Tuesday, June 22, 2021

One and Done … Not

Daughter-in-Law — Twin 2’s wife, called to let me know how much she was enjoying having cool air again.

Thank the Lord, because I was holding my breath that the plumber boys did right by them.

Very right, she tells me. The workers were there all day and replaced the entire unit.

Turns out one of the young workers knew Daughter-in-Law — was a friend of a relative of hers, which didn’t hurt in their getting top notch service.

So that’s done.

This being Pride Month, I’ve been sporting my colors in support of the LGBTQ community.

Straight But Not Narrow #ally

When Twin 2 stopped by to pick up the check for the plumber, she noticed my top and said something that made me feel really good about my parenting skills. 

She smiled at the words on the tee and said, “You’ve always been an ally”.

That’s true because, as I’ve indicated in prior posts, my position in life has always been to live and let live, not be so tightly wrapped.

Twin 2 came out to me, via text, a few years ago, saying something to the effect that I’d probably figured out (because I somehow always knew things without being told) that her female roommate was not just a roommate, but that they were in a relationship.

I don’t know how I missed that one, because I generally did sense and know what secrets the girls were keeping from me.

Though this secret escaped me, wasn’t a big deal in my mind, so my reply had been, “No. Never entered my mind, but okay” and that was that.

Daughter-in-Law’s deeply religious family had a difficult time accepting, some members of that side of the family still do, though they like Twin 2. They've were, and some still are, curious as to how Twin 2’s family — her mom (me) in particular reacted to her coming out, feel about her lifestyle and the relationship.

Twin 2 tells me her response, to these deeply religious individuals, is that no one in our family thinks anything about it because we have some of everything (meaning devils, angels, cops, criminals) and “We were raised to love everyone”.

That “We were raised to love everyone” made me so proud of ME, the seeds I’ve sown which have taken root.

It’s just too bad the boys (mainly Middle Grandson) have soil I cannot seed — that Roadside Soil … hard, can’t get under the ground.

Today was planned to be a one and done for me.

I had three different Macy’s orders, and planned to pick them all up this morning.

Driving to my favorite mall in Rancho Cucamonga, I picked up one order, but was told I’d somehow sent the other two to two different malls.

Holy Crap!

I must have been in the midst of a Senior Moment when I ordered the second item, and again in a Senior Moment, when I’d ordered the third.

So, this morning’s one and done one-hour errand, turned into a four-hour tour.

All three malls had a See’s Candy Shop.

I passed up on the first, I passed up on the second but, by the time I arrived at the third mall, plum tuckered out, I relented and brought myself a late lunch.

Walnut & Pecan Bud, Dark & Light Caramels

My gut will hate me later — because I’m not supposed to be eating candy, but right now, I feel satisfied and relaxed, after a long day on the road.

10 comments:

  1. You surely don't mean See's was your lunch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed. See's and coffee was my lunch, and not for the first time.

      Delete
  2. I love your tee shirt too... and thank you for your support!!!!
    ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ

    And your the second person to mention See's candy. I don't have it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "See's candy. I don't have it here." Oh No! See's Corporate Office must be notified of this, so they can rectify the situation.

      Delete
    2. Sees will ship candy all over the world.

      Delete
    3. I was thinking of suggesting that to Mistress, but wasn't sure I knew what I was talking about. Wonder how they keep it from going soft or getting stale in the process. Mail is shipping sooooooo sloooooow these days.

      Delete
  3. We were also Raised to Love everyone and I saw my Parents walk that walk and not just talk it, back in an Era when everyone was so uptight it was ridiculous. It made me Proud to come from a Family who were distinctly different in a Positive way that I wished more people could be like. My Dad was a Two Spirit Native American, very revered in his own Culture, not so much in Western Culture and definitely not at all in the Military, which was his Career for 27 Years. He and Mom had an intercultural interracial union, which got under the skin of a lot of people in their Era, which I never quite understood that either, how our Family dynamic affected any of those people in any way whatsoever? Oh, except, that we might date their kids... bwahahahahaha. I remember having a long time Friend whose Mom was from the Deep South, her Mom just Loved me for many years but had never met my Family. Well, one day a bunch of Dad's Relatives from the Rez showed up and thought they were Black, since she'd never seen an Indian in her life apparently {LMAO} and said something very derogatory about them... when I told her those were my Paternal side of the Family she could have shit kittens Shirley and after that the Woman never would let me come around, it was hilarious, yet confusing, given I'd been around her Family all those Years and she had no problems with me when she just made her assumptions about my ethnicity. *Ha ha ha* It's the same with the LGBTQ Community for those who can fly under the radar of the Haters, when they find out, they flip-flop on those individuals they've known for years, it's so ridiculous and so fake. My Grandson we always knew, when he was Two he used to swipe our Make-Up and Accessories, hide in the Closet {literally, which was kind of tongue in cheek funny} and put it on. One day we found out and told him he didn't have to Hide, after that when he wanted Girl's Wear we let him have it and wear it with Pride. He's very comfortable in his own Gender Fluid Skin now because we did not make him feel any Shame, even if we didn't totally understand the fluidity of his Being... but I try to at least.

    ReplyDelete