Monday, May 17, 2021

Moving Right Along

Looks like I’m good with taking the 2d Moderna shot, as the injection site is back to normal — and without following doctor’s orders.

Having spent my adult years swapping out — wherever possible, natural cures for all the pills and other medicines prescribed by doctors, popping a Benadryl wasn’t in my plans.

Instead, I iced the area, applied an itch stopping crème and Voilà… red raised welt be gone three days later.

Spent the weekend decluttering and preparing for fire season.

Several things motivated me to get prepared … yet again.

First was a notice from the utility company notifying, that because we’re in the fire zone, we’d soon be getting Planned Public Safety Power Outages (PSPS) ... yet again. Second reminder was news of a fire burning in Pacific Palisades, and third was the fire we had, same day as I opened Pandora’s Box, behind the university.


It’s funny, but things I thought were important enough to put on the Grab and Go list last year, I’m dropping from this year’s list.

It’s not that it wouldn’t hurt to lose those things that felt so important last year, year before, year before that. It would hurt, but thinking along the lines of what’s possible to save in a short period of time and what might not be possible to save, I’ve streamlined down to getting out with two things, after grabbing cellphone and car keys — 1) Go Bag that holds important papers, a change of clothing, a few travel sized hygiene products; 2) the Creative Memory Photo Albums.

The 16 albums are thick and heavy, so I’ve worked out there’s no way I can go up and down the stairs multiple times to get them into the car. Instead, I’d toss them over the balcony to the ground and pathway below. Retrieve from there.

Of course, the books would be damaged by doing so, but damaged can be fixed.

In actuality, it would save a lot of time, effort and worry if I had room for a huge water proof/fire proof safe in which to store important books and the photo albums.

I’ve looked off/on at various such safes last two years but, living in an upstairs unit, pounds of heavy metal is probably not feasible. Not to mention, neighbors seeing a safe coming in would automatically think I’m rich, storing money, word would get around. I’ve seen enough movies to know that might not be good for me insofar as tempting the criminal element.

Remainder of the weekend was trying to figure out why the Drive Cam App doesn’t sync with the new cellphone and why the process of photos from phone to email wasn’t going through.

The Drive App is a lost cause. I give up. As for email, I hunted, pecked, researched, I tried this that the other, with no success. Returning from the Pain Cave this morning, I gave it another go. Lo and Behold, I did something right because email began accepting photos.

Not only that, but deleted emails from as far back as 2013 showed up — literally thousands of them, which I had to delete all over again.

How did that happen? Where did they come from? Not a comforting feeling that deleted emails can retrieve themselves.

Also over the weekend, I began thinking of pizza and wondered if there was such a thing as Kale Pizza.

Found a recipe for Garlicky Kale Pizza.

Instead of garlic, which is on the list of things I cannot eat, I massaged the kale with garlic infused olive oil and Voila! — another successful kale creation.


The slice I ate this morning for breakfast was especially tasty with an egg on top.

Also, over the weekend, I leveled up in PokemonGo.


12 comments:

  1. Kale wins again, you are a wonder to me! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, and I'll probably make it again this week because it made such a tasty breakfast.

      Delete
  2. I worry for all my friends and blogger buddies out there. Im hearing it may be another nasty fire season like last year...and threat was bad enough!!!! I couldn't believe how much went up last year. And friends in both San Fran and LA sent me pictures...it was like grey fog everywhere.

    I never complain about our weather...we're pretty damn lucky here in PA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet of you to be concerned for us. Fires are the price we pay for living in "Sunny Southern California" but last two years have been the worst, and mainly due to arsonists and/or the homeless trying to cook/stay warm. Following the theory that bad things only happen when you're not prepared, I'm crossing my fingers that, so long as I am prepared, the area I'm in, known as Little Mountain, will get through the season. unscathed.

      Delete
  3. The fireproof safes typically have a one hour rating. Meaning the fire department is supposed to get there a put the fire out right away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One hour??? Is that all??? Hardly seems adequate enough when it's not some little house fire, but a neighborhood ablaze.

      Delete
  4. fire season started early this year. this is 1 of 928374650 reasons I would never live on the west coast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always something. If not fire, then it's earthquakes ... sometimes both, simultaneously.

      Delete
  5. Glad you are getting your 2nd shot. We are a bit behind in Canada.
    The kale pizza looks healthy and good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be glad when this whole shots thing is over. Probably still wear a mask though.

      Delete
  6. Inquiring minds want to know more about your kale pizza. Is it raw massaged kale on top of cooked crust? Or put on crust before cooking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I baked the crust first, just long enough to know I'd get a well cooked crust without burning the kale once it was added, then I added marinara sauce, jalapenos and raw kale massaged with garlic infused olive oil. Going to add roasted red pepper underneath the kale next time.

      Delete