Monday, June 28, 2021

2 Lies/1 Truth ala Anne Marie

Happy Pride Day to my LGBTQ readers.

Hope you had an enjoyable month, an enjoyable day.

I came close to being too exhausted to blog today, show off the tee that finally arrived — too late for this year, nice and early for next year’s Pride Month.


Actually, I like the old tee better — the one I made for myself, posted a few days ago. So who knows which I’ll be sporting next year.

As for why I was so exhausted today. Well, for one, I had yet another Senior Moment yesterday — forgot to take my BP pill.

I caught up today and, as of a few hours ago, the reading was 111/51, so I survived, but woke up dragging a bit. And, while catching up, there was the excessive heat to deal with, working out this morning in the Pain Cave in spite of the excessive heat, shopping for groceries right after working out, lugging groceries from the car to my unit in the heat, then checking the mail box and dropping off the rent check in this excessive heat.

By the time all was said and done, I sat down on the couch to rest for a second and ended up falling asleep, sitting up, for two/three hours.

Earlier in the day, while heading out to the Pain Cave, I noticed Jan had added to the now very decorative pathway.

Twist, Bunny Hop, Line Dancing, Mash Potato, Fox Trot, Swing

So cute, she’s got a dance theme going. 

Channeling Anne Marie in Philly’s segment where she announced 2 Truths/1 Lie, facts about her and readers were to guess which one was a lie, let’s play … but with 2 Lies/1 Truth.

(1) I’ve done every dance.

(2) I’ve done all but one dance.

(3) I’ve done all but two dances.

Which one is the truth?

Heading back from the mail box, and dropping off next month’s rent check — and by the way, today was the first day the office was open to walking in, dropping off the check in the rent box, instead of mailing, I ran into Church Lady.

She was sitting on the bench outside the Laundry Room, which area of the Laundry Room is another location where Jan has set up a painted rock garden.

Stopping for a sec to ask Church Lady how she was enjoying the rocks, she said the messages uplifted her. That she’s taken quite a few to put on her window sill to ward off evil spirits, and even has one in her shoe for good luck.

Long time readers might recall Church Lady, once before, long ago, mentioned demons and evil spirits inhabiting her unit.

I didn’t laugh then, I didn’t laugh now — who knows and, if the painted rocks make her feel protected, then well fine and good. Though I do wonder how she manages to walk with a rock in her shoe.

I’m also beginning to see why the old guy who lives upstairs across the quad, who was Church Lady’s "friend" for a hot minute, dumped her so quickly. Her talking like that probably scared him, not to mention her being so prissy, so uptight. It’s also probably why her family won’t have anything to do with her and why she can’t keep a friend.

Evidently even the church no longer wants Church Lady because she tells me she’s just found a new church. That the church she was previously involved with — one nearby where quite a few of the residents are members, including The Seer and Shadow, had asked her to leave in a hurtful way.

There was a gift exchange and her gift was a towel that was personalized with the words "Stay Home".

In all fairness, "Stay Home" might have been pandemic related, but Church Lady didn't think so because everyone began treating her differently, along about the time The Seer began dating Shadow, bringing him to church.

She said something to the effect that how could the pastor allow it.

"Allow what?" asked I.

"Allow a man and a woman in who weren’t married to each other”.

Oh My Holy God, thought I. If she'd voiced this to the pastor, and others in the church, there's no wonder as to why they began treating her differently.

This time I did laugh, and said something to the effect that, “It's not hurting anyone”.

I don’t know who Church Lady thinks I am that I can be as uptight as she, but she quickly let that thread of conversation go when she realized I didn’t think anything wrong about a man and a woman being in an unmarried relationship.

Still in my workout clothes, while having this conversation, Lord knows what Church Lady would have had to say had she seen me in the old #ally top I’d been wearing the whole of Pride Month.

I have a feeling, she’d have pretended not to see, not to know I was an ally and later would have prayed for my soul in private.

LOL.

18 comments:

  1. I'm just going to guess and say all but one dance. I can see you dancing.

    I like the tee too. And I know we are thankful for people like you. Our communities have suffered enough, and it's nice and comforting to have allies. Church lady needs to lighten up me thinks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good guess. Not saying it's a correct guess. Will wait a bit to see if any other guesses. But curious as to which dance you think I've not done. As for Church Lady, I can't imagine living inside her head. Outwardly appearing to be such a nice sane woman, but once she gets to know you and share what's going on inside, I'm beginning to think she's deeply disturbed.

      Delete
  2. I'm saying you've done them all.
    A rock in her shoe?
    I love all the nicknames you give your neighbors. This blog is so much better than any sit-com.
    Rock update: I've now purchased, primed, and half-painted my 23 rocks. Purple, orange, yellow. I bought 2 finger nail polishes -- gold and hot pink -- and I'll paint on my words, probably tomorrow. Then! Where will I put them? TBD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good guess. Will answer in next post. Can't wait to see/hear more of your painted rock journey.

      Delete
  3. I am going to guess the Foxtrot is one you have not done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another good guess. We'll see how correct you are.

      Delete
  4. I liked your Ally tee shirt posted the other day but this is very noticeable, if that is what you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't mind being noticeable, as you can tell by my choice of glitter masks. LOL. The old tee garnered smiles and one woman at the bank said, "I like your tee" with a twinkle in her eye.

      Delete
  5. Hi, I'm going with no 2 that you've done all but one dance. Viv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This guessing game is so fun. LOL. Which one do you think I've not done?

      Delete
    2. I'm going to say the foxtrot. 😁

      Delete
  6. Some people have no filter. They just say whatever pops in their heads. I know a few people around here like that. I love the shirt and the rocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true about having a filter. Like Kenny Rodgers said, "You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em". In other words, know your audience before you speak.

      Delete
  7. Wow, just wow, re Church Lady and unmarried couples. I'm not even sure what CENTURY she harkens back to with that mindset, but it's not this century or even the last century. AND HEY YOU! I'm back, I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back! I'm guessing Church Lady hasn't experienced much of life. Just the one husband, whom she divorced. One and done :-)

      Delete
  8. Wow, Church Lady's Church asked her to leave! That's very telling, I don't remember any House of Worship having to do that with a Member!! *LOL* Walking with a substantial Rock in her Shoe to ward off Evil is interesting too, tho' I agree with you about the Apartment Rocks, if it brings her a Peace and perceived Protection, no harm in that at all. I keep Talismans myself, but then that's how I was Raised by Parents whose Cultures do that kind of thing regularly. *Smiles* I wouldn't have guessed correctly and now I had the spoiler by reading the newest Posts first. I used to enjoy the Blog Parties some Bloggers had and I even used to know how to Host them, but now forgot how that even is set up and nobody much does them anymore anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gather, from long ago snippets of conversations with other residents who are members of that church, that Church Lady was causing a lot of discord. While she, on the other hand, was feeding me that it was The Seer causing trouble. It's quite interesting being in the middle, just listening to what everyone has to say. I'm not judging, but I'm concluding it's Church Lady who has issues AND, if she doesn't resolve those issues, she might not last long at the new church.

      Delete
    2. I guess because my Home Church is a Street Ministry in a marginalized community and we Welcome really messed up people unconditionally so they can form some kind of relationship with God and move forward in a more positive way in Life, I just don't understand how mainstream Churches are so picky about whose 'allowed' to be a Member and come to Worship. If it's exclusive like that, those who are a Hot Mess aren't Welcome and honestly, if only Cleaned Up Christians are Welcome I don't know the Church nor it's Congregation are doing the Lord's Work??? Seems more Country Club Churchy, that Lady may be a Hot Mess, but who among us hasn't been at some point, in different unique ways. {Raises my Hand... winks}

      Delete