Thursday, September 14, 2023

The Great Inspection

My wish for a break from Red Light came true, as I’ve not heard her voice, have not seen hide nor hair of her all week.

Tomorrow is bingo Friday, so whatever spell has been cast, that kept her quiet, will then come to an end.

Heading out for yesterday’s workout, I spied the inspectors, walking around with their little clipboards, being accompanied by an uncomfortable looking Head Maintenance Guy.

Smiling to myself, at seeing HMG looking uncomfortable, transmitted itself, because HMG turned, looked at me, smiled, kind of shrugged his shoulders — like, oh well.

One of the inspectors also turned, saw me, smiled, said "hello".

They looked to be heading for Shadow’s unit and probably chose him because of his American flag.

The two inspectors — who looked like tough guy Union Representatives, seemed like the kind of guys who would appreciate seeing an American Flag, have probably served in one branch of the military or another, would be curious to see and talk to the resident of that unit.

Shadow’s story — if you believe it, is that he was a sniper in the Army, bragged about being a Purple Heart recipient, only I couldn’t find him listed in the National Purple Heart Hall of Honor site.

The flag on his patio leads me to believe he did serve, very possibly could have been a sniper, but he certainly was no Officer or a Gentleman because, after he pulled my use-to-be friend The Seer into his web, he went around bragging to the guys about "how fast she dropped her panties" for him.

Inasmuch as the inspectors were only one building over when I left for yesterday’s workout, upon returning, I checked with Next Door Neighbor to see if they’d entered my place while I was gone and/or inspected hers.

Not yet. Instead, I saw them hopscotching, later in the day, to other buildings.

Next Door Neighbor took the opportunity of my knocking on her door, asking about the inspectors, to invite me in, reassure her …… as if she really needed any reassurances.

As I’ve previously blogged, that tacky doormat of hers belies the fact that the inside of her unit is breathtaking, like a museum.

What she asked me, as she walked around naming objects as being a fancy brand name this, a fancy brand name that, brand names that are so far above me that I’ve never heard of them, was "Is my unit okay for Section 8?".

"Are you kidding? Your unit looks like a museum. You have exquisite taste and probably the most beautifully decorated unit in the complex".

I meant it, even though I wasn’t impressed with the brand name bed, mattress, dressers, armoire, wall art, etc. she so proudly pointed out — some collected when married to her high ranking military officer husband, who provided her with a fancy lifestyle, servants, but whom she divorced because he was a wife beater.

Thinking about that conversation this morning, the way my non-impressive This End Up, Pier 1, Walmart, Target furnishings/decor doesn’t compare, it occurred to me THAT may be how she ended up on Section 8 — the materialistic need to continue the lifestyle she once had … bring in, own, showcase top of the line, most expensive this that the other.

So, anyway, with seven more days of inspections to go, the guys may get to this building yet.

Along with their looking like tough guy Union Representatives, the two inspectors had GQP Republican vibes, which means they’re not gonna like my can’t miss seeing anti Inmate# P01135809 cups and voodoo doll.

In other news, granddaughter sent me a t-shirt commemorating the August 5th Alabama Boat Brawl.

Front

I pimped it up a bit by adding my chair training photo.

Back


19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. 😄Can't wait for cooler weather so I can wear it.

      Delete
  2. Your new t-shirt rocks, LOL! Thought of you this morning when I saw a meme which said -- "Officer: You got any weapons in the car? Me: I got a couple folding chairs in the back."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since the inspectors are probably Repubs, it would be tempting to wear your new chair shirt, and offer them coffee in your Indict mug while you point out recently repaired things with your voodoo doll. But then, if you don't want to be evicted, maybe you should dress up like a Repub. Linda in Kansas, where the Jerk has officially filed to be on our pre-primary Repub ballot. Can I turn Repub just to vote against him in the March Kansas primary, then return to Democrat status to vote against him again in the November nationals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a devious mind you have, LOL. I love it, but I doubt they'd get the chair shirt. The one with Inmate's mugshot on the back will be more effective.

      Delete
  4. I love how you pimped out the shirt. That's great quality reproduction, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can make magic happen with transfer paper and an iron.

      Delete
  5. I"m a flaming liberal Democrat living in a Red county and many of the neighbors in my complex are Trump fans. I'm careful not to display things that will get me on their Sh*T LIST for not other reason than I think anyone in the Cult is either unstable or lacks logic and common sense. I personally would not chance flaunting stuff I thought would irritate inspectors in a place where I live. I don't need the drama of getting targeted and people in mini power roles often do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like an awful environment to be stuck in and, in your case, it's wise to stay undercover. Around here, the ones living undercover are the Inmate's supporters. Even the inspectors, if offended, will have to swallow it.

      Delete
  6. Hopefully Friday *today* is a quiet one for you unless you win something at Bingo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as quiet as I would like. Red Light was sitting directly behind me with one of the newer residents and they were talking talking talking, nothing to do with bingo. They tried to keep their voices down, but being directly behind me, it was annoying, and rules is you do not talk during bingo, which Red should know because it's her rule. It finally got to the point where I picked up the noise machine, which is one of those yellow chicken toys that make noise, which the caller uses to quiet the room when it gets loud and raucous and she's trying to call numbers. I took the chicken, squeezed it towards Red and her table mate to show my irritation and signal SHUT UP! Red apologized and both shut up. Her companion was none too pleased, but I don't like her anyway, owed her one for something she did that I didn't like, so I was glad for the opportunity to get back at her. It was very satisfying. Plus, after a long dry spell, I did win a game.

      Delete
  7. We're in the same situation as "Misadventures..." above. Our county usually goes about 70 percent or higher for the "wrong" candidates. Oh well, I'm pretty much too old for politics anymore anyway. I'm wondering how you get your photos onto clothing. Do you have to go to some kind of specialty shop to have it done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess being low end middle class is working for me, because there's not many Inmate supporters in this class of folks. You can put photos on clothing by using transfer paper, available at craft stores. The process is easy peasy. Just place transfer paper in printer, send photo to print, peel the backing off transfer paper, clip white edges away, place the photo face up on cotton clothing, cover photo with protective paper provided in package of transfer paper, press with hot iron. Let cool down from hot iron few minutes, toss protective paper, and voila. I'll do a video next time. May be a while though.

      Delete
  8. I'm concerned that you're squeezing chickens. Have you talked to a counselor, maybe Henny Penny? Maybe your voodoo doll would quiet the bingo room. Be careful around there! Linda in Kansas, where we have chickens as pets...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once saw my mom kill a chicken for dinner by twirling it around by the neck until the neck separated from its body. My squeezing a toy chicken is kind by comparison and effective, shut the two up. I'm expecting Red's companion, who I'm naming Her Pompousness for the blog, will now be mad dogging me, not speaking in future. Oh well.

      Delete
    2. Not "Her Pompousness" but "Her Haughtiness".

      Delete
  9. Love the new T-Shirt. Mom always worried about the Section 8 Inspectors even tho' like your Neighbor, she had nothing to worry about. It's always interesting to me to see how people decorate their inner Sanctuaries, it is a peek into their Essence to see what they Love and surround themselves with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking the same thing about our units reflecting who we are as individuals, and how interesting it must be for the Inspectors to see inside.

      Delete