Sunday, May 9, 2021

Mother’s Day 2021


Ordinarily, I’d be spending the day competing in a 5K with Twin 2, followed by being treated to a mani pedi.

The pandemic put an end to that tradition.

Having not made a trip to the spa in over a year, Lord knows I desperately need a spa mani pedi; but even though the spa is back in business, I’m not ready to risk that yet.

Made my first trip to the post office box yesterday, Mother’s Day Eve (Mother’s Day Eve should be a thing).

Worked out so well ─ even with an oversized package of scrapbooking paper being placed in a vault box, that I wondered why I’d never thought of a po box before.

Color me simple, but actually I find the entire process quite fascinating and would like to know how it works that, with so much mail coming to just this complex alone, the system knows to forward my mail to the po box.

Also fascinating me today is my Mother’s Day gift to myself.


I can’t say a salad spinner is any more effective than the paper towel method, to wash/dry kale, and other leafy greens, that I’m accustomed to. It’s just fancier, more elegant … bougie.

14 comments:

  1. I have that same salad spinner and love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting a lot of use out of me. Hope it lasts.

      Delete
  2. HMD; hope you heard from your kids/grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, lol. Heard from Twin 1, Twin 2 and granddaughter. The grandsons only call when they want money.

      Delete
  3. How does the bloody thing operate? Is it electric?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some sort of pump mechanism. I push down on the top and off she goes.

      Delete
  4. I bought a new mop which has a similar mechanism! I step on the bottom a few times and it wrings itself out.
    Still enjoying your side comment about asking a salad to be a donut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaaaat ... A mop that wrings itself out? I'll have to look into that.

      Delete
  5. I so glad you heard from your kids, especially after last week's blunder, LMAO!

    Happy Mother's Day to You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mistress. Loved that photo of you and your mom.

      Delete
  6. Happy Mother's Day. I love that you got yourself a gift. I did too. I bought myself a candle and hair clips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy belated Mother's Day. That's one way to get what we really want ... buy it for ourselves, lol.

      Delete