Today was cold windy wet rainy.
Skelly is getting a nice bath.
Not much chance of Kesha walking around knocking on doors in this kind of weather; but, just in case, I closed the blinds at 10:30, lowered the volume on the TV and played no one home until noon — when Kesha should have been long gone, headed to the next complex on her schedule.
Shortly after noon, a group text message went out from the Baker.
Evidently, she braved the weather, went to the Community Room — where she said she’d never set foot in again on a Tuesday.
Oh, well.
She tells us it was just she and Kesha, with Kesha asking "What’s wrong" … like why is no one coming down on Tuesdays.
She said she told Kesha it was "About that problem with the refrigerator. We talked for about a half hour and I think we worked all of it out".
Well bully for her, but I don’t see their reconciliation making a whole lot of difference.
With no Pizza Tuesday and no Activities, because money is not being provided for Kesha to do anything, what’s the point of getting together in the Community Room?
And speaking of Activities, after bringing up the lateness of the Activity Calendar in that management/residents meeting, the result was not a timely Activity Calendar for this month. Instead, we received no Activity Calendar at all.
If by some miracle, the reconciliation does draw others back to the Community Room on Tuesdays, they can count me out unless and until management, and Kesha, come up with a reason for me to take time out of my day to go down there.
I once visited a senior complex where the residents gathered in groves to meet and greet in the mornings, because every morning management provided coffee and donuts.
We actually had that kind of joyous atmosphere here when I first moved in … but then Corporate bought the place and communal joy went out the window.
Yesterday was Crafts Monday. Since no one sent photos for me to upload onto the Residents FB page, I’m guessing they didn’t do crafts.
Did it die off already?
I’ll know tomorrow, because tomorrow is Crafts Wednesday. If I get nothing to post tomorrow, it will be a fair guess that the few that attended lost interest.
Twice a week to me seemed a little much to begin with in the first place — a huge commitment for Crafty Lady and for the Usual Suspects to attend in support of Crafty Lady.
While watching an English Subtitles Chinese Drama the other day, about the usual scumbag guy that sets himself up for very bad karma, the funniest thing popped up.
How do you like that, Linda in Kansas. There’s no escaping mention of Taylor, but at least Travis wasn't included in the script.

Um, Kesha, you don’t lead or pay for any events. What do you expect?
ReplyDeleteIf anyone in management around here had common sense, they'd be able to figure that out.
DeleteSadly, corporate is more interested in the coins and not the simple well-being of the residents.
ReplyDeleteAnd I thought all Taylor Swifts were the worst?
🤣🤣 Oh no you didn't say "all Taylor Swifts were the worst". The Swifties are going to come after you now.
DeleteIt's sad to hear about the community camaraderie dying off.
ReplyDeleteSadly, nothing lasts forever. We had a good run.
DeleteIt seems there is trouble in paradise. Corporate ruins everything with the greed.
ReplyDeleteThat is a fact. Corporate has no soul.
DeleteGood thing Skelly has that hat to protect him from the elements, lol.
ReplyDeleteAnd he doesn't complain about it 🙂
DeleteI don't watch such foreign films, but I think Swift did a concert in Japan. She's pretty much got a following in lots of places. I actually don't know her songs, but I think the goodwill she shares is a nice thing in a mean world. We think Travis is cute. I think his brother Jason is a little crusty. You really are having a midwestern weather episode these days. Trivia P.S.: Did you know there are more Hawaiian hula schools in Japan than in Hawaii? Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteLOL. No, I did not know that. We used to have a hula school in a neighboring city, closed now. I'd like to see Taylor's Life of a Showgirl.
DeleteIf they want people to come back to the community center for get togethers they're going to have to work for it and that doesn't seem like it's going to happen. It's sad when corporate just doesn't care.
ReplyDelete"Work for it" is exactly right and, if Kesha ever does knock on my door, catch me unawares, I'm going to ask exactly that .... what's in it for me to come down there.
DeleteWe do have semi-regular get together with snacks and drinks but they are paid for by corporate companies (healthcare, insurance, etc.) that want our business. I would be good with that but since I am a late riser, by the time I get out of my house to socialize, everything is over.
ReplyDeleteWe used to have that as well. Seems everything we used to have has slowly dissipated. Probably management and Kesha don't want to put forth the effort to arrange those presentations for us. Workers now days are just plain lazy.
DeleteChaos at the corral.
ReplyDeleteWe may have to do like Portland ... protest in inflatables.
DeleteThey really will have to put in the Work to get people coming back to the Community Center. How funny about Taylor Swift being mentioned in a Chinese Drama... she really has Branded herself Globally. I don't care for her Music, but she's Brilliant at Marketing herself, gotta Respect that level of being a Boss Lady.
ReplyDeleteThey won't. They'd rather we stay in our units and out of sight. Less work for them. As for Taylor, I just wish she'd fallen for a better guy. I don't like Travis.
DeleteP.S. What's going on in your neck of the woods? Since I can't read your blog, you may have to send me Clif notes.
Delete