Not yet tired of carrot soup for dinner, I had my third batch cooking in the crockpot yesterday afternoon when the power went out.
We’re having way too many power outages lately, and all the power company can tell us is "analyzing problem".
Luckily, it was only out from 6:00 to 8:30, instead of all night, but the timing of the outage was inconvenient as not only did I have to give up the idea of soup for dinner, switch to kale salad, but I was also in the middle of putting the last few stitches in that never ending needlepoint project when the craft lamp went out.
Retrieving the portable power station from patio storage, I was able to hook up the craft light, get sufficient light to finish.
4 years, 4 months, 3,391 Hours Later.
All that’s left to do is to wash the piece, iron, frame, post the great reveal in a few days.
Tomorrow is Halloween Bingo. When asked if I was attending by Painted Rock Lady, I did say yes but, as time has gone on, I’ve retreated further and further from the Usual Suspects, not so sure I wanted to go back to mingling.
Delivering November flyers to The Baker the other day, she asked, "You’re coming Friday, aren’t you?" So, I guess I’m going.
Billed as bingo, with a Halloween twist, it might turn out not to be as boring as I imagine.
I’ll be in costume, not wearing my "Look but don’t touch" tee, so hopefully Crafty Lady won’t give me any grief by trying to hug me ……… Cause me to create a scene by rudely backing away should it look like she's coming in for a hug or request a hug, like she did last time.
Wish me luck.

Congrats on finishing the Never Ending Needlepoint! You have tremendous perseverance. Looking forward to the Official Big Reveal!
ReplyDeleteIs it too late to switch your Halloween costume to 1980's Madonna with the Big Metal Pointy Cone Bra? That would really deter huggers.
🤣🤣 Since some of the seniors thought last year's Wednesday Addams costume was "a cute little girl", I shudder to think how they would have interpreted pointy cone breasts, but it definitely would have been an obstacle for Crafty Lady.
DeleteYippee Ki-Yay! Time to start the next needlepoint project? Will you frame this one? Hope Halloween is fun.
ReplyDeleteI'm done with needlepoint. My eyes aren't what they used to be and this one took so long that my hands started cramping up ... heading towards carpel tunnel. Now I have time to read the many books I've piled up.
DeleteI'm looking forward to The Reveal; must feel good to be done with it.
ReplyDeleteI often simply hold up a hand ... Stop ... when some folks come in for a hug.
You can't believe how good it feels as I sometimes thought I'd never finish. I've done the Stop hand sign a time or two in the past and if she approaches me today, may have to do it again. She caught me unprepared last time, but I'm on it now.
DeleteYou have done really well on the needlepoint! Please don't start another of that size! You must be rightly proud of completing it. JanF
ReplyDeleteI had no idea would take this long, but call it my swan song as I'll never do another.
DeleteHappy Halloween, Shirley! Can't wait to hear all the recon, uh, tea you'll have from Bingo!
ReplyDeleteI'm on it.
DeleteGOAL!!!
ReplyDeleteWill Jay
LOL ...... finally.
DeleteGood luck. Happy Halloween!
ReplyDeleteHappy Halloween to you too, my friend. Loved your terrifying cherry pie and the witches' feet sticking out of cupcakes was hysterical. Were the feet edible?
DeleteGood luck, Shirl, it's your special day! EVERYONE will want to give you a hug!
ReplyDeleteLOL. I got three, none of which was her, so I'm good. One was a repeat offender ... he hugged me twice.
DeleteI love that you did a video documenting the completion of the project. Looking forward to seeing the result.
ReplyDeleteI was hoping I could frame it in a plexiglass poster frame, because it would be light enough for me to handle. The size is prohibitive. Might have to go wood frame, custom made. Going to take some time for the reveal.
Delete