Wednesday, October 22, 2025

Spooky

In addition to a lightbulb, three different chargers, and the emersion blender failing in a few short days, one of the burners on the stove went out and, in the middle of watching a Chinese drama last night, a notification popped up on the laptop "Trend Micro no longer supports this software".

I’m beginning to think this place is cursed, that cutting down the trees released an electronics hating, kitchen appliance hating demon.

Why it's chosen my unit to vent it's displeasure, is anyone's guess.

Burner on the stove is no biggie as I’ve three other burners, except it is my favorite burner, the one predominately in use — right front.

Is that weird that I have a favorite burner, or is it common … all of you have favorite burners as well?

I’ve yet to hear from management about that $15 lightbulb, so I’ll hold off on putting in a work order for the burner until after that issue is resolved.

The laptop is a different situation. Still operable, but without cybersecurity software, I’d be vulnerable to data theft, so I quick made an appointment with Tech Support for this morning.

Having purchased the laptop in 2018, maybe even before that, I figured it couldn’t be upgraded to Windows 11 to recapture the cybersecurity program, so I was prepared to purchase a replacement.

Luckily, Tech Guy Dan was able to download a different version of the security program which, he believes, will allow secure use of the laptop. Secure, at least long enough to wait for a big sale he says will be coming up on laptops.

While in the store, I checked prices and was surprised to see how reasonably priced computer equipment is.

I was expecting two dolls donnie’s tariffs would cause prices to go sky high. Instead, if and when I have to upgrade to Windows 11 to get the cybersecurity program, the laptop will cost a couple hundred dollars less than I paid back in 2018.

Go figure.

The drive cam caught a funny thing on the freeway as I travelled to the computer store.



So far so good on not receiving text messages from Crafty Lady, and no Kesha knock on the door.

32 comments:

  1. Loved the truck skellies! That dude had a sense of humor. Yep, gotta favorite burner and the damn thing burned out about a year ago. I just left it as, like you, there are 3 other burners. I don't cook much anymore using my crock pot and microwave mostly.
    Good news about a MIA Craft Lady and a No Knock Kesha. Fingers crossed that will remain the situation.
    Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen commented burners can be unplugged, moved around. I don't dare try, but you probably can do it. I seldom use the crockpot, but microwave daily. Appreciate the fingers crossed. Life is good when these people stop bothering me. 😊

      Delete
  2. I wonder if your favorite stove burner went out from overuse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that driver and his dog have been on the road waaaay too long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🤣🤣 Too bad I didn't get a look at the driver, see if he resembled his passengers.

      Delete
  4. Girl, I'm glad I don't live next door to you so it won't hop over to my house. And, yes, I do have a favorite burner and it is also front right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know I'm not the only one to be so attached to a particular burner, LOL.

      Delete
  5. My favorite is left front. I hope the management goes back to actually being management and takes care of the units.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, like I suspect of Debra, must be left handed. I seriously doubt management will get better. I just hope it doesn't get worse 😬

      Delete
  6. My favourite burner is the front LEFT burner. Those skellies on the semi ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not, but my mother was and her favourite burner was the front left one too. So I probably just inherited my preference from her.

      Delete
  7. Well, Shirley, I'm a homeowner. I totally get the "favorite" burner. Electric stove? You can easily unplug and move them around, also, they are pretty cheap at wallyworld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably what maintenance will do, once I put in a work order ... unplug and move around. I don't dare trust myself not to screw it up.

      Delete
  8. That truck is a hoot!!!!

    But girl...demons? I think you have a bunch of gremlins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Oh, if it's gremlins, I'll have to make sure they get no water or they'll breed.

      Delete
  9. I'm right handed, but my favorite burner is on the left, so I can stir with my right hand. I've unplugged wire electric burners a lot to clean under them. Ya just gotta line up the ridges and notches so the thingie over the burner that holds your pan over the heat sets correctly.
    I don't think you have spooks in your apartment; just good funny spirits getting ready for a Halloween party cuz management doesn't provide fun any more.
    Don't let the trucker pick up your Skelly! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you're a lucky ambidextrous. I think Skelly needs a dog next year.

      Delete
    2. Skelly needs that doggie with a mean guard dog collar with the pointed spikes. My veterinarian son has a friendly plastic dog skeleton, about the size of a Great Dane. We use it at the door during Halloween with a Snickers bar in it's mouth. Linda in Kansas

      Delete
    3. LOL. That sounds cute. I've been inspired by the dog on the truck, looking at skeleton dogs online with plan to go to Home Depo tomorrow check dogs out. I Love Halloween. So much Fantasy, so much Fun!

      Delete
  10. Your laugh and that truck have made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the truck!!!
    I am also a Right Front!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I'd thought of putting a skeleton in the back seat to hopefully amuse, not scare or detract into an accident, drivers behind me, LOL.

      Delete
  12. Yes, we also have a fav Burner and it is the Right Front as well. I think it must be common? The Tree Murder does release Bad Energy, you're not Imagining that, they are Sentient Beings, all Life Forms are, and they have an Energy and Mother Nature has her way of interrupting Human Arrogance and perception that we are Dominant, we aren't. I don't think YOU per se have been Targeted, but from your Pixs Shared it appeared you were in close proximity, your Unit, to the Landscape Massacre... so, I can't Believe there won't be some ill effects from that. But, it will subside. The Truck decor is what I Love about Halloween... the Participants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think about the fact I'm close to, have to look at from my windows, and am sensitive to such things, could be why me. Maybe burning some sage will help it to subside faster.

      Delete
  13. Glad you had the still picture. You went by that truck so fast I missed the skels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to capture the still from the video. I got skills baby, LOL.

      Delete
  14. The tree murder bothers me a lot. I also believe that’s having an effect on other energy-based events in your vicinity. Love the skellies & love hearing your laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That energy-based event is still hitting the electronics ... I almost burned the rice when 20 minutes boil time was up, and overbaked the Artesian Bread, because the timer ran out but no longer emitted a sound. I'm going to have to pull out something more powerful than sage to chase that upset tree energy away.

      Delete