Happy Monday. Let the games begin.
If you look closely, you’ll see that Skelly has acquired the beginnings of a real legit spider web.
At this point, it’s just one thin string, but Skelly and I will take it … so long as it’s outside, not inside my unit.
No news from the office yet over payment for the $15 lightbulb, but it’s early in the game. If they’re efficient, I should hear from them sometime this week.
The lightbulb wasn’t the only thing that had to be replaced because, over the weekend my wall charger, portable charger and charging station all failed, had to be replaced.
Today, I had a craving for, of all things, carrot soup.
I remember many years ago, I was eating such a volume of carrots — raw, juiced, roasted, that my skin actually took on a jaundiced coloration, which turned me off of carrots for a while.
I didn’t stop eating carrots, just lowered my intake — no roasting, no juicing.
It wasn’t until today, when I tossed carrots into the crockpot to make carrot soup that I realized the carrot cravings are back because, last few days, I’ve also been eating quite a lot of raw and roasted carrots.
So long as I don’t juice it, maybe my skin won’t turn yellow this time.
It was after 30 minutes in the crockpot, when the carrots were ready for the emulsion blender, that I turned the blender on and …… nothing.
It was dead.
That’s a lightbulb, three different chargers, and now a kitchen appliance to fail in a few short days.
I had to switch to the countertop blender, which worked just as well.
![]() |
| Carrot Soup for Days |
I even made a little loaf of gluten free Artisian Bread, from a boxed mix, to go along with the soup.
So long as the countertop blender keeps ticking, I see no need to replace the emersion one.
After telling Crafty Lady that I’d check into the Community Room this morning, pick up whatever it is she made for me, and then not showing up — as I’d planned all along, I’m beginning to feel a little guilty for ghosting her.
Hopefully, the message is beginning to sink in, she’ll swallow any hurt feelings being ghosted might have caused and, like Corporal Stitch in Heartbreak Ridge said, she’ll not "Go away mad. Just go away".
Tomorrow is No Pizza Tuesday, and I’ve decided not to close the blinds, hide from Kesha.
If she follows that plan to knock on doors and my door gets knocked on, I’ll let her in, tell her don’t take it personal but she and management have given me no reason to come to the Community Room.
She needs to hear it plainly said that, like Scary Mary commented "If they want people to come back to the community center for get togethers they're going to have to work for it".



I can’t remember the last time I had carrot soup. That sounds so good.
ReplyDeleteThinking back to when I last had carrot soup, I figure 10/12 years ago. No reason. I guess it's just a dish not often thought of.
DeleteMaybe Skelly is messing with your light bulbs, chargers and blenders ... oh my.
ReplyDeleteI think you should speak up to management about how they are running things and making residents feel disinterested in their little parties.
If and when asked a direct question, I've been known to give a no holds barred answer. It's sometimes gotten me in trouble, LOL, but I tell 'em "If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked me the question". So, no worries. If Kesha asks, I will say.
DeleteYes, I agree, tell the truth and let them work out what to do. They are lazy and mean about activities compared to other places I hear about, time to step up to the plate. Your rents are higher now so there should be some fun activities provided. JanF
ReplyDeleteAfter they cut down the trees, Next Door Neighbor said, "They're turning this place into the Projects, a Ghetto". What with no activities and a bare landscape, she may be right.
DeleteMy Mom once went Donnie Two Dolls Orange from munching on Raw Carrots when she was Younger and trying to kick Smoking! It's the beta-carotene in them. But, Carrot Soup does sound good and now you've got me hankering for some. *winks*
ReplyDeleteBut for the fact it happened to me, I would not have believed carrots could turn one's skin orangish. I'm still locked out of your site, hope everything is going good for The Man and Co.
DeleteI have no idea why you're still locked out of my site, I haven't changed anything. The Man's 2nd Heart Surgery had lots of serious complications but he got thru it and is Home and recovered fine. I've got to see a Specialist about some possible Sun Damage on me, need to know if it's Serious or nothing? The Young Prince is here for the Holidays and will likely have to get that divorce, he's done all he can, but when relationships become toxic, it's best to end them. I've done a lot of Halloween Posts, of coarse. *Winks*
DeleteI've got a lot of catching up to do if and when I can get back in. You, the Man, Young Prince hang tight.
DeleteI've only had carrot soup once and I though it was god awful. I do like them raw though. To each his own.
ReplyDeleteLOL. Hard to believe carrot soup could be made to be god awful. Would like to know what was in it besides carrots, oil, broth.
DeleteDo you have an electrical breaker box in your apartment? I'm wondering if something tripped one to off. That's too many things to have gone wrong with your electrical stuff. One time I was cooking a lot of stuff, using lots of my applicances. Do so all at once tripped one of the breakers in the nearby box down my hall. Take a small light bulb lamp and plug it into different outlets and you may find a dead outlet vs a dead appliance. Don't let Skelly stick his finger in an outlet! Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteI think it's more of they just don't make things to last like they used to.
DeleteEnjoy your carrot soup!
ReplyDeleteI am ... dinner last night, lunch today, dinner tonight and plenty left over for the next two days.
DeleteThat is spooky - all the malfunctions. I've been eating Campbell's Tomato Soup made with milk instead of water with garlic toasties. I felt rather foolish for eating it for days now but maybe it's just Fall Y'all.
ReplyDeleteBeats having to cook meals every day. Nothing wrong with that.
DeleteExactly. Some people won't take a hint and need to be told directly.
ReplyDeleteSo weird that so many devices have stopped working at the same time.
It is weird and, since more electronics and appliances are acting up, I'm beginning to think cutting down the trees unleashed a curse.
DeleteOh you're a tough one. They may get the impression you don't carrot all! 😉
ReplyDelete🤣🤣 Good one, my friend.
Delete