Wednesday, June 9, 2021

About Those Painted Rocks

The painted rocks along my pathway didn’t last long. Some went missing yesterday, only a day after they were dropped off.

I don’t think it was management’s doing. More like the little old lady who daily walks her dog through my walkway.

I didn’t see her do it, but the rocks were there when I headed out to Sprouts; and, when I returned, saw her rounding the corner — coming out of the walkway in my area, and then noticed some of the rocks were gone, the Nancy Drew in me put two and two together and concluded that particular resident saw something pretty, something she wanted, and helped herself.

Sorry to see the rocks go so quickly, as I enjoyed looking at them, but I’m glad the little old lady got to them before management did.

I haven’t checked to see if rocks still remain in other areas, probably won’t, because — good on me, I was quick to head back down on Monday, walk the complex, take photos.

I didn’t walk the entire complex, only about a third of the property, because it was hot, I’d worked out that morning, run errands and had pretty much depleted what energy I’d been able to reload after Shot No. 2 depleted my system, crashed my energy hard drive.

While on that picture taking walk, I ran into the Baker.

Turns out she was the mysterious rock painter ... or at least one of them.

It was a group effort.

There was she, Diane — who is the resident that put her puppy to sleep because she could not afford the vet bill, and three other women I didn’t know by name.

They ladies just all got together, painted the rocks and set about dropping off in their respective areas.

The group will get a kick out of the Baker telling them someone was out and about taking photos.

I believe I know which lady painted this one, which was located at the edge of my pathway before being pirated away yesterday morning.


I don’t know her by name, but I’m familiar with her because she’s very into crafts and extremely religious.

This next one, I found across the grassy knoll.


Not a stretch to imagine the extremely religious lady did this one as well.

Several quads over, near the Baker’s unit, I located what I think is a puppy.


I’m guessing Diane did this one. Probably because she's feeling guilty about acquiring a puppy during Quarantine, and then wanting to be rid of it once Quarantine was over.

I firmly believe the huge vet bill just gave her the excuse she was looking for, because of something she said about how the puppy was injured.

At any rate, would be nice if I could get all the ladies together, take a photo for you. 

Maybe I’ll approach the Baker and ask if she’d like a photo of the rock painting group for herself which, surreptitiously, will give me a photo to post — maybe each holding one of their bright colorful creations. That is, if they can find any that haven’t already been pilfered. LOL.

While we’re on the subject of bright and colorful, when looking online for a new Pride #ally shirt, I landed on this …


How about that!

Nina West is the spokesperson for the Lane Bryant collection.

Would have loved to have supported her with a purchase, but everything was big and loose. I like my clothing form fitting, so the hunt goes on.

19 comments:

  1. Hi! First visit here!
    Well, glad you got some pics of the painted rocks before they mysteriously went missing. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there and welcome, Abby. I too am glad I managed to capture photos. I've got enough photos to work into a few future posts, with commentary.

      Delete
  2. I think you should paint your own rocks and leave them here and there. Maybe other painted rocks will join yours, or more likely yours will also disappear. Great opportunity to be a little creative and a little mischievous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually a little surprised, not hurt, but surprised the ladies didn't include me. They know I'm into crafts, painting wooden Easter eggs and such. On the other hand, I'm glad they didn't because I really don't have the time, what with my needlepoint project, and would probably would have felt I HAD TO PARTICIPATE, rather than wanted to, had they included me.

      Delete
  3. I started reading your blog when I came across it and you were in the midst of hiding Christmas ornaments in places. I thought " What a lovely person". Still do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you believe that I am at this precise moment looking up posts and photos relating to that Christmas Cheer project. I'll probably work a post in about it and the blogger that inspired me to join her in hiding ornaments.

      Delete
  4. Interesting, I thought the purple one was a squirrel 😂. Viv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFLMAO! I guess that's why they say art is subjective. Everyone sees a piece differently. LOL.

      Delete
  5. Love that some other goofy old women are painting rocks and sharing. I often put my painted rocks out. I cannot draw but I like to give my rocks a kind-of dip-dye look. I got started when a little boy on the block behind me put out his painted rock on his mailbox ledge so I painted one and put beside it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice. I bet it pleased him to no end to see someone joined in. Dip Dye sounds interesting. Did you post a photo? If yes, give me an idea about where to look on your blog.

      Delete
  6. You can always continue to be The Rock Detective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you got pictures of the painted rocks before they disappeared. They are cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking around today, I see they've not all disappeared. Evidently, the little old lady only wanted the ones at the beginning of my walkway. Those towards the end are still in place. It's the old pick and choose. LOL.

      Delete
  8. Pretty rocks, fun while they lasted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Checking around, it looks like just the ones at the beginning of my walkway were taken. Others are still in place. So I just have to walk a little further to see and enjoy.

      Delete
  9. I had no idea Lane Byrant was still even around. I know and love Nina!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lane Bryant is absolutely still around, but it appears they are moving away from designing for big girls, offering more to the biggest girls. Nina is magical, and it's great to see a label with her hosting.

      Delete
  10. Have you thought of painting rocks using some of your nail varnish colors? You must have quite an assortment.

    ReplyDelete