Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Vaxxed

Shot No. 2 over and done with. I am, as they say, fully vaxxed.

Inasmuch as I had that swelling situation with Shot No. 1 in the left arm, I decided not to stress that arm further and took No. 2 in the right arm.

Experienced no dizziness on the drive back to the complex. Arrived back safe, sound and planning the next step on the road back to a semblance of normalcy.

First thing I’m going to do is schedule an appointment at the nail salon for a professional mani/pedi. I’ve been doing my own nails for over a year now, and it’s time to take it easy and treat myself.

Then it’s a long overdue appointment with Optometry.

After that, who knows, but hopefully it’ll be in person 5Ks, as I’m as over solo virtuals as I am over doing my own nails.

I did sign up for a Virtual Scavenger Hunt, scheduled for this month, which I’m thinking is an activity I won’t mind going solo.

I’ve never participated in a scavenger hunt — virtual or otherwise, so I’m interested in seeing how this is going to work.

The organizers indicate there will be 10 clues to solve that will lead me to 10 destinations in my own city. It’s the “my own city” part I’m eager to see how they’re going to manage when participants are signing up from all over — other cities, other states.

On another note, I think Trainer is trying to get rid of me.

In fact, I accused him of such when I walked into Monday’s session and found my work station, i.e., the treadmill, moved yet again … for a fourth or fifth time — I’ve lost count.

Last week, the station was positioned in the back of the main room, intersecting the feng shui Family and Fame walls, in the Relationship corner, where I could look out, around, see everything inside and outside the studio.


Now it’s in the front of the main room, intersecting the entryway door, up against the feng shui Health wall, in the New Knowledge corner.


Not awful placement, insofar as feng shui goes, but sucks for viewing purposes, as I can no longer see what’s behind me and what’s going on outside the side window, which is usually entertaining.

At any rate, inasmuch as the new location of the station is so close to the exit door, I told Trainer, “I think you’re trying to get rid of me. Moving me ever closer to the exit door”.

Of course Trainer laughed and denied getting rid of me as his motivation, but time will tell if I arrive one day and the treadmill is outside — in the middle of the parking lot.

Trainer knows nothing of feng shui, could care less. He blames the constant arranging and rearranging of the studio on inspiration garnered from HGTV.

Trainer

11 comments:

  1. Glad you've got your 2nd shot now! Mine is scheduled for this Friday. I'm stoked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So in two weeks... IMMUNITY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you saying I have to wait two weeks before I get my nails done?

      Delete
    2. Just keep your mask on. Which you were going to probably do anyway. And yes, it takes two weeks to reach full immunity after the second shot.

      Delete
  3. Well, Congrats on your 2nd Jab and the added Freedom it will bring, a measure of Immunity gives a Peace of Mind we won't end up in the Morgue with this terrible deadly Virus. I'm thinking my 90 Year Old Uncle in Wales might have succumbed to COVID when he was Hospitalized for something else, because he had a compromised immune system and coupled with the advanced age, he probably couldn't weather something else. My Cousins never said whether any of them had been Vaxxed, some Countries are doing well with Vaccinating and others are lagging. Anyway, let's Hope you don't end up in the Parking Lot on your Treadmill {winks}, but at least you're keeping your sense of Humor about it. I wouldn't think Trainer would want to rid himself of Clients, since the Health Industry did take a hit during the Pandemic with Gym Closures being lengthy and it being a form of business that would have to take a lot of precautions when they reopened. Getting back to our Normals is long overdue but I'm glad we used caution and stayed vertical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I stop to think about it, it's quite remarkable that we made it through the pandemic, when many did not. Trainer's reputation is such that he's in high demand as a personal trainer, turning training business away, focusing more on boxing clients. If I were younger and could jump rope and/or plank or box between sets, the treadmill would be less important for me.

      Delete
  4. Well, I am so glad that you have continued to exercise and plan to do some more 5K's. Also looking forward to seeing what fun things you will have done to your nails.
    My friend (78) had her toe nails done for her Birthday in a blue similar to the blue in your shirt in the side photo . Since it was her B'day the gal placed a tiny "diamond" in the corner of each nail. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're not rushing. Word is to give it a couple of weeks after your second shot before resuming (somewhat) normal activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I'm learning. Shot No. 2 was okay Day 1 but, since then, I've been as weak and helpless a newborn.

      Delete
    2. I felt OK but was weak also for a couple of days after Shot 2. I kind of expected it and just took things easy.

      Delete