Sunday, June 13, 2021

Method to Their Madness

It been a quiet weekend, that is if you don’t count the hellish heat and fire trucks racing to the Cloud Fire, which is close to 100% contained.

Yesterday, I learned there was a method to management’s madness in removing our lush greenery, replacing with succulents and covering the ground with I don’t know what … but mulch maybe? 

It’s because of the drought here in California — drought tolerant plants, drought tolerant landscape.

Makes sense, and management could have lessened all the grumbling had they included that info in the notice alerting us landscapers would be redoing the place.

I also learned the woman who started the rock painting group is a resident by the name of Jan.

Jan said she was bored, needed something to do, began painting rocks, got Diane and a couple other ladies involved.

Jan is still at it, while the others have tapped out.

I also learned that, as I’d expected, management had a hissy fit with residents placing rocks all over the place.

Why I do not know, inasmuch as much of the drought tolerant landscaping consists of rocks.

Manager was so incensed that he contacted Jan, ordered her to “cease and desist”.

”Cease and desist” … lol … sounds like management had consulted with the attorneys.

At any rate, Jan did not cease, nor did she desist. Instead, she requested and got a one-on-one meeting with Manager, asked him why — inasmuch as the rocks weren’t bothering anyone, were not in anyone’s way.

Manager couldn’t come up with an answer as to why so, surprisingly, he “gave her permission” to continue.

So, as of now, we get to keep the pretty rocks.


Americana Style: Red, White, Blue


I’m not sure what this “focus” is supposed to mean.

Like focus on what … focus on who and why?

It must be an important message because, I’m finding other “focus” on the property, appearing to be made by different artists, but I don't get it.



6 comments:

  1. The rocks add pretty pops of color to the brown mulch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, which makes me think mulch with built-in pops of color would sell like hotcakes.

      Delete
  2. Rock on!
    Anything which cheers people and adds a bit of fun should be welcome these days. I am for it. If people pocket one or two which they particularly like then there is continuing space for Jan's hobby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "You Rock" one keeps calling my name. If it's still there when I go to check mail tomorrow, I'm pilfering it ... to make room for another of Jan's creations :-)

      Delete
  3. Bravo to Jan for challenging the manager. And winning. She sounds like she is well focused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I understand had she lost the battle, there were others waiting in the wings to back her up, to tell manager to "Leave the woman alone". Apache is gone, but his fighting spirit lives on in others :-)

      Delete