Monday, September 29, 2025

One Step Forward

We got our refrigerator back.

Checking into crafts at 11 this morning, I made a point to check on the refrigerator, found the lock off.

The Usual Suspects verified that "yes", management turned it back over to us, but they didn’t clean it.



No wonder they kept it locked up, didn’t want us snooping around inside, because it looks a bit like they’ve been keeping a science experiment up in there.

Hopefully, the Usual Suspects will toss everything out, sanitize to the umpteenth degree, maybe bring in a HazMat team before placing any of our items inside.

I suggested we get a lock of our own to keep management out.

They laughed, but I’m dead serious.

As for the situation with the pool bathroom, turns out we have two — one for men, another for women. Manager must know the law says a facility must be provided at the pool because what she did was to take over the women’s facility for staff, turn the men’s restroom into an all-gender.

I didn’t go over to check, but the Usual Suspects tell me the all-gender has one of those sliding thingies that indicate when the facility is occupied or available for use.

None of the ladies seemed thrilled about it, because there’s a big difference between a men's bathroom and a women’s bathroom ...... and not just that there are no standing urinals in women’s bathrooms. There’s also the smell and level of cleanliness.

No disrespect to male readers, but us ladies have all had brothers, uncles, dads and or husbands/boyfriends. We know how you guys don’t always shoot straight.

At any rate, there is still a bathroom in the pool area, so Manager wins this one.

Now that we have a refrigerator to hold foodstuff for our events, the Baker says bingo is back on. Not only is bingo back in play, she and her team are already planning the Halloween event.

Woo Hoo! I get to be a skeleton after all.

Baker says she’s still upset with Kesha, as it was not the Assistant Manager who cut her off and said, "NO, THE REFRIGERATOR STAYS LOCKED! AND I'M NOT COMING HERE ON FRIDAYS TO UNLOCK IT!", it was Kesha.

The Baker says, "I’ll not tolerate being spoken to that way". So, though we’ve got our refrigerator back, you piss off the Baker, you piss off all of us.

Kesha remains persona non grata. We won’t be coming to the Community Room on Tuesday, when Kesha is on duty. She’s destined to be like the obsolete Maytag man.

Today’s craft involved stenciling.

We were given a plain board, paint, various stencils, miscellaneous items and let loose.

Results varied.








I have a feeling you readers know me well enough to pick out which is my creation.

18 comments:

  1. I don't see any voodoo dolls, so your's must be the bat tree. Hope management isn't letting you have custody of the fridge long enough for you all to clean it then steal it back. Looks like Trump spilled his catsup in the freezer. Sounds like it's getting rowdy around there! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first thoughts for the artwork were voodoo doll or evil pumpkin, but I couldn't figure out how to work those two in, LOL. Fortunately, I found the tree thingie and bat decals.

      Delete
  2. The refrigerator is disgusting and I’m sure Management would be cited for that. She, the manager, is an absolute idiot. I don’t care what her own personal issues are. She is childish, vindictive, unkind, and clearly stupid. And your art, like you, is one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leaving the refrigerator in that state absolutely was all you said, plus petty at a level I myself even wouldn't stoop so low as revenge. The woman clearly hates old people, should not be working around the elderly.

      Delete
  3. Bats!!!
    I cannot believe they left that fridge so filthy. I agree you all should put your own lock on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting the fridge back! Once cleaned out and sanitized, I also think a new lock is in order with the keys given to Baker and her event helpers. As for the art, "PURSUE YOUR PASSION" was my first choice, but then I saw the Halloween tree and knew that had to be yours, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, LOL, bats in the tree is what I came up with. I'm in a Halloween state of mind.

      Delete
  5. Kesha's days are numbered.
    I'm glad you all got the refrigerator back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we're happy too that the refrigerator has been returned. Will make life much easier for those in charge of our activities. I feel sorry for Kesha, but she should have not taken a hard line with us over the fridge. She needs us more than we need her.

      Delete
  6. Hahaha. Love the lock idea. I'll guess Bats too. And don't give up on the bathroom. His and hers is the right way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the bat tree is mine. I'm not one to do the mushy gushy stuff the others did.

      Delete
  7. I am pretty sure I know which one is yours. *Winks* Glad you got the Fridge back, but, they should have cleaned it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you do know which one is mine, LOL. And I wouldn't put it past them to do like Tundra Bunny suggested they might .... wait for us to clean it, take it back.

      Delete
  8. The bat tree and it's great! I could tell not only because of my sense of what you would like but also that it shows more talent than the others and you are a true crafter. BTW the needlepoint is getting along wonderfully and will soon be finished. I , too, hope you can lock the fridge and it's a great idea for the Baker to have the key. JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, bats in the tree instead of flowers was a dead giveaway, LOL. Did you say you have a TikTok account? I'm trying to remember which commenter I'm following on TikTok and, if it's you, I'll be able to see your needlepoint there once completed.

      Delete
  9. Of course I guessed Bat Tree for your crafty item! The refrigerator war isn't over. Shame on management (again) for leaving it a nasty mess. After the residents clean it, I hope you all lock it. Don’t use a key lock. Get a combination lock and share the combo with trusted residents only!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nasty as they appear to be from the looks of the fridge, management had the nerve to say we don't clean up after ourselves at the end of events, which is a complete lie. They just don't want us to have fun. Just stay in our units, come to the Community Room when summoned by them.

      Delete