome Man. It’s best to just let Handsome Man hold the reigns and listen to him talk.

He probably opined what Apache should and should not have done to avoid being evicted and Apache, not having it, terminated the conversation by yelling.

Handsome Man says he’s tried calling Apache since, but Apache won’t take his calls.

Before our brief conversation was over, I was once again wanting to shake some sense into Handsome Man, but settled for saying, “I’m going to have to stop talking to you”.

This because I asked, “Are you coming to Movie Night next week?”

Seemed a safe enough topic.

Of course it was his usual, “I don’t know anything about it”. 

"It was on the Activity Calendar".

"You know I always toss that in the trash".

That's true. From past incidents, I am well aware he never reads the Calendar, and that's why he didn't know, why he never knows, and then complains later when he’s missed something.

I explained the upcoming Movie Night event to him, asked if he’d seen the movie “Get Out” and, of course, he had not. Had never heard of it.

Handsome Man is such a bore. Guess it's the result of his narrow view of the world and all of us in it, but his well-built aging gracefully body is a joy to see walking around the premises — gives me a pop of color, eye candy, so I tolerate him. LOL.

The conversation ended with me  a bit frustrated he'd yet again not read the Activity Calendar, and me once again acting as his verbal calendar, giving him a look and saying, “I’m going to have to stop talking to you until you start reading those calendars”.

As I turned and continued on to the car, I could hear him chuckling in the background. 

He enjoys it when I'm snippy with him.

Later that afternoon, from my perch on the couch, I observed the little old lady that pilfered the rocks from my quad, walking down the side path.

She stopped, bent over, picked up a rock from that area, stashed it in her bag.

I think I’d better give her a blog name. How about “The Collector”. LOL.

There's not just a new rock in my area, I've walked up on others that appear to be much improved over the ones I initially found. The work is sharp, clear, the new rocks even have a coating to protect from weather damage. We may have a new player on the field. Someone who has done this kind of work before.



6 comments:

  1. Oh no. Am I gonna start painting rocks and leaving them here and there in my neighborhood? I fear the answer is yes. I'm such a copy-cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some things are meant to be copied. Please post photos of your creations in their settings :-)

      Delete
  2. I love the rocks.
    There's always people that you just can't talk to about anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. I generally don't even try with people like that, but he's so fun to look at.

      Delete