Saturday, June 26, 2021

My Cup Runneth Over

In the midst of housework, I happened to glance out the window and caught Jan planting more rocks in my area.

I've been keeping an eye out that the rocks she placed in the area two days ago didn't go missing and, so far, it's all good but, if Jan wants to make my view even more colorful, have at it.

Opening up the patio window, I yelled down, “My cup runneth over”, then headed downstairs to see what was being added, take pics and to pass on to Jan a tin of Danish Butter Cookies gifted me, but which I cannot eat because of the ingredients — mainly the flour.

The cookies didn’t make sense being included in the swag bag for the upcoming Virtual Scavenger Hunt I signed up for. Especially since I’ve not yet received the tee shirt, nor the 10 clues to solve that will lead me to 10 destinations, but oh well.

Now that the Community Room has reopened, I had been thinking of taking the tin down there, leaving for whoever happened up on them.

Glad now that I hadn’t gotten around to it, because Jan’s eyes lit up when she saw them.

I know that look, LOL.

Before I developed gut issues, those Danish Butter Cookies were a favorite of mine, along with Girl Scout cookies.

Checking out the new additions to the painted rock garden, these two stood out.


Jan said “cha cha dance” comes from her having experience doing both dances. I forgot what she said about “run”, but I told her it was speaking to me, that I was taking it, because I do 5Ks.

Jan was okay with my doing so.

Then there were two

Management is going to have a conniption when they see all the color along my walkway, as will whoever it was who made the first batch of rocks disappear (creepy girl downstairs).

Jan said she’s branching out, going to start leaving painted rocks out all over the city.

Nice.

After two days of a ghost residing in the microwave, causing it to run in the off position when the door was closed, the microwave performed unpossessed this morning.

Hopefully, once I receive the testing kit, the microwave will test as cured, because it’s so heavy that it will take some doing to get it downstairs to trash it.

11 comments:

  1. I like the rocks. I'm sure she appreciated the cookies. I love cookies but try not to eat them too often since I have diabetes. But I still eat cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to say no to a favorite sweet, even when we have a condition that precludes eating them. Trust me ... I know.

      Delete
  2. When you mail me my cookies, make sure they are packed well. I don't like broken cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The microwave may have a problem with the sensor in the door. We've had this happen before with our built-in microwave. A GE repairman came and put in new sensors and it does fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know, but 5 year old microwave probably not worth cost of GE repairman.

      Delete
  4. Do you fancy painting some rocks yourself? I can imagine you having fun with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I were to ever have the time or if Activity Director offered it as a craft class, neither of which I see happening any time soon. But, you never know.

      Delete
  5. A shame that some residents and management are so uptight and intolerant of Jan's inspiration rocks adding some Art to Life and Color to our World is always a Positive! I bought that Denim LGBTQ Pride Jacket from Dillards even tho' it was spendy. If the Young Prince changes his mind about it when he sees it then it will be mine instead of his... he's not a Fan of denim but liked the sentiment of the Jacket and part of the Funds went to a Gay Ministry that is supportive of the Community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been keeping an eye on the jacket, hoping the price will drop now that Pride Month is over. I'm wondering about the sizing though. Did you order the Large or Extra Large?

      Delete
    2. I got the X-Large and it's Man Sized so nice and loose... I got me some bodacious 'girls' so I can't wear most tighter smaller sizes. *winks* I love it, even the Buttons are Rainbow and the interior tag was a Leather Rainbow exclusive one. I'm sure it will become a Collectible and I did think of you immediately when I saw it, you'd Rock that thing!

      Delete