Wednesday, October 1, 2025

Showtime!

It’s finally the 1st of Halloween.

Skelly is happily on the patio, basking in the sunlight in his cowboy outfit.



I set Skelly up a few days ago, but tonight will be the first night I turn on the patio's Halloween lights.

I’d previously posted how Next-Door Neighbor had knocked on the door, said the skull on the doormat almost scared the life out of her. Well, the day Skully made it to the patio, she knocked on the door again, pointed to Skully on the patio, said, "I don’t care for the company you keep".

She seemed serious, actually looked a little angry.

I don’t know if it’s her illness and worry about how to care for self after her operation that’s causing her to be such a pill, but inasmuch as she knows and has seen me decorate at the Month of Halloween for years, knows I go to the macabre, nothing is new.

I gave her a break because she's ill, let it go with the obvious …… "You should be used to it by now".

She has no idea how I restrained myself …… didn’t put a scary cover on the door, didn't purchase a frightening doormat I’d been tempted to buy.


I'm still tempted to buy that doormat for next year and may yet do so.

Yesterday was No Pizza Tuesday.

I walked through the Community Room last Tuesday, to see if anyone showed up for Kesha, found just one resident — the Upstairs Lady.

Yesterday, around 11:15, a mass text went out from Crafty Lady — "Good morning, just asking if anyone is coming to the Community Room".

Only three of us replied to the text — the Baker, Painted Rock Lady, myself, and we all said "no".

Then came a follow up from Crafty Lady — "Okay, I was told to ask by Kesha to see if anyone was coming. It’s supposed to be crafts, but I’m not doing them, my days are Mon and Wed, see you tomorrow".

I checked the Activity Calendar and, sure enough, listed was "Fall Craft: Join in the Community Room to create a festive fall craft".

It's kinda sad that Kesha was so desperate as to ask Crafty Lady to call folks to come down, and I wonder how long it’s going to take before she realizes she's been cancelled.

Lesson for Kesha here …… notwithstanding the fact that as a Black woman in the workforce, you need to be smart about what you say, do, how you interact with others, tone yourself down, in some cases dumb yourself down is that it's a fact of life that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

As for Crafty Lady doing crafts twice a week, Mon and Wed is a little too much communal crafting for me, as I've got my own projects here in my unit to complete.

However, I do plan to join into Crafts this morning, just so I can gather intel as to what happened after we all said no yesterday …… did anyone else happen to meander down, did Kesha use the downtime to clean out the refrigerator?

To do so would have created some good Karma for her, erased some of the negativity she's created for herself around here by having backed up management's stance when they were hard lining us on keeping the refrigerator locked.

26 comments:

  1. You know well what I think of Management. But I do love Skelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Skelly needs a mate. I'm going to have to clear out some things in the patio storage area, so he can have a girlfriend next year.

      Delete
    2. Oh no! What if they mate and the little ones upset your neighbour even more! JanF

      Delete
    3. 🤣 but she'll have moved before next Halloween. Would be hilarious if her new neighbors went even wilder than I at Halloween.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. LOL, it's pretty frightening. I might order and, if it arrives soon, swap it out for the headless horseman.

      Delete
  3. Just popping by to say YEEHAW to you and Cowboy Skelly! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you popped in. Been thinking about you, missing your posts. Heal quickly.

      Delete
  4. Some people do have real issues with skeletons. When I lived in Arizona many people celebrate Day of the Dead with much fanfare and gusto. But I had a few Christian neighbors who really disliked it. I was shocked since I thought those Skeltons were adorable. I once gave a good friend a Skeleton covered tote bag which she politely refused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Politely refused" ... WOW. I'd have loved it, which reminds me that somewhere in storage is a handbag with a skull. Don't recall using it in the last 10 or so years because I don't carry handbags, just wear fanny packs. If it ever turns up in my Death Cleaning activities, I'll post a photo.

      Delete
  5. I love Skelly! What a weirdo your neighbor is..."I don't care for the company you keep"...REALLY? Really? Sigh. I'd order that doormat for THIS YEAR just to mess with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did go online this morning to order. The seller's only method of payment is credit cards. I don't know this seller, so I opted out, and can't find that particular Howl of the Dammed doormat anywhere else. Too bad as I'd have totally swapped out the current doormat.

      Delete
  6. I get so annoyed with people who tell other people what they should and should not, and can and cannot, do at their own homes.
    I'd buy that new doormat ... it scared the shiz outta me but I love it.
    Alos loving the boots and socks in the new header!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For reals it's annoying when people try to impose their preferences on others, but I'm giving her a pass because she's battling a serious illness. I too love that doormat, tried to buy it but I don't trust a seller whose payment option is only credit cards. I've looked around for that mat elsewhere but only found a circle one and I want a regular rectangle. If I'm meant to have it, it will happen.

      Delete
  7. Maybe your neighbor lady never heard of Halloween? She should have been used to it all by now. And I love that doormat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Management once put on a Halloween Patio Decorating contest. Neighbor joined me in a candy corn theme. She put lights on her patio, Candy Corn window decals, so I guess she's okay when I decorate all sweetness and light, doesn't like when I go dark. Too bad because I prefer dark.

      Delete
  8. That doormat is scary as hell!!!! I think for tricks or treats you need to put Skelly out on the chair like that and fill the pumpkin with candy...see who is brave enough, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, we don't get little trick or treaters, or I definitely would, cause I'm Halloween evil like that, LOL.

      Delete
  9. Maybe your neighbor would like a tRump skeleton. Skelly's feet look cold. Should he have some cowboy boots that can handle possible rain? Weird management. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She lives and breathes hatred of Donald Two Dolls. Wish I'd kept my old cowgirl boots and leather vest. Would have completed Skelly's look.

      Delete
  10. Love the boots and leggings in the banner. Gives me a good idea if I get somewhere ghoulish to go. Also love that mat. I think you should get it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried, but don't trust a seller I've never used before with my credit card.

      Delete
  11. LMAO at the intrusive annoying Neighbor's rude comments, you aren't Decorating to suit HER, some people think it's all about them all of the time. Loving your Cowboy Skelly and I do like that Doormat you're contemplating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next Door Neighbor has always been boring, this being a stick in the mud is a new side I've not seen before.

      Delete
  12. Very cute. Have a good October. You look nice in ylurnnew profile pic.

    ReplyDelete