Wednesday, October 29, 2025

Show Me

I’m not from Missouri, the show me State, but I don’t take things at face value, I dig deep and have to prove to myself.

Thus it was that when, in early October, I’d posted the neighborhood Starbucks was up/running but, due to the cost of a Venti ($4.75 plus $1 tip and quarter change/$6.00), it would be a rare treat, a reader led me to a site that demonstrated a $3.95 plus $1 tip/$5.00 Tall was the same amount of coffee as the more expensive Venti.

My next trip to Starbucks was on the 22nd, where I purchased a Tall and kept the cup.

Then, yesterday, I purchased a Venti and, using water, ran an experiment to see if the Tall was indeed the same as a Venti.


Tall comes up short in filling a Venti cup.

I don’t know how the guy on that site managed to trick my eyes into seeing otherwise but just goes to show, like they say … one can’t believe everything they see on the internet, not even if we see with our own eyes. Have to prove it for oneself.

Like any good scientist, I had to verify the initial findings, so I poured a Venti into my coffee cup.


Actually, filled to the brim with a tiny bit left in the Venti cup.

Next, I poured a Tall, which the guy demonstrated was the same as a Venti into my coffee cup.


Nope. Not happening.

I’ll stick to the occasional $6 cup.

I also thought my eyes were deceiving me when, headed for the dumpster two afternoons ago, I saw something strange poking out from behind the dumpster wall ……


A Nazi car?

Nope ……… Can’t be ……… Not in my backyard.

Oh, but it was.



Word got around pretty quick, and it was tracked to a visitor.

The driver was visiting the neighbor that moved into the vacant unit upstairs across from Lu’s unit.

A little history on that unit: The previous resident was Laura, one of Dream Lover’s old girlfriends, known on the blog as Boebert because she talked during bingo, couldn’t be quiet …… not unlike Lauren Boebert at the Beetlejuice show.

The unit is one building over from me, upstairs across the quad from Lu.

Now that Lu is with Dream Lover, I imagine she was previously jealous … glancing up, seeing Dream Lover climbing the stairs to Boebert.

But at least Dream Lover waited until Boebert moved out (due to cigarette smoke continuing to seep into her unit from those violating the no smoking rule) before he hooked up with Lu, otherwise Boebert would now be looking down, seeing Dream Lover going in/out of Lu’s unit.

As far as I know, I’ve not seen the person that moved into Boebert’s old unit, don't know anything about him or her or them, but I’ll have to snoop around, fix that and, hopefully, one day catch a glimpse of the driver of the Nazi car.

Speaking of history on units ……… remember the guy that moved into the cursed unit — upstairs across the quad from me ……… "Cursed" because bad things happened to everyone who has lived in that unit since I moved in 2012.

Nice guy in the unit now, friendly to me, but not sociable around here (let’s call him The Geek, because he’s kinda dorky) has managed to break the curse, is going strong, will outlast and outlive yours truly.

16 comments:

  1. That coffee switcheroo was too good to be true, alas. And perhaps The Geek is a powerful magician who can counteract curses. Woooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's obviously got something going on. May be one of us.

      Delete
  2. It would have taken everything in me not to run a car key around that Swazticar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFLMAO! I was surprised to see no damage, and I was glad he didn't park next to me. Last time Twin 1 stopped by, on the way to service the homeless, her security guy planned to meet up with her here, driving a Tesla, was going to leave his car parked next to mine, cause I know that spot is empty, as they carpooled. NOPE, said I. I wasn't going to risk my car getting damaged cause his was parked next to mine, so he drove and parked an old truck.

      Delete
  3. You are most generous with your Coffee Tip IMO. Glad you did your own experiment, deceptions abound these days. The Swazticars are so ugly and become so unpopular now, I don't know why anyone still buys them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since they're so unpopular, I wonder if people still buy because those cars are selling cheap nowadays ??? or maybe some just like the negative attention.

      Delete
  4. A Tall Starbucks is 12 ounces, which is more than enough for me. (A Venti is 20 ounces for hot drinks, 24 ounces for cold drinks). That much caffeine would give me the jitters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takes me 2 days to get through a Venti, so I'm getting my money's worth out of it.

      Delete
  5. Wow! Thanks for your experiment regarding the Starbucks sizes. I saw the video that guy shared and was shocked. I found it hard to believe, but stupidly believed it. Never thought to do my own comparisons. It’s a relief to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also believed it .... that is until I bought a Tall and, when it didn't seem as much as a Venti, I just had to test that guy's theory.

      Delete
  6. Pour some coffee on the Nazi car. They're just so ugly. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's close to the dumpster. Maybe the trash collector will mistake it for trash, haul it away.

      Delete
  7. Interesting experiment. I still can't make myself pay $5 a cup but it would have been a great save if it had been true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starbucks is expensive but considering I don't smoke or drink, I'm coming out ahead as those are even more expensive, and I've got it down to once a week .... sometimes longer, rather than daily.

      Delete
  8. The driver of the Nazi car can probably be identified by his red ball cap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be foolish around here. I'm sure we have some Trumpsters on the property, I know of one, but fortunately she and, if there are others, have the good sense to keep it on the down low. P.S. My old buddy Apache is a diehard Trumpster.

      Delete