Saturday, May 1, 2021

California is Open?

Yes? … No? … Maybe.

I haven’t heard our beleaguered governor say it's okay to do so, but management has reopened the pool, relaxed the mask mandate and an activity is on this month’s calendar.

I’ve yet to see anyone actually using the reopened swimming pool, but I wouldn’t risk it — even though it’s restricted to one family in the pool at a time and usage in one-hour increments.

The new policy on masks is that they are not necessarily required on the complex, but suggested when “in close proximity to others”.

Lastly, Activity Director is hosting a “Painting Class” on the 25th.

For Activity Director’s sake, so she won’t get discouraged, I hope residents attend — risk it, but I won’t be one of them.

Is all this reopening too soon — especially when there’s an upsurge in India?

Time will tell.

Speaking of our beleaguered governor, looks like the petition to recall him has enough signatures to get the recall on the ballot for possibly an October/November election. In which case, I’ll be voting for the second time in life, this time to keep someone, rather than get rid of — as was my intent with Thing 45 because, if Newsome is recalled, it opens the door for Katlyn Jenner as next Governor of California.

Newsome being spanked to the excessive level of losing his position, as punishment for attending a birthday party at the French Laundry, during a time when he’d imposed a lockdown on the rest of us, is not worth ending up with Katlyn who has two strikes against her — she’s GQP and a Kardashian.

My latest foray into adding more kale to my diet led me to a recipe for kale salsa.

Tried it.


Loved it!

Was especially tasty on the enchiladas I made for dinner last night.

On another note, if you’ve been reading the News Feeds, in addition to reports of daily new incidents of intimidation and excessive force by law enforcement, incidents that were buried/not released to the public are being posted, resulting in long-overdue accountability — cops are being fired right and left, cities/counties are bombarded with numerous lawsuits.

Bottom line, as cities/counties are bankrupted due to lawlessness of its police force, the cops appear to be defunding themselves.

9 comments:

  1. Hi, we are slowly opening up here - outdoor for drinks/food but gyms are open (restricted). Will the art activity not be socially distanced? And if the pool is restricted to one family at a time if should be safe, shouldn't it? It's been such a long lockdown it seems a shame not to be able to join in with more 'normal' activities. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the art class will be socially distanced, but that's STILL to close for me. I'm just not comfortable that we're out of the woods yet. I even took a raincheck on spending Mother's Day with Twin 2. As for the pool, they'd have to have it cleaned after each family before I'd risk it. LOL.

      Delete
  2. FIRE THE EVIL PIGS! and don't hire them somewhere else!

    I am not comfortable doing anything indoors yet, but outside and distanced I would be. that being said, I got a haircut on thursday, the first since october. just me and the stylist in the shop; both of us masked and fully vaxxed; 15 minutes in-n-out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's actually a movement on not to rehire them on another force. Hope that takes on. The pandemic has forced me to let my braids grow out, and I'm dying for a mani/pedi.

      Delete
  3. We here can for go mask outside now for small events and gatherings, but otherwise must still be worn indoors and bigger crowds. I'm still keeping a to all the guidelines still. I'm only half vaccinated right now.

    No worries on Caitlyn Jenner. She won't even get off the runway. Not to mention many GOP's won't vote for a trans person, and your state is too heavily blue to vote her in. She'll have a HUGE uphill battle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my perch on the couch, I'm seeing residents with masks hanging around their neck, at the ready to pull up when necessary. As for me, I too will keep to the guidelines, wear a mask. I hope you're right about Jenner about California being too heavily blue to vote her in .... but us Californians are pretty accepting. I don't think many would hold Trans against her. GQP and Kardashian is what we'd most likely not want to deal with.

      Delete
  4. Cell-phone cameras in the hands of concerned citizens---what a welcome development. The camera doesn't lie. Viewers may come up with differing interpretations, but a camera records in a way an eye witness does not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, and one thing I think even differing interpretations can't dispute, is when the video does not match the police report. We've always known they lie and use the police report to justify their actions. So not only their abusive actions being outed, but now it's known they are lying liars, their word can't be trusted.

      Delete
  5. Jenner I think is a Publicity Stunt, she loves her some Attention and they nixed her Reality Shows. *Winks* We have a Covidiot Gov., they should recall him, but, AZ only barely swung Blue and is rather Purple at the Moment, too many ReTrumplicans exist around these parts to rid ourselves of Idiot Ducey, who really isn't trying to protect anyone... he wants anything/everything Open for Profits and would consider Casualties acceptable losses I suppose? I don't go anywhere that isn't still instilling Pandemic Protocol despite the Gov. lifting restrictions like he has. Most Businesses are being even firmer about keeping Mandates in place, irregardless of Gov. Lunacy, and putting stronger Messages on their Doors that if you don't want to comply, you're not Welcome... in order to keep Patrons and Staff Safe, which is difficult for them when a Covidiot protests, but the Right thing to do anyway. Why pander to the Morons? Hopefully Natural Selection will do it's work and the Moron population will be Culled to be an even smaller percentile, then perhaps we can reach Herd Immunity after all?

    ReplyDelete